Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BUILD ZAC TAYLOR A STATUE!!!
(01-16-2022, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This talking point is already old and tired. Marvin had the players Marvin picked. Taylor has the players Taylor picked. And it's not like Marvin's cupboard was bare the whole time he was here:
Carson Palmer
Chad Johnson 
AJ Green 
TJ Housh
Marvin Jones
Mohammad Sanu
Geno Atkins
Michael Johnson
Carlos Dunlap
Peko
and the list goes on...

Absolutely, Marvin had good teams that were not nearly as disciplined.  Had they been more disciplined I do believe they would have won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:16 PM)M.W. Wrote: Absolutely, Marvin had good teams that were not nearly as disciplined.  Had they been more disciplined I do believe they would have won a playoff game.

That playoff meltdown against the Steelers was a fine example of Marvin not imposing discipline into his players.

I blame him as much as the players who lost control.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No statue yet but you have to give him credit. He has a young team playing well and has brought in the right guys. Props to Tobin, too. Wasn’t a slam dunk to take Chase and not all their picks have worked out but they are nailing a lot of these picks and have turned it around quick.

I would have liked to have seen at least one “safe” pass on that last series but it did work out for him. Sometimes Zacs play calling is questionable but there’s no question that his players believe in him and play hard for him. As the HC that to me is even more important than his play calling.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The game plan was actually really good. They kept a very dangerous pass rush mostly at bay with the quick strike passing. And they got Chase involved in creative ways.

Yeah, where is the guy I was discussing this phenomenon with last week? I knew people would still nitpick ZT even if we won the first playoff game in 30 ****ing years! 

This whole argument is so Andy Dalton.....if we wind up Super Bowl champs, there'll still be some riding Zac like a stick horse. It's amazing the lengths some will go to to keep from being "wrong" in an internet argument. Damn people, let it go for one damn day and enjoy this shit!  Tiger

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is the dude under contract for next year?

I'd imagine he has options if not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:27 PM)Whacked Wrote: ^ yeah. I’m w ya.

Happy for the win (of course), but that last series - with a playoff win in the balance?

Just didn’t like it.

The Bengals had a 7 point lead at home and the Raiders out of time outs. There was 1:43 left. The pressure is on Vegas. The 7 point lead means don’t take chances. Any pass play has some risk. Taylor was smart.
Reply/Quote
SB before statue

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is the dude under contract for next year?

Good question, earlier in the year it sounded as if Zac was on the last year of his deal. I can't seem to find the article though I read about it so maybe I just saw people post about it here. How crazy would that be, some other team outbids us and we lose Zac? I don't even know how I'd process my feelings about it if it occurred. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals had a 7 point lead at home and the Raiders out of time outs. There was 1:43 left. The pressure is on Vegas. The 7 point lead means don’t take chances. Any pass play has some risk. Taylor was smart.

[Image: th?id=OIP.DPrv0EyiISAkEii-bvTwuQHaEK&pid...=309&h=173]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals had a 7 point lead at home and the Raiders out of time outs. There was 1:43 left. The pressure is on Vegas. The 7 point lead means don’t take chances. Any pass play has some risk. Taylor was smart.

I get it but let’s not forget someone can fumble on a run play too.

The Bengals overall need to do a better job of finding high percentage / low risk dink and dunks in these situations as our run game is - at times - impotent.

I trust a pass from Burrow to Boyd or Mixon over a run play to get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:24 PM)Whacked Wrote: I get it but let’s not forget someone can fumble on a run play too.

The Bengals overall need to do a better job of finding high percentage / low risk dink and dunks in these situations as our run game is - at times - impotent.

I trust a pass from Burrow to Boyd or Mixon over a run play to get the job done.

Analytics would never favor any kind of pass over a run play from a turnover aspect. Short quick passes get tipped at a high rate.
Reply/Quote

Can’t imagine too many better situations than the one he’s currently in with Joe Burrow at QB.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This talking point is already old and tired. Marvin had the players Marvin picked. Taylor has the players Taylor picked.

Except they had to pick from two different menus.  And it is getting old and tired to hear people claim there was no difference.

But this is not time to be talking about Marvin or Andy or any of that stuff.  This is a time to celebrate our current team.
Reply/Quote

Not according to Sportrac.  He is listed as one of our 2022 free agents.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That playoff meltdown against the Steelers was a fine example of Marvin not imposing discipline into his players.

I blame him as much as the players who lost control.

The issue was ZT winning at his first shot.

Marvin's first shot was Kimo slamming Palmer's leg.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:19 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Marvin would have, but Kimo's ***** ass ruined the game plan on the first play.

EXACTLY!!! 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:06 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The issue was ZT winning at his first shot.

Marvin's first shot was Kimo slamming Palmer's leg.

I understand that.

I was only replying to another poster about Marvin having other teams with enough talent but lacked discipline.

Not just the first playoff appearance.
Reply/Quote
Marvin would have won a Super Bowl if he had Joe Burrow.

I think Zac will win one with him as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not according to Sportrac.  He is listed as one of our 2022 free agents.

I’m not worried about that at all. Can’t see him leaving and having to start over somewhere else after all the rebuilding here. He’s linked with Burrow now. Why go to another team where you would more than likely have to try and find a franchise QB? He will be back.

If not the Bengals would by far be the best open position. With a franchise QB and all these young guys? Coaches would be lining up to get the job.
Reply/Quote
Taylor said in the post game locker room speech very few places he would have even had a job this year. He's not going anywhere any time soon.
Reply/Quote