Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back To Bengals Games Only
(10-10-2017, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  They are kneeling for one reason and that reason is to not respect the flag and the Nation for which it stands. 

(10-10-2017, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Kaep started the movement and he did it for one reason. To draw attention to his cause by choosing not to respect to the Flag 

Hilarious

That's the end of that. I vote for thread lock.
(10-10-2017, 12:32 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hilarious

That's the end of that. I vote for thread lock.

Not sure what it's the end of, the need for the smiley guy, or the desire for a thread lock; but I'm sure you'll explain it to your foreign born coworkers that cannot figure it out. 

My point has remained unchanged. Folks are not standing for the Anthem to show their lack of respect (disrespect). It's not that hard to figure out. Do they mean to disrespect the Military folks that have sacrificed so much for this country? No. Are they disrespecting the very symbol for which they fight? Yes. 

There is no other reason that they choose not to stand during the National Anthem. Hell I'm sure even a couple of your foreign born coworkers can figure that out without your explanation. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2017, 12:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Dokey, but also in your limited experience with foreigners do they understand that standing and rendering honors while their Nation's anthem is showing respect and choosing not to do so is a sign of not giving respect (aka disrespect)?  

I can't say, because the fact that we have a segment of the population and our president calling for negative consequences for people who don't stand during our anthem is a huge confounding variable when it comes to determining why people would stand or not stand in this country.  

We've taken a very specific aspect of patriotism and made it into the current gold-standard for patriotism in this country.  I never thought about not standing for the anthem, but I have to admit that I'm going to keep standing but I'm now looking around while the thing is playing and wondering how many people would make a point to ruin my life if I didn't.  It's very interesting, really.  Actually, I look right at the flag.  It's best not to deviate from the protocol at the moment.

I know I'm a bit biased because I was sent to a Catholic school as a kid and I was given the choice to pray and sing in church or explain to my parents why I had an F on my report card. Some of my classmates felt the lord enter their bodies on a daily basis...I didn't. Those lucky stiffs.

So in summation, when I watch soccer and I see the Europeans linking arms and singing their anthems with glee and gusto I assume they are doing so because they view patriotism as a means to unite where we seem to keep using it as an excuse to accuse each other of treason. 

Again, I'm approaching this as a marketing guy.
(10-10-2017, 12:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't say, because the fact that we have a segment of the population and our president calling for negative consequences for people who don't stand during our anthem is a huge confounding variable when it comes to determining why people would stand or not stand in this country.  

We've taken a very specific aspect of patriotism and made it into the current gold-standard for patriotism in this country.  I never thought about not standing for the anthem, but I have to admit that I'm going to keep standing but I'm now looking around while the thing is playing and wondering how many people would make a point to ruin my life if I didn't.  It's very interesting, really.  Actually, I look right at the flag.  It's best not to deviate from the protocol at the moment.

I know I'm a bit biased because I was sent to a Catholic school as a kid and I was given the choice to pray and sing in church or explain to my parents why I had an F on my report card.  Some of my classmates felt the lord enter their bodies on a daily basis...I didn't.  Those lucky stiffs.

So in summation, when I watch soccer and I see the Europeans linking arms and singing their anthems with glee and gusto I assume they are doing so because they view patriotism as a means to unite where we seem to keep using it as an excuse to accuse each other of treason. 

Again, I'm approaching this as a marketing guy.
So you don't know if they view not standing when their Nation's Anthem is played is failing to show respect? 

Or is the answer Trump.

(10-10-2017, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you don't know if they view not standing when their Nation's Anthem is played is failing to show respect? 

Again, this isn't taking into account the differences in how various cultures implement or show their versions of patriotism.  My posts were meant to show how the foreigners I know/knew viewed the American version of patriotism...not the specific act of standing during the Anthem.

(10-10-2017, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Or is the answer Trump.

Ehh, sure the answer is Trump.  That seems simple enough.
Ironically enough, I watched Portugal play Switzerland in World Cup Qualifying. You'll never guess what every Portuguese player and fan was doing when "A Portuguesa" was played.

(10-10-2017, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ironically enough, I watched Portugal play Switzerland in World Cup Qualifying. You'll never guess what every Portuguese player and fan was doing when "A Portuguesa" was played.

Standing up because they love their country and/or don't want to become a target for a mob who wish to force their specific form of cost-of-entry "patriotism" upon them, I'd imagine.
If you are too damn dense to understand what they are protesting then you are too damn dense to have an opinion on it. Just go back to your bubble filled white subborbon life and leave the discussion for people who can think past their faux patriotism.
(10-10-2017, 08:41 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: If you are too damn dense to understand what they are protesting then you are too damn dense to have an opinion on it.  Just go back to your bubble filled white subborbon life and leave the discussion for people who can think past their faux patriotism.

Just point and laugh then move on, lol.
(10-10-2017, 08:41 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: If you are too damn dense to understand what they are protesting then you are too damn dense to have an opinion on it.  Just go back to your bubble filled white subborbon life and leave the discussion for people who can think past their faux patriotism.

(10-10-2017, 09:33 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Just point and laugh then move on, lol.

I know I did

(10-10-2017, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know I did

The truth hurts
(10-10-2017, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know I did

Oh poor you poor poor thing. You have to watch black men kneel for a min . ...oh the horror!!!!!
(10-10-2017, 11:12 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Oh poor you poor poor thing. You have to watch black men kneel for a min . ...oh the horror!!!!!

Just look at what you just wrote 

(10-10-2017, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just look at what you just wrote 

What u mean? U actually catch the apocalypse now quote??? 

Anyway,  on a more serious note..

What do you want then?  how would you like them to protest? What do you want them to do? Just fall in line like good ole black sheep so you don't get so "offended" because your 2 min of fake ass patriotism gets interrupted? 

I hate to be the one to tell you all this but.... IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. These guys are putting millions of dollars on the line to protest something that is very real in the black community and not a single one of you will acknowledge the real reason, or take the time to even listen. All you want to do is demonize someone because your life is interrupted for a couple mins BEFORE the damn game even starts. It's total nonsense. You are not some super American patriot because you stand for the national anthem. This neo fascist attitude going on in this country is extremely dangerous. Just stfu and try and show some compassion please. Not a single one of these protesters ever said they were protesting the military, but keep telling yourself that if it makes your ego get up in the morning.