Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BUILD ZAC TAYLOR A STATUE!!!
(01-16-2022, 02:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: SB before statue

Joe Burrow statue if anything...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: SB before statue

Absolutely, getting the monkey off the back was crucial and huge, but if Forrest and Sammie don't have one, Zac sure isn't worthy yet.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not according to Sportrac.  He is listed as one of our 2022 free agents.

Zac signed a 4 year contract . He has 1 more year. He’ll sign a new one in the off season
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:24 AM)motoarch Wrote: I might be on an island here.  I'm okay with that.

I don't hate Zac and I've made a previous post about what a great job he's done fielding a deciplined team that doesn't commit many penalties and plays smart.

There is a lot of value in that and it's an underated quality.

I did not like the play calling at all last night.

Some of those plays worked simply because of elite talent making something out of nothing.  He calls a better game and it's not required for him to ask chase to pull something out of his ass.

I'm as happy as anyone else the curse is over.  My throat hurts from screaming and cheering last night.

I hope Zac continues to grow and learn as a coach.  He's done some awesome stuff in Cincinnati.

I think he made some bad decisions last night and was bailed out by his players.

I got some blow back from saying this and I said it all season long last year.  

This team won in spite of Taylor, not because of him.

So far this season the high end talent has made him look so good.

Hope they turn it around.
Reply/Quote
Holy thread necromancy Batman!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 06:16 PM)motoarch Wrote: I got some blow back from saying this and I said it all season long last year.  

This team won in spite of Taylor, not because of him.

So far this season the high end talent has made him look so good.

Hope they turn it around.

Agreed. I've never thought much of him, but quieted down last year as the wins started coming. It's also silly to harp on someone that isn't going anywhere... But they can do better than this guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have lost 2 games with walkoff field goals as the clock expired. They’ve not looked good. I get it Zac’s the head coach. But he’s not making mistakes like La El Collins or Joe Burrow with turnovers. If you listen to Goodberry and others they hardly mention him in the blame game. But it’s the same old same old he has nothing to do with the success and everything to do with the failure. Some of you must have insufferable jobs and marriages.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Right now no statue for Zac or Joe B. We are looking at 1 winning season out of 3 years and 1 playoff appearance, Marvin and Dalton were 3 for 3 gor playoffs but no statues either since no playoff wins
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Right now no statue for Zac or Joe B. We are looking at 1 winning season out of 3 years and 1 playoff appearance, Marvin and Dalton were 3 for 3 gor playoffs but no statues either since no playoff wins

There’s plenty of criticism much deserved for an 0-2 start but the season is not lost
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There’s plenty of criticism much deserved for an 0-2 start but the season is not lost

I never said that just replying to bigger picture if no playoffs
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I never said that just replying to bigger picture if no playoffs

Oh I was just discussing not signaling you out. Sorry

Reply/Quote
Make It Stop
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Oh I was just discussing not signaling you out. Sorry

No worries, now if we lose this week, the lost season is in play
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Right now no statue for Zac or Joe B. We are looking at 1 winning season out of 3 years and 1 playoff appearance, Marvin and Dalton were 3 for 3 gor playoffs but no statues either since no playoff wins

Maybe a bobble head....  but no Statue
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 09:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Maybe a bobble head....  but no Statue

Sadly, the only Zac(k) Taylor bobblehead currently in existence is of the 12th president.  But I'd argue that's close enough.

[Image: 71O6IjFMcjL._AC_SY450_.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Maybe at Chuckee Cheese
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 09:46 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Maybe at Chuckee Cheese

Have you seen the new "Whack a Zac" game, at Dave&Busters?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 06:16 PM)motoarch Wrote: This team won in spite of Taylor, not because of him.

No, they didn't. Sure, his playcalling leaves something to be desired, but it is impossible for a team to win in spite of their head coach. It just doesn't happen. Taylor put the team together. Taylor hired the coaching staff. Taylor designed the offense. Even if every good play on the field is the result of Burrow audibling out of the play call, who put the playbook together? Who set up the audibles? 

This isn't the NBA where one player can just take over the game, ignore the coach and/or teammates and ball hog his way to a victory. 

People need to stop letting their hatred for Zac override their common sense and recognize that football is too complex for players to win in spite of their coaching staff. Zac has his issues and deserves his fair share of criticism, but he still deserves SOME credit for coaching the Bengals to a Super Bowl appearance. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they didn't. Sure, his playcalling leaves something to be desired, but it is impossible for a team to win in spite of their head coach. It just doesn't happen. Taylor put the team together. Taylor hired the coaching staff. Taylor designed the offense. Even if every good play on the field is the result of Burrow audibling out of the play call, who put the playbook together? Who set up the audibles? 

This isn't the NBA where one player can just take over the game, ignore the coach and/or teammates and ball hog his way to a victory. 

People need to stop letting their hatred for Zac override their common sense and recognize that football is too complex for players to win in spite of their coaching staff. Zac has his issues and deserves his fair share of criticism, but he still deserves SOME credit for coaching the Bengals to a Super Bowl appearance. 

If Zac wasn’t a leader or good coach you’d see coaches leaving, players leaving, and so many coaches wouldn’t be wanting to come here. Looks to me like the McVay tree has been pretty successful so McVay can pick them.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Have you seen the new "Whack a Zac" game, at Dave&Busters?  Ninja

Yeah...it's pretty bad but you have to admit it was long overdue for that place to replace the out of order "Bop-A-Marv" game they had sitting in that spot for damn near 20 years.
Reply/Quote