Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE
(12-22-2019, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure how many CFL games we'll get to see. 

I have a feeling he'll be starting somewhere.

Jacksonville is certainly a possibility, as is San Diego if Sloth retires. Even though Tampa is saying they'll stick with Winston, I could see him down there as well, and with Arians I'd be curious to see what happens. Would good coaching, a good scheme, and a better front office make him a better player? 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:16 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Except Young will almost certainly be in this years draft and could still be the Bengals pick.

Yeah he was stellar against Wisconsin and Michigan. Doubtful he’ll have much of an effect against NFL caliber lineman. Definitely not game changing. Hell a couple seasons we had the best or 2nd best DT in the league and we all saw how it really not game effecting it really was. A great QB will have way more of an effect on the offense than a great DE will have on a defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:11 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Ideally, the Bengals get Burrow this year and Young next year.

Yessir...but I think the Bengals will be a much better team next year....unless they draft a kicker with the first pick.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:11 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Ideally, the Bengals get Burrow this year and Young next year.
Ideally the Bengals are picking 32nd next year 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:16 PM)Synric Wrote: They were Fire Zones. They were bringing inside rushers but dropping "linebackers". 

The announcers specifically noted that they were playing tight man when they actually were having success and that as soon as they reverted to soft zone it fell apart. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What will be really interesting is to see how Dalton looks next year playing somewhere else.

(12-22-2019, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure how many CFL games we'll get to see. 

Some possible places for Dalton.

Tampa
Indy
Denver
possible but highly unlikely Jacksonville.

Now the one place that I think Dalton has a great shot at going but, around here it is laughed at is NE.  Brady is getting older and they don't have anyone at QB behind him that could take the reigns if he decides to stop after this year.

Of course the Patriots may decide to grab another 6th round pick and turn that guy into a HOF QB, but as a stop gap Dalton could be a target for them.
Reply/Quote
I got a free sympathy beer from a Chiefs fan at Bdubs for sitting there wearing a Bengals cap until the end
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:26 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yeah he was stellar against Wisconsin and Michigan.  Doubtful he’ll have much of an effect against NFL caliber lineman.  Definitely not game changing.  Hell a couple seasons we had the best or 2nd best DT in the league and we all saw how it really not game effecting it really was.  A great QB will have way more of an effect on the offense than a great DE will have on a defense.

As much as I hate, and I mean hate pissburgh, having TWatt Jr and Bud Dupree has certainly made their defense good enough to carry an offense lead by an un-drafted FA QB.

It isn't about one prospect, that is what everyone is missing on this Burrow hype crap. Is he good, probably, but no one knows if he'll flame out or be great. What you are counting on is that the guy can come in and that the coaches can use him to maximize his ability and that the team surrounds him with the right players. With where this team is at currently, I'd rather take the safe route then the go for broke hopefully sexy pick. 

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ideally the Bengals are picking 32nd next year 

Ideally, but not realistically.  We will blow next year too if we take Burrow, but at this point we have to take Burrow due to the way we handled Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: The announcers specifically noted that they were playing tight man when they actually were having success and that as soon as they reverted to soft zone it fell apart. 

Didnt say they werent zone coverage. Fire zones brings an ILB while dropping an OLB in an odd front. Just pointing out they were bringing pressure from different areas on their side of the 40. Fire Zones have been a favorite of Lou since they got Carl Lawson back from injury.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:26 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yeah he was stellar against Wisconsin and Michigan.  Doubtful he’ll have much of an effect against NFL caliber lineman.  Definitely not game changing.  Hell a couple seasons we had the best or 2nd best DT in the league and we all saw how it really not game effecting it really was.  A great QB will have way more of an effect on the offense than a great DE will have on a defense.

The sad part is that many on here think Burrow will be that "great" QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:31 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Some possible places for Dalton.

Tampa
Indy
Denver
possible but highly unlikely Jacksonville.

Now the one place that I think Dalton has a great shot at going but, around here it is laughed at is NE.  Brady is getting older and they don't have anyone at QB behind him that could take the reigns if he decides to stop after this year.

Of course the Patriots may decide to grab another 6th round pick and turn that guy into a HOF QB, but as a stop gap Dalton could be a target for them.

Watch piggy retire in pitt and Dalton go there....

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Watch piggy retire in pitt and Dalton go there....

That would be hilarious if I wasn't a Bengal fan.  Imagine if he wins a SB there.... again, if I wasn't a Bengals fan I would be laughing, but being one makes me cry at the possibility of it.

Of course some fans can say that at least they tried.
Reply/Quote

Im quite fond of the CFL but my team doesn't need a QB. Dalton to the Argonauts, maybe.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:32 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Ideally, but not realistically.  We will blow next year too if we take Burrow, but at this point we have to take Burrow due to the way we handled Dalton.

You mean due to Dalton sucking balls.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:27 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Yessir...but I think the Bengals will be a much better team next year....unless they draft a kicker with the first pick.
GO STRIPES!!!

Weren't we supposed to be much better this year?
Reply/Quote
scored 16 points in 30 seconds and still lost.

welcome to hell Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:43 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: You mean due to Dalton sucking balls.

I mean, due to blaming this season on Dalton.

We lead the league in dropped passes.  There isn't a single QB that will magically make WRs catch passes.

No OLine... Run game and a terrible defense.  Then a few games that we could have won, we had Dalton benched, so chalk it up to very bad coaching decisions.

Hate Dalton all you want, but Dalton will be gone next year and then you will have to find another scapegoat for our poor play this year.

I am just getting a head start and blaming Burrow for being Blowing Joe.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:48 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I mean, due to blaming this season on Dalton.

We lead the league in dropped passes.  There isn't a single QB that will magically make WRs catch passes.

No OLine... Run game and a terrible defense.  Then a few games that we could have won, we had Dalton benched, so chalk it up to very bad coaching decisions.

Hate Dalton all you want, but Dalton will be gone next year and then you will have to find another scapegoat for our poor play this year.

I will rely on the same scapegoat as usual: Mike Brown and his brain-dead spawn.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:48 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I mean, due to blaming this season on Dalton.

According to this we're 14th:
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote