Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE
(12-22-2019, 07:52 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I will rely on the same scapegoat as usual:  Mike Brown and his brain-dead spawn.

Well that is fine for only so long... but as everyone is apt to point out, MB and his spawn aren't on the field.

Think about this for a second though.  Despite the worst owner in sports history, Dalton has had success here and people still think Dalton is the problem.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:48 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I mean, due to blaming this season on Dalton.

We lead the league in dropped passes.  There isn't a single QB that will magically make WRs catch passes.

No OLine... Run game and a terrible defense.  Then a few games that we could have won, we had Dalton benched, so chalk it up to very bad coaching decisions.

Hate Dalton all you want, but Dalton will be gone next year and then you will have to find another scapegoat for our poor play this year.

I am just getting a head start and blaming Burrow for being Blowing Joe.

Yep, last year it was Marvin Lewis needs to go. We can see how that worked out.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:13 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: This time next year demanding a QB since Joe will blow.

Joe "Blows" Burrow will be a thing around here.

And...the Dalton fanboys come out of the woodwork lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to this we're 14th:
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

Must have been an earlier frame that I am recalling then.  I know at one point this year we led the league.  That may have changed though.  Still a lot of dropped passes.

Do you think those dropped passes are caught magically though?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And...the Dalton fanboys come out of the woodwork lol

At least I am not a Mixon fan boy.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:48 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I mean, due to blaming this season on Dalton.

We lead the league in dropped passes.  There isn't a single QB that will magically make WRs catch passes.

No OLine... Run game and a terrible defense.  Then a few games that we could have won, we had Dalton benched, so chalk it up to very bad coaching decisions.

Hate Dalton all you want, but Dalton will be gone next year and then you will have to find another scapegoat for our poor play this year.

I am just getting a head start and blaming Burrow for being Blowing Joe.

Burrow is definitely the correct pick and I'm glad we're (likely) getting him, but you're right. This team has a laundry list of issues, and some just have tunnel vision on the QB. If we don't correct many of the problems, Burrow will be just as hated by the same people who blamed Dalton and Palmer. Some never learn I guess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ooooooh boi. They had me WORRIED for a minute there!

Dalton REALLY wanted to **** us over.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:55 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Yep, last year it was Marvin Lewis needs to go. We can see how that worked out.

Oh yeah.  Of course the "Burrows is our savior" folks like Nicoma will not admit how wrong his is.  Just like he still thinks Mixon is a good RB.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:58 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: At least I am not a Mixon fan boy.

Yeah, how silly of me to like the best player on our team lol

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Burrow is definitely the correct pick and I'm glad we're (likely) getting him, but you're right. This team has a laundry list of issues, and some just have tunnel vision on the QB. If we don't correct many of the problems, Burrow will be just as hated by the same people who blamed Dalton and Palmer. Some never learn I guess.

Exactly.  We have to take Burrow now.  Which sucks.  We could have improved our OLine by taking Thomas, but now we will watch Blowing Joe in stripes.

Then people will claim we need a QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, how silly of me to like the best player on our team lol

What did he do today?  The same as the rest of the season.  NOTHING. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:54 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Well that is fine for only so long... but as everyone is apt to point out, MB and his spawn aren't on the field.

Think about this for a second though.  Despite the worst owner in sports history, Dalton has had success here and people still think Dalton is the problem.

Andy is partially the problem. His entire career has been meh. Not terrible, but not upper tier. The team has not lacked for weapons during most of Andy’s tenure. His Playoff performances are cringe-worthy.

Marvin also deserves some of the blame. While he overcame Mike Brown’s historic ineptitude to have several good seasons, going 0-7 in the Playoffs and getting stomped by the Steelers turned Marvin into John Cooper.

Mostly though, it’s Mike and his pathetically cheap ways. If the team was a race car it’s akin to Mike sabotaging 5th and 6th gear or only filling the fuel part way. Mike has never ran the team to maximize Super Bowl contending opportunities. He’s the Donald Sterling or James Dolan of the NFL.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:02 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Exactly.  We have to take Burrow now.  Which sucks.  We could have improved our OLine by taking Thomas, but now we will watch Blowing Joe in stripes.

Blowing Burrow will never stick even if hes as bad a Faker Mayfield.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:00 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Oh yeah.  Of course the "Burrows is our savior" folks like Nicoma will not admit how wrong his is.  Just like he still thinks Mixon is a good RB.

Mixon, despite his shady past, is actually a pretty good RB. Playing behind this garbage o-line and Zac’s Tecmo Bowl offense hasn’t helped.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But he’s a 5th alternate at the Pro Bowl! Isn’t that the kind of shit clowns like you have used to prop up our mediocre QB for years?

Remember when Dalton was named to the Pro Bowl?

Means nothing... claiming that Mixon is the best player on this team is like claiming that he is the best archer among blind men.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:03 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: What did he do today?  The same as the rest of the season.  NOTHING. 

I guess being sick doesn’t count as a real excuse. It’s hard to keep track of all the ones you guys use for Andy. I forget which ones are allowed.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:05 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Mixon, despite his shady past, is actually a pretty good RB.  Playing behind this garbage o-line and Zac’s Tecmo Bowl offense hasn’t helped.

Excuses... isn't that what the Dalton haters say....
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess being sick doesn’t count as a real excuse. It’s hard to keep track of all the ones you guys use for Andy. I forget which ones are allowed.

Same for us when figuring out how you excuse Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:02 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Exactly.  We have to take Burrow now.  Which sucks.  We could have improved our OLine by taking Thomas, but now we will watch Blowing Joe in stripes.

It was time to move on from Andy either way. Things have stagnated and Dalton isn't the elite QB you need to overcome Mike Brown's ineptitude. 

A fresh start is best for both sides. That said, yeah many will stick to blaming the QB no matter how many times we see this show.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Blowing Burrow will never stick even if hes as bad a Faker Mayfield.

Give it time.  A few sacks... INTs and bad passes.  He will be Blowing Joe Burrow.  Unless he really flames out.
Reply/Quote