Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE
(12-22-2019, 08:19 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I think I need to compile a list of you guys.... make fun of you next year.  About the only enjoyment I will get next season.

Go for it.

I compiled a list of everyone that said 2015 wasn't an outlier and I've enjoyed their comments ever since. Probably even made fun of them a time or 2
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Go for it.

I compiled a list of everyone that said 2015 wasn't an outlier and I've enjoyed their comments ever since. Probably even made fun of them a time or 2

Lol yea but you are so sarcastic we just ignore you most of the time Bfine.

I will wait for your dreaded mock though...Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:19 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I think I need to compile a list of you guys.... make fun of you next year.  About the only enjoyment I will get next season.

And here I was hoping some of you would follow Dalton to his next team...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:17 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah we could get a whole new defense with that #1 pick. Watt , Dupree . Mincah?, Bell are all first round picks. 

Mincah they traded for (something this team never knows how to do right) and there was some stat about 8 straight years of taking a defensive player in round 1 for them, with the last offensive round 1 player being DeCastro. 

You have to start building the D up at some point and not just by drafting another first round CB which is where we seem to love spending early picks. Get some guys who can force a turnover or make a critical stop when needed but once again we have more holes then one draft can possibly fix. 

So, we'll end up with the QB who was a one year college wonder, and in 5 or 6 years with no playoff wins still we can do this dance all over again. 

This team just builds backwards. Compare the draft strategies versus the more successful teams and it's just pathetic to see.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: WinkQ
Mincah they traded for (something this team never knows how to do right) and there was some stat about 8 straight years of taking a defensive player in round 1 for them, with the last offensive round 1 player being DeCastro. 

You have to start building the D up at some point and not just by drafting another first round CB which is where we seem to love spending early picks. Get some guys who can force a turnover or make a critical stop when needed but once again we have more holes then one draft can possibly fix. 

So, we'll end up with the QB who was a one year college wonder, and in 5 or 6 years with no playoff wins still we can do this dance all over again. 

This team just builds backwards. Compare the draft strategies versus the more successful teams and it's just pathetic to see.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What is with the disdain for Burrow?

Some scout compared him to Dalton which is now blasted everywhere by Todd McShay
Reply/Quote
The NFL is changing fast, and you need a mobile QB that can scramble and keep drives alive. Andy is not that guy. How many balls were batted down at the line of scrimmage again? How many missed passes that were over thrown again.

How many quality wins does Andy have against good teams in his career? When they would make the playoffs they basically didn’t beat any good teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:57 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Some scout compared him to Dalton which is now blasted everywhere by Todd McShay

That ain’t it. Oswaldo loves him some Andy Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Mincah they traded for (something this team never knows how to do right) and there was some stat about 8 straight years of taking a defensive player in round 1 for them, with the last offensive round 1 player being DeCastro. 

They also had Ben Roethlisberger at QB already who has been top of the league for years...and the Steelers will likely miss the playoffs this year with great defense because of poor QB play after their HoF QB was injured early.

...just saying.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:57 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Some scout compared him to Dalton which is now blasted everywhere by Todd McShay

Yeah, I saw that, but I think McShay actually compared him to Wentz.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 09:00 PM)Synric Wrote: They also had Ben Roethlisberger at QB already who has been top of the league for years...and the Steelers will likely miss the playoffs this year with great defense because of poor QB play after their HoF QB was injured early.

...just saying.

Look at the team they had in place when they drafted piggy though. It was a damn good defense then too. It is always their formula and it works.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:17 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah we could get a whole new defense with that #1 pick. Watt , Dupree . Mincah?, Bell are all first round picks. 

Also, if you trade back in round 1 you get multiple first round picks to allow you to fix more holes.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 09:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Look at the team they had in place when they drafted piggy though. It was a damn good defense then too. It is always their formula and it works.

Heck, they made a SB with a mediocre QB (Neil O'Donnell) then 2 AFC championship games with Kordell Stewart in the the 90's.

Over his first 5 years, Ben was fairly mediocre and a game manager who handed off more often than not.

Ben's best statistical years were from 2011-2018 and he hasn't led Pittsburgh anywhere in that span.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Lol. Yeah they are a lot alike. They are both male white adults that’s probably where the comparison ends.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 09:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I saw that, but I think McShay actually compared him to Wentz.

Burrow navigates the pocket much better than Dalton and also has better footwork. Arm isn't elite, but better than average. Which is to say, better than Dalton's. This isn't me bashing Andy, but some of his weaknesses are strengths for Burrow.

Of course, we still need to fix this line because taking a bunch of sacks can mess with fundamentals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 09:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I saw that, but I think McShay actually compared him to Wentz.

I don't get the Wentz comparison
1.) Wentz is much bigger
2.) Wentz has a much better Arm
3.) Burrow is much more accurate than Wentz.

To Burrow is a much better version of Alex Smith or an athletic 2015 Dalton.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 10:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Burrow navigates the pocket much better than Dalton and also has better footwork. Arm isn't elite, but better than average. Which is to say, better than Dalton's. This isn't me bashing Andy, but some of his weaknesses are strengths for Burrow.

I’m not aiming this at you or anyone in particular but I could substitute “Finley” for “Burrow” in your quote above and sound like many on here complaining about Andy Dalton early in the season.

This is not a defense of Andy Dalton — he will find success but not in Cincinnati — so please don’t go there. Let’s do our due diligence and see what Joe Burrow does under playoff pressure before anointing him the messiah of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Reply/Quote
What is his release time like? Dalton has usually been in the top tier of the league. Need that with a garbage line.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 10:29 PM)Destro Wrote: What is his release time like? Dalton has usually been in the top tier of the league. Need that with a garbage line.

That’s a good point. I’m not sure whoever the Cincinnati Bengals’ quarterback will be in 2020 but he’s set up to fail behind the current offensive line of Lurch, Flinch, Waddle, Turnstile, and False Start.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Go for it.

You guys are full of shit.  
Reply/Quote