Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals make call on the kicker : Bullock
I wanted Gonzalez the coaches picked Elliot and stead oh well..
I hope the fans don't expect Bullock to make every single kick this year.
But he won it straight out
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wanted Gonzalez the coaches picked Elliot and stead oh well..
I hope the fans don't expect Bullock to make every single kick this year.
But he won it straight out

He did win it and maybe those who questioned Tobin, Simmons and ML ability to cut a 5th round draft pick (many said they would never do it), they should recognize them and applaud them. We may think it was clear cut and an easy decision, but I still say this young kicker's career far exceeds the career of journeyman kicker Bullock. They chose for 2017 and immediate results versus 2018 and beyond.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He did win it and maybe those who questioned Tobin, Simmons and ML ability to cut a 5th round draft pick (many said they would never do it), they should recognize them and applaud them. We may think it was clear cut and an easy decision, but I still say this young kicker's career far exceeds the career of journeyman kicker Bullock. They chose for 2017 and immediate results versus 2018 and beyond.

I think it reflects the front office attitude that they want to win. 

If they're willing to admit that they blew it in the fifth round this year that shows a sign of humility and that they will do what's necessary to win.

You are right draft is subjective it's not a clear-cut science.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He did win it and maybe those who questioned Tobin, Simmons and ML ability to cut a 5th round draft pick (many said they would never do it), they should recognize them and applaud them. We may think it was clear cut and an easy decision, but I still say this young kicker's career far exceeds the career of journeyman kicker Bullock. They chose for 2017 and immediate results versus 2018 and beyond.
Makes you wonder if ML views this as his last season in Cincy.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If Elliot is not picked up on the waiver wire, he will go to the PS and have a chance to prove he can do it for next season...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Makes you wonder if ML views this as his last season in Cincy.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

This is not just ML, it is the guy who makes the final decision on draft picks. Tobin had to be on board also and I don't see him going anywhere regardless of the head coach.

Also, this is more the norm and not new for ML to be on a 1 year deal. In the past, I feel he always did what he thought best to win games immediately whether he was a lame duck coach or not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 10:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Holey Moley...

Has anyone bothered to look at Gano's stats for his career? Sub 80% overall...missed 12 out of 54 from 30-39. 

How is that better than Bullock?

He was terrible early in his career with the Redskins, but has hit 83.0% of his kicks in 5 years with the Panthers and 93.5% of his XP attempts since they moved them back. Bullock has hit 81.4% of his FG's and 84.4% of his XP's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 05:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He was terrible early in his career with the Redskins, but has hit 83.0% of his kicks in 5 years with the Panthers and 93.5% of his XP attempts since they moved them back. Bullock has hit 81.4% of his FG's and 84.4% of his XP's.

But he's missed 20 kicks in the last 2 years. 14 of them FGs

Nuge missed 18 in his last 2 with the Bengals, in 3 less games. 11 of them FGs

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
For all those 'We made a mistake not drafting Zane Gonzalez" folks. He'll most likely be available after today's game in London.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 12:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For all those 'We made a mistake not drafting Zane Gonzalez" folks. He'll most likely be available after today's game in London.

Those people seem to have given up a long time ago. 

Not so much for other(s).

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
And Bullock's kick yesterday was blocked because, like I mentioned as one of my issues with him and not with Elliot, Bullock kicks HORRIBLE balls; low, wobbly, crappy balls.

Nuge' doesn't have that FG blocked, nor does Elliot, but Bullock does because he hits balls terribly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And Bullock's kick yesterday was blocked because, like I mentioned as one of my issues with him and not with Elliot, Bullock kicks HORRIBLE balls; low, wobbly, crappy balls.

Nuge' doesn't have that FG blocked, nor does Elliot, but Bullock does because he hits balls terribly.

Looks like Simmons was overruled.  

I mean I get it.  He was not consistent, and certainly was inconsistent the first week with the Eagles.   So I don't know what he has done since.

But he had the bigger upside than Bullock for sure.   The Bengals, understandably, went with the more consistent kicker.

But in a season that always looked to be a developmental season, they might have wanted to go with the higher ceiling.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And Bullock's kick yesterday was blocked because, like I mentioned as one of my issues with him and not with Elliot, Bullock kicks HORRIBLE balls; low, wobbly, crappy balls.

Yep, Nuge's kick wouldn't have been blocked. It would've gone wide right.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yep, Nuge's kick wouldn't have been blocked. It would've gone wide right.

When I saw the first kick in the 'boys game last night, I shook my head...

But he then gutted out and made the rest. Good for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: When I saw the first kick in the 'boys game last night, I shook my head...

But he then gutted out and made the rest. Good for him.

Yep, good for him, but I'm so glad he's no longer here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 04:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yep, good for him, but I'm so glad he's no longer here.

2nd.  Place his bust nest to Neal Rackets in the GTFO Already Bengal Hall of Fame.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Bullock is now 13-16 (81.3%) on FG's and a perfect 20-20 on XP's in 10 games as a Bengal.

That's really all I care about. I hate when productive players are hated and nitpicked for no good reason. Produce and I'm happy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 06:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bullock is now 13-16 (81.3%) on FG's and a perfect 20-20 on XP's in 10 games as a Bengal.

That's really all I care about. I hate when productive players are hated and nitpicked for no good reason. Produce and I'm happy.

I'm happy he's doing decently, but the fact remains that he kicks shitty balls, every other kick.

Even his kickoffs are low and not aimed well; thank God our coverage teams have brought their A game each week.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 11:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm happy he's doing decently, but the fact remains that he kicks shitty balls, every other kick.

Even his kickoffs are low and not aimed well; thank God our coverage teams have brought their A game each week.

Like I said...nitpicking.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 01:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like I said...nitpicking.  Wink
Maybe just a little Tongue
Reply/Quote