Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE
(12-22-2019, 08:06 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Excuses... isn't that what the Dalton haters say....

I was critical of Joe Mixon his rookie year and showed poor vision in the outside zone early this year but Mixon is a good running back.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:02 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Exactly.  We have to take Burrow now.  Which sucks.  We could have improved our OLine by taking Thomas, but now we will watch Blowing Joe in stripes.

Then people will claim we need a QB.

What is with the disdain for Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It was time to move on from Andy either way. Things have stagnated and Dalton isn't the elite QB you need to overcome Mike Brown's ineptitude. 

A fresh start is best for both sides. That said, yeah many will stick to blaming the QB no matter how many times we see this show.

It is a shame.  Why, oh why... did I have to marry a Dolphins fan.  Can't even cheer for the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:08 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Give it time.  A few sacks... INTs and bad passes.  He will be Blowing Joe Burrow.  Unless he really flames out.

Nah that's unimaginative Blwoing Burrow? Joe Schmoe would stick better and even that sucks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:09 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: It is a shame.  Why, oh why... did I have to marry a Dolphins fan.  Can't even cheer for the Patriots.

It could be worse. You could've married a Lions fan. Nervous
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What is with the disdain for Burrow?

I think this is Daltons wifes fake account. Only reason I can see.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What is with the disdain for Burrow?

Simple... we take Burrow.  Don't fix the line (no matter what people think) and Burrow will have the same success that Dalton has had the past 2 years.  So he will get the name of Blowing Joe.

I am just getting a head start on hating him is all.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: As much as I hate, and I mean hate pissburgh, having TWatt Jr and Bud Dupree has certainly made their defense good enough to carry an offense lead by an un-drafted FA QB.

It isn't about one prospect, that is what everyone is missing on this Burrow hype crap. Is he good, probably, but no one knows if he'll flame out or be great. What you are counting on is that the guy can come in and that the coaches can use him to maximize his ability and that the team surrounds him with the right players. With where this team is at currently, I'd rather take the safe route then the go for broke hopefully sexy pick. 

Yeah we could get a whole new defense with that #1 pick. Watt , Dupree . Mincah?, Bell are all first round picks. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It could be worse. You could've married a Lions fan. Nervous

but then I could still cheer for the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:12 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I think this is Daltons wifes fake account.  Only reason I can see.

I think I need to compile a list of you guys.... make fun of you next year.  About the only enjoyment I will get next season.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Nah that's unimaginative Blwoing Burrow? Joe Schmoe would stick better and even that sucks.

It is a play on "blowing for Burrow".  I could say Bungling Joe if that makes you feel better.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:17 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Simple... we take Burrow.  Don't fix the line (no matter what people think) and Burrow will have the same success that Dalton has had the past 2 years.  So he will get the name of Blowing Joe.

We will not have the same line next year guaranteed. There is no way you can state that Burrow will be in the same boat Dalton is in because you don't  know whether he will adjust to the NFL or be a bust. I know you are a Dalton Gang Member but todays game should be proof Andy is good enough to lose, no more no less.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:17 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Simple... we take Burrow.  Don't fix the line (no matter what people think) and Burrow will have the same success that Dalton has had the past 2 years.  So he will get the name of Blowing Joe.

Okey dokey then.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:09 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: It is a shame.  Why, oh why... did I have to marry a Dolphins fan.  Can't even cheer for the Patriots.

(12-22-2019, 08:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It could be worse. You could've married a Lions fan. Nervous

Try marrying a woman who cares not a whit for football, period.  Yeah, she's went to a few games with me when a buddy or family member canceled at the last moment, but she did so with all the enthusiasm one can muster for a trip to Walgreens.  And, every game I watch at home, without guests present of course, I watch alone.  

I mean, if she hated football and complained about me spending so much time at games and watching on tv, then yeah, that would be worse.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
OswaldsLegacy working overtime to get that stupid nickname to stick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
It’s simple u take chase young(the only elite top end grade in this class) and the. Get Jordan love if he falls to rd2.
Reply/Quote
For all of you who are giving each other high fives for the opportunity to draft Joe Burrows, I tell you he will end up another David Klingler unless this offensive line is drastically upgraded. Given how Mike Brown under estimated the importance of Zeitler and Whitworth by letting them walk I highly doubt he has learned his lesson. This team will not be any better unless the line is taken care of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:39 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: For all of you who are giving each other high fives for the opportunity to draft Joe Burrows, I tell you he will end up another David Klingler unless this offensive line is drastically upgraded.  Given how Mike Brown under estimated the importance of Zeitler and Whitworth by letting them walk I highly doubt he has learned his lesson.  This team will not be any better unless the line is taken care of.  

Burrow.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:52 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I will rely on the same scapegoat as usual:  Mike Brown and his brain-dead spawn.

This is absolute truth. Players and coaches have changed since the 90's and only one thing remains. The asshat in charge, it isn't Dalton, Palmer, Lewis, Taylor, Burfict,  this coach, that coach, this player or that player (it might be Bobby Hart, dude flat out sucks) it is completely on the shoulders of the only constant thing for 30 years of playoff failures.... Mike Brown. 

As long as he still wastes oxygen, this team is screwed. 

(12-22-2019, 08:05 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Mixon, despite his shady past, is actually a pretty good RB.  Playing behind this garbage o-line and Zac’s Tecmo Bowl offense hasn’t helped.

Mixon is one of the few players that seems to give it 100% no matter the score. Dude was sick today and could have mailed it in, but went out and played and is damn close to another 1000 yard season.

(12-22-2019, 08:12 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I think this is Daltons wifes fake account.  Only reason I can see.

Can we trade Andy and keep his wife? Asking for a friend...  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We will not have the same line next year guaranteed. There is no way you can state that Burrow will be in the same boat Dalton is in because you don't  know whether he will adjust to the NFL or be a bust. I know you are a Dalton Gang Member but todays game should be proof Andy is good enough to lose, no more no less.

I don’t understand your logic. Andy played lights out today when he had time. So Andy didn’t cover the guy in the middle on the play to win it for Miami? I can’t wait four years from now and there will be people like you wanting Burrows gone after throwing a pick six. There are many issues with this team in addition to QB.

Reply/Quote