Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BUILD ZAC TAYLOR A STATUE!!!
(09-22-2022, 11:05 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Zac wasn’t a leader or good coach you’d see coaches leaving, players leaving, and so many coaches wouldn’t be wanting to come here. Looks to me like the McVay tree has been pretty successful so McVay can pick them.

We have a waiting list of coaches wanting to come here?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:05 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Zac wasn’t a leader or good coach you’d see coaches leaving, players leaving, and so many coaches wouldn’t be wanting to come here. Looks to me like the McVay tree has been pretty successful so McVay can pick them.

I think most people have a problem with Taylor the playcaller, not Taylor the HC.

Taylor seems like a likeable, genuine guy. And the culture has seemed to change (at least somewhat) from when Marvin was here.

If Taylor were willing to relinquish playcalling duties to someone else (not currently with CIN?), the fans might be happy about that.
He seems to want to run a style of offense that this team just is not built to do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My how the mighty fall, eh? Zac goes from the greatest coach in Bengal history of the past 30 years to a candidate to be forced to eat Nyquil Chicken. <--actually a thing the FDA issued a warning about. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/21/technology/nyquil-chicken-tiktok-fda.html?action=click&algo=bandit-all-surfaces-variants-shadow-lda-refined-unique-time-cutoff-30&alpha=0.05&block=trending_recirc&fellback=false&imp_id=881314229&impression_id=9f422dae-3a81-11ed-81bb-754fb6cd3003&index=3&pgtype=Article&pool=pool%2F91fcf81c-4fb0-49ff-bd57-a24647c85ea1&region=footer&req_id=507874672&shadow_vec_sim=-0.04400227079095864&surface=eos-most-popular-story&variant=2_bandit-eng30s-shadow-refined-lda-unique

How many of you have enjoyed the bounty of a Nyquil Chicken bar-b-que?  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think most people have a problem with Taylor the playcaller, not Taylor the HC.

Taylor seems like a likeable, genuine guy. And the culture has seemed to change (at least somewhat) from when Marvin was here.

If Taylor were willing to relinquish playcalling duties to someone else (not currently with CIN?), the fans might be happy about that.
He seems to want to run a style of offense that this team just is not built to do.

Hard to know how limiting the OL has been. I mean we know there are protection issues and we know they’ve struggled running the ball. At some point players have to make plays.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We have a waiting list of coaches wanting to come here?

Lots of coaches want to coach on this staff, yes.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:43 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hard to know how limiting the OL has been. I mean we know there are protection issues and we know they’ve struggled running the ball. At some point players have to make plays.

True, but that's on Taylor, Pollack, and Tobin to get players that can execute the offense.
If the offense calls for big, long-developing routes, you need guys who can pass protect for enough time for those routes to develop.

If this OL can only sustain the pocket for no more than 3 seconds and it takes 5+ seconds for these routes to develop, they didn't do a good enough job identifying talent that can do that.

Same kinda thing with the run game fit.

I do agree that it's up to the OL to execute, but that's like expecting someone who has been a manual tester all their life to come in and build test automation. Not every manual tester has the technical capability to do that. If you took a chance that they'd be able to do it and they can't do it (well), that's at least partially on you for taking that gamble.
Sorry for this possible weird analogy, but it's in the area of my expertise.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:45 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Lots of coaches want to coach on this staff, yes.

Got any List or links?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:30 AM)grampahol Wrote: How many of you have enjoyed the bounty of a Nyquil Chicken bar-b-que?  Nervous

It's 'meh' and pales in comparison to the Sudafed dry rub, tbh.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 01:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's 'meh' and pales in comparison to the Sudafed dry rub, tbh.  

But Sudafed is hard to find in those quantities.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Got any List or links?

I know a NFL OC and the Rams QB coach

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but that's on Taylor, Pollack, and Tobin to get players that can execute the offense.
If the offense calls for big, long-developing routes, you need guys who can pass protect for enough time for those routes to develop.

If this OL can only sustain the pocket for no more than 3 seconds and it takes 5+ seconds for these routes to develop, they didn't do a good enough job identifying talent that can do that.

Same kinda thing with the run game fit.

I do agree that it's up to the OL to execute, but that's like expecting someone who has been a manual tester all their life to come in and build test automation. Not every manual tester has the technical capability to do that. If you took a chance that they'd be able to do it and they can't do it (well), that's at least partially on you for taking that gamble.
Sorry for this possible weird analogy, but it's in the area of my expertise.

Well the OL situation clearly points squarely at Taylor, Pollack, and Tobin. Taylor for hiring Turner ( he can coach but an awful fit for it appears any place on the planet) Pollack for a multitude of things but he pushed Collins on them, and Tobin because clearly nobody in the organization can identify OL talent. But Williams isn’t playing well so that’s not on Taylor. Volson is improving. Collins we don’t know what in the world???? That’s not on Taylor. However the inexperience of the OL as a unit should have over ridden the desire to hold them out in preseason. We all know that the Burrow situation has thrown them all a loop and the OL struggles. At the end of the day 0-2 is 0-2 getting beat on end of the game kicks doesn’t matter. They’ve not been ready.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 03:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well the OL situation clearly points squarely at Taylor, Pollack, and Tobin. Taylor for hiring Turner ( he can coach but an awful fit for it appears any place on the planet) Pollack for a multitude of things but he pushed Collins on them, and Tobin because clearly nobody in the organization can identify OL talent. But Williams isn’t playing well so that’s not on Taylor. Volson is improving. Collins we don’t know what in the world???? That’s not on Taylor. However the inexperience of the OL as a unit should have over ridden the desire to hold them out in preseason. We all know that the Burrow situation has thrown them all a loop and the OL struggles. At the end of the day 0-2 is 0-2 getting beat on end of the game kicks doesn’t matter. They’ve not been ready.

Agreed.

Leading the league in Sacks Allowed, being 19th in Points For, being 14th in passing yards but 2nd in attempts, and 14th in rushing yards but 8th in attempts shows how ineffective the OL (and offense as a whole) is so far.

There's a lot of blame that can be shared.

Coaches. Front Office. Players.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they didn't. Sure, his playcalling leaves something to be desired, but it is impossible for a team to win in spite of their head coach. It just doesn't happen. Taylor put the team together. Taylor hired the coaching staff. Taylor designed the offense. Even if every good play on the field is the result of Burrow audibling out of the play call, who put the playbook together? Who set up the audibles? 

This isn't the NBA where one player can just take over the game, ignore the coach and/or teammates and ball hog his way to a victory. 

People need to stop letting their hatred for Zac override their common sense and recognize that football is too complex for players to win in spite of their coaching staff. Zac has his issues and deserves his fair share of criticism, but he still deserves SOME credit for coaching the Bengals to a Super Bowl appearance. 

Cool, cool.

I mean, you're wrong but cool.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 08:08 AM)motoarch Wrote: Cool, cool.

I mean, you're wrong but cool.

Well, of course, I am. Just saying so is all you need to be right! Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 11:06 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, of course, I am. Just saying so is all you need to be right! Rolleyes

Tongue
Reply/Quote