Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Babe Didrikson
(06-09-2016, 10:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is also no debating the fact that Babe Didrikson beat many men in PGA events which means she was probably a better golfer than over 99% of the male population.

If Lucie had been her father he would have held her back from attempting anything like that.

Do you even know what it took to raise her to greatness?   Or do you just think it happened?   

This reminds me of something barry sanders said about his son, he said he was an elite talented football player but he was never able to be the type of father to get the most out of that talent.. He couldn't do what his father did to him.  I am probably the same way.  
The shame of all this is that babe and her husband were never able to have children.
i guess she wasnt a true woman then
People suck
(06-08-2016, 01:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: ...sigh...

I made the thread because I found it amusing that you used Babe as an example of how women would get run out of women's sports by transgenders while she was an example of a woman who COULD compete with (and defeat) men.

Also she is an example of one of those "improper" women you've gone on about in other threads.

The teaching moment came when I provided examples of great female athletes who lived in the last 60+ years.

Do try and keep up.

Lucy was never against a WOMAN competing against MEN, only a MAN competing against WOMEN.

You guys really do try hard to twist what he says.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-09-2016, 04:51 PM)Griever Wrote: i guess she wasnt a true woman then

At least she knew she was a woman....
(06-10-2016, 01:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: At least she knew she was a woman....

we just go off of what lucy has posted a real woman being, and per lucie and the way babe looks, he wouldn't consider her a woman and would question her if she went to use the womens room
People suck
(06-09-2016, 11:19 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: You don't think he'd understand that she was an anomaly ?

He would never know because he would never give her the chance.
(06-09-2016, 04:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The shame of all this is that babe and her husband were never able to have children.

Probably because she was either an lesbian or because her hormones were all screwed up from all those sports.

Her parents should have stopped her.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-11-2016, 08:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Probably because she was either an lesbian or because her hormones were all screwed up from all those sports.

Her parents should have stopped her.

She was happily married to her husband.   Explain how that makes her a lesbian?  

If you read my post earlier you would see what I think why we wouldn't have a Babe Didrikson Today.  
(06-11-2016, 10:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She was happily married to her husband.   Explain how that makes her a lesbian?  

If you read my post earlier you would see what I think why we wouldn't have a Babe Didrikson Today.  

If you read the first post (the one you responded that you knew all about her to):

Quote:Babe didn't seem to have much interest in men until she was swept off her feet when she was paired with George Zaharis at the 1938 Los Angeles Open. Zaharis was a gregarious man, a 235-pound wrestler who as a stock villain was making a fortune as the Weeping Greek from Cripple Creek. They married 11 months later and Babe would change her name to Babe Didrikson Zaharias.

He would become her manager and advisor, but in the later years of their marriage, problems arose as Zaharias lost influence with his wife. Babe spent more time with good friend Betty Dodd, a young golfer who was a natural athlete and had no interest in looking feminine. She often stayed at the Zaharis' home in Tampa.

But I bet no gay person ever got married to hide their sexuality, huh?  Especially in the 30's!

Hilarious
(06-08-2016, 02:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I thought you knew everything about her?

[Image: didrikson2.jpg]

[Image: babe-didrikson-zaharias-3.jpg]
Is that an adams apple?

[Image: babe-didrikson-zaharias-2.jpg]

[Image: babe-didrikson-zaharias-4.jpg]

There's no way that chick was born a chick...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-11-2016, 10:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's no way that chick was born a chick...

Could've been.  Probably was a lesbian and had a hormonal problem that clearly her parents allowed just so she could compete at sports.
(06-11-2016, 10:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Could've been.  Probably was a lesbian and had a hormonal problem that clearly her parents allowed just so she could compete at sports.

Convenient...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-11-2016, 10:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you read the first post (the one you responded that you knew all about her to):

But I bet no gay person ever got married to hide their sexuality, huh?  Especially in the 30's!

Hilarious

So despite the fact that she and george tried desperately to have children...   Was the owners and managers of the golf course that they lived on in Tampa....  Had another pro golfer stay with them that happened to be friends.     

Yeah that's definetly a lesbian scenario. Lol.  Couldn't be that they were the owners of a pro level course that lived there and you know ..... She was the greatest female athlete of all time lol.    

Your answer is lesbians lol.   No one knows for sure but there is a lot of coincidence.   She and george were very close.   You should read her biography.   
(06-12-2016, 01:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So despite the fact that she and george tried desperately to have children...   Was the owners and managers of the golf course that they lived on in Tampa....  Had another pro golfer stay with them that happened to be friends.     

Yeah that's definetly a lesbian scenario. Lol.  Couldn't be that they were the owners of a pro level course that lived there and you know ..... She was the greatest female athlete of all time lol.    

Your answer is lesbians lol.   No one knows for sure but there is a lot of coincidence.   She and george were very close.   You should read her biography.   

I'm sure they were close...I'm also sure she was more like a lesbian than you want to admit because you admire her athletic prowess.

Like my friend's mom who refused to admit Liberace was gay.

He was too "nice" to be gay.

Hilarious
(06-12-2016, 10:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure they were close...I'm also sure she was more like a lesbian than you want to admit because you admire her athletic prowess.

Like my friend's mom who refused to admit Liberace was gay.

He was too "nice" to be gay.

Hilarious

Read her biography.   
(06-11-2016, 10:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: But I bet no gay person ever got married to hide their sexuality, huh?  Especially in the 30's!

Hilarious

Not even Lucie is that dumb. 

He is in troll mode again
Isn't jumping to conclusions from a picture and the fact that she had a very close friend similar to jumping to conclusions about a Muslim carrying a backpack ?
(06-13-2016, 11:57 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Isn't jumping to conclusions from a picture and the fact that she had a very close friend similar to jumping to conclusions about a Muslim carrying a backpack  ?

No one has jumped to a conclusion.  We have offered other possibilities.  Ones that go against what Lucy "knows".

And that go against what has been said about "proper" women and how a woman "should" look appearance wise.
(06-13-2016, 12:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: No one has jumped to a conclusion.  We have offered other possibilities.  Ones that go against what Lucy "knows".

And that go against what has been said about "proper" women and how a woman "should" look appearance wise.

I understand your attempt at a teaching moment, but do you understand where I'm coming from ?
If someone (who knew little of you)viewed your post, they could very well accuse you of being as insensitive as many claim Lucie to be.
Maybe I am too sensitive ?