Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BW Webb-cut
A cap move. Webb, spent most of last season playing with a cast on a broken arm. He missed out on at least 2 interceptions because of it. A possible re-signing with a new contract down the road

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If Webb makes an NFL roster next year it will be his seventh team in seven seasons. I wonder if that is some kind of record.  A lot of guys bounce around from team to team, but those type of guys usually don't last 7 years in the league.
Reply/Quote
Thank god , another good move by the team.
Reply/Quote
As I said yesterday, doesn't mean Dre is gone.

Doesn't mean he isn't, but doesn't mean he's gone; Webb leaving adds a bit of oomph to that notion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Solid move. The 'ole addition by subtraction thing.
Reply/Quote
Thank good. Webb n Dre out there was bad for business. Still waiting on Dre to be Cut.
Reply/Quote
Excellent move!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:59 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I said yesterday, doesn't mean Dre is gone.

Doesn't mean he isn't, but doesn't mean he's gone; Webb leaving adds a bit of oomph to that notion.

This.

I think it depends on what happens in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Makes sense to keep Dre over Webb for now. That keeps the best players on the roster. Dre could still be cut or traded down the road.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:59 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I said yesterday, doesn't mean Dre is gone.

If our CB group was WJIII, Waynes, Phillips with Dre as the 4th corner, I honestly wouldn't hate that. It would be expensive as hell and you're not getting a ton of value out of Dre there, but he still has some good play in him and he protects you from injuries as a guy who may not be ideal as a starter on the outside but is capable of starting on the outside.

Especially since we ran a 4-2-5 base defense for a good portion of the year in 2019, having 4 good corners is a good idea, generally speaking.

I'd prefer we cut Dre because that leaves us a little more room to sign a LB or guard (if there are even any left), knowing we could replace him in the 3rd or 4th round with a low cost rookie with some upside but if they choose to keep him, Waynes over Webb is a massive upgrade to our top 4 corners, it just would be at a premium cost. And if it allows us to go even heavier on offense in the draft because we no longer need a day 2 cornerback, then that's a nice little development as well.
Reply/Quote
I don't think this means anything for Dre as Webb was a slot corner, this actually makes me think we are still looking for a slot corner in free agency. I also don't think it precludes us from bringing him back eventually if we don't sign a better option.
Reply/Quote
Keep cutting every Non tackling cornerback.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:48 AM)pally Wrote: A cap move.  Webb, spent most of last season playing with a cast on a broken arm.  He missed out on at least 2 interceptions because of it.  A possible re-signing with a new contract down the road

MB has been accused accurately of being too loyal honoring  contracts. I am glad to see he is still being loyal to those who have performed well, but guys like Glenn and Webb did not and were cut.

Nice job FO thus far in 2020 off season.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:16 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Keep cutting every Non tackling cornerback.

There went the entire defense....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:07 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If our CB group was WJIII, Waynes, Phillips with Dre as the 4th corner, I honestly wouldn't hate that. It would be expensive as hell and you're not getting a ton of value out of Dre there, but he still has some good play in him and he protects you from injuries as a guy who may not be ideal as a starter on the outside but is capable of starting on the outside.

Especially since we ran a 4-2-5 base defense for a good portion of the year in 2019, having 4 good corners is a good idea, generally speaking.

I'd prefer we cut Dre because that leaves us a little more room to sign a LB or guard (if there are even any left), knowing we could replace him in the 3rd or 4th round with a low cost rookie with some upside but if they choose to keep him, Waynes over Webb is a massive upgrade to our top 4 corners, it just would be at a premium cost. And if it allows us to go even heavier on offense in the draft because we no longer need a day 2 cornerback, then that's a nice little development as well.

I'm hoping we're going to hear any minute AD traded to ___________ for a 4th round pick, can I hear a 3rd ?

(03-18-2020, 11:28 AM)jason Wrote: There went the entire defense....

I'm pretty sure I could get past Dre on a sweep outside.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: MB has been accused accurately of being too loyal honoring  contracts. I am glad to see he is still being loyal to those who have performed well, but guys like Glenn and Webb did not and were cut.

Nice job FO thus far in 2020 off season.

Gotta cut ties with Dre (the milkman) K. Dude is quickly becoming a liability instead of an asset. He's a broken drama king.

Reply/Quote
Still think the team needs another good LB + a drafted lb early with resigning nick vigil.

We really need a good Andy Dalton trade.
Reply/Quote
Maybe bringing in Waynes will push Dre to really work
A bit harder, develop a sense of urgency.
Let's face it signing Webb last year Dre wasn't exactly fearing
For his job.
Goes for WJ 3 too. Opening day starting Cbs could be Phillips
and Waynes.
WJ 3 isn't a lock down CB by any means
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping we're going to hear any minute AD traded to ___________ for a 4th round pick, can I hear a 3rd ?

I'm pretty sure I could get past Dre on a sweep outside.

That dude's faster than he looks though... He'd get your ankle til Carlos finished you off.

Then he'd get up and celebrate.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:43 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Maybe bringing in Waynes will push Dre to really work
A bit harder, develop a sense of urgency.
Let's face it signing Webb last year Dre wasn't exactly fearing
For his job.
Goes for WJ 3 too. Opening day starting Cbs could be Phillips
and Waynes.
WJ 3 isn't a lock down CB by any means

I like Phillips too, but how many snaps has he played?

I think we've fallen in love with a couple interceptions.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote