Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS at BROWNS Predictions
Don't be fooled by Browns or Texans because the Ravens and Chiefs are good teams going into 2020.

I think Bengals and Browns a pretty even match-up. I think Browns swept us last year. The year before Browns beat the heck out of us.

Two 0-1 teams trying to avoid 0-2.

The Browns have had Bengals number last few years. Mayfield has had his best games against us. The game is in Cleveland. Add in Bengals Kicker injured his leg end of game.

The favorites are the Browns, but I'm hoping Bengals get an upset win.

I consider this Preseason Game 2 and Season Game 2. Last place Bengals still trying to get reps in unlike practice. Get these first 2 games over with, go back to long week of practice, and hopefully Bengals get O Line and things taking shape Week 3. The Chiefs or Ravens could skip preseason, not the rebuilding last place Bengals. Week 3 some things might start coming together.

BENGALS upset BROWNS 24 to 21......Bengals may have huge kicker problem with Bullock injured and game is Thursday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We beat them last game last year, and Mayfield was terrible. I'd say it'll be a close one, but we might just pull this one out.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
27-17 Browns
It's a tough matchup on a short week form the Bengals.
On Defense
Were playing a good QB, Good Offensive Line, Good Rbs, and good TEs so its going to be a tough game for the Bengals. The key will be how Pratt and Bynes hold up in coverage and do the Bengals play Nickle or Base against 12 personal on Thursday. Also is Geno or Daniels going to play Thursday night?
On offense
The Browns Defensive Line is good but other than that it's a beatable unit! I would look for the Bengals to do a better job exploiting the middle of the field on thursday with Boyd and Bernard in particular. Hopefully they use Mixon in that role as well.

Overall the expect a tough game for us it's a short week and we just came off a very physical game ourselves so I will go with the Browns for this one.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think Mixon goes off. We win a close and sloppy game.
Reply/Quote
The Browns back 7 is a mess on.defense. Garrett is a monster pass rusher.but hes the only
Pass rush threat they have. Their LBers are worse than the Bengals LBers from last year.

Offensively Baker is having a severe regression. If the Bengals can get a lead and force Baker
To throw they will win.
Bengals 24 Browns 16
Reply/Quote
I think Mayfield is weak mentally. He is folding under the pressure and attention he got from his first season followed by his failures last season. So he has a lot going on in his head that isn't working out for him. I think if the Bengals put a lot of pressure on him early he will fold. Heck he didn't even put up decent numbers in garbage time against the Ravens. Granted the Ravens D is very good.

Odell seems like he is on cruise control and could not care less. So that leaves Landry and stopping the run game. If the Bengals defense can pressure Mayfield and force him to make mistakes as well as contain the run at a reasonable level it is a very winnable game.

So tl;dr if we can rattle Mayfield early and do a reasonable job against the run I think it is a winnable game.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The Browns have a better OL than the Bengals, and they have a lot of quality offensive weapons.
They attempted to completely revamp their OL with drafting Wills in the 1st round and getting Conklin in FA.
Add that to already good LG with Bitonio and good C with Tretter. Their weakest spot is likely RG with Teller.

Their LBs are lacking, so it will be up to the Bengals offense to exploit them there.

This game likely comes down to play calling and execution.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow has a respectable day

20/27
225 yards
2 TDs
0 turnovers
2 sacks
First NFL win 24-16 with the Browns getting a garbage time TD
Reply/Quote
I’m not predicting Bengal victories anymore until they can prove otherwise.

Offense does better, defense takes a step back.

Browns 31
Bengals 21
Reply/Quote
They’re gonna win.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Right side of the o line, and everyone on the sidelines with a headset continue to be a problem...

Browns 23
Bengals 17
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 06:58 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: They’re gonna win.

Both teams played hard.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I am going to give this one to the Browns, though I think it will be another close game. The combination of Chubb and Hunt vs. this defense will be the deciding factor. I think Cleveland runs the ball, controls the clock and does just enough to get a victory vs. Cincinnati.

CLE 24-21

Mayfield - 212yds, 1 TD & 1 INT.
Chubb & Hunt - 159 yards, 2 TDs

Burrow - 234 yds, 2 TDs & 1 INT
Mixon & Bernard - 101 yards, 1 TD
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Odell seems like he is on cruise control and could not care less.   

Sooo, your saying the Ravens gave him a Cleveland Steamer? LOL

(09-14-2020, 06:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Joe Burrow has a respectable day

20/27
225 yards
2 TDs
0 turnovers
2 sacks
First NFL win 24-16 with the Browns getting a garbage time TD

I think Joe learned a lot yesterday. I agree and think he bounces back.

(09-14-2020, 06:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m not predicting Bengal victories anymore until they can prove otherwise.

Offense does better, defense takes a step back.

Browns 31
Bengals 21

I doubt many of us blame you one bit. It's tough being a Bengal fan. I'll go 24-21 Bengals. Randy hits the game winner and redeems himself.

Reply/Quote
6-0 Bengals

On the final drive of the game Baker Mayfield throws a pick 6 and Fat Randy shanks the extra point.
Reply/Quote
We lost a squeaker, but the Clowns were taken to the woodshed. They'll be back home and looking for redemption. And while I never want to predict those ***** winning anything, this one just feels like a big ol' L coming right up Elm Street.

Bengals 13
Shitstains 27
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24 Browns 10 Burrow has a great game and his confidence soars. Mixon outruns Chubb and Hunt. Mayfield is terrible again and should quit doing those Progressive commercials until he gets better.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:15 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: We beat them last game last year, and Mayfield was terrible. I'd say it'll be a close one, but we might just pull this one out.

He was even worse the first game.

How we didn't win both is beyond me.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
All hinges on if Reader stays healthy. The run D looked bad for that bit of game where he was out. Chubb and Hunt are probably the best RB duo in the league. Gonna need the run D to be stout, and a TE to help against Garrett on every play if they're going to win.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All hinges on if Reader stays healthy. The run D looked bad for that bit of game where he was out. Chubb and Hunt are probably the best RB duo in the league. Gonna need the run D to be stout, and a TE to help against Garrett on every play if they're going to w
You are correct there. I thought the samething. 
Reply/Quote