Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Marvin will officially be back
What's strange is that I haven't heard anything directly from the team concerning this matter.  MB nor Katie has come out and dispelled these rumors.  Why make ML defend himself?  There isn't much hope, but I see a slight glimmer.  It could also be that MB is saying nothing due to the fact that it seems most (not all, you know who you are) are upset and want a change that he won't be granting.  Basically, just pacify us for now  with silence and come draft day, we'll forget all about it and return with our wallets open and ready to spend.

What I don't understand is why Marvin thinks his 15th season will any different than the previous 14.  Why is he so insistent on returning?  Is it the money?  His friendship with the Browns?  The players?  Being scared of the future without the Bengals?  Does he believe he's improving his coaching ability?  Doesn't he ever consider a fresh start somewhere else?  Does this man have no compassion for the fans who have  suffered by waiting so very long for a winner?  Does he not think that the Bengals can be successful without him? 

These are the questions I ponder year after year.  

I guess I could blame MB, but I think he's just incapable of making hard choices sometimes.   He is a very ineffective leader as history has shown.  Who knows?  Maybe he'll grow a pair and surprise us all this offseason and give us a reason to believe (for better or worse).
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 01:02 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: What's strange is that I haven't heard anything directly from the team concerning this matter.  MB nor Katie has come out and dispelled these rumors.  Why make ML defend himself?  There isn't much hope, but I see a slight glimmer.  It could also be that MB is saying nothing due to the fact that it seems most (not all, you know who you are) are upset and want a change that he won't be granting.  Basically, just pacify us for now  with silence and come draft day, we'll forget all about it and return with our wallets open and ready to spend.

What I don't understand is why Marvin thinks his 15th season will any different than the previous 14.  Why is he so insistent on returning?  Is it the money?  His friendship with the Browns?  The players?  Being scared of the future without the Bengals?  Does he believe he's improving his coaching ability?  Doesn't he ever consider a fresh start somewhere else?  Does this man have no compassion for the fans who have  suffered by waiting so very long for a winner?  Does he not think that the Bengals can be successful without him? 

I guess I could blame MB, but I think he's just incapable of making hard choices sometimes.   He is a very ineffective leader as history has shown.  Who knows?  Maybe he'll grow a pair and surprise us all this offseason and give us a reason to believe (for better or worse).

Interesting post. Lot to think about here.

I like any hope, even if it is just a glimmer. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know what you are saying, Nate, but I look at the talent assembled and I can't help but think teaching them all a brand new scheme would not improve our chances.  Look at how long it has taken the likes of Iloka, Williams, Dre, etc to be at least solid contributors.  On offense, I think the impact could be more positive as I see Zamp as a real hindrance in terms of his schemes and use of our personnel.  

One major way to impact this team right now is a new OC.  

You are agreeing with me again SHRacer, Wink  coaches are the biggest problem.

If it was me i would replace Marv, PA, Zamp, Hayes and Haslett with better coaches, maybe even
Coyle but he has been good in the past so i might stick it out with him for another year and the players
might adapt to his style better.

Urban is a fine Receiver's coach and i think if we are thinking about replacing Zamp, he should be on the
list IMHO. He worked under Hue and i think he is a smart fella who could really open up our Offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 01:02 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: What's strange is that I haven't heard anything directly from the team concerning this matter.  MB nor Katie has come out and dispelled these rumors.  Why make ML defend himself?  There isn't much hope, but I see a slight glimmer.  It could also be that MB is saying nothing due to the fact that it seems most (not all, you know who you are) are upset and want a change that he won't be granting.  Basically, just pacify us for now  with silence and come draft day, we'll forget all about it and return with our wallets open and ready to spend.

Which is exactly what the majority of our fanbase will do. Whatever  So many are desperate for a new coach yet so many will continue to line Mike Brown's pockets regardless if Marvin stays or not. Why would Mike make a change? Go ahead and keep dishing out your cash, you're giving him exactly what he wants. You truly want a coaching change?? Stop buying merchandise and (most importantly) stop buying tickets. 

And please stop throwing out cliches for Mike like "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"... The irony is astounding. Take a look in the mirror folks. 
Reply/Quote