Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
(11-27-2019, 10:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im just saying we could have benched mixon based on that game too

I don't even care about Dalton, I wish we had traded him so quit acting like I'm his biggest fan. 

Sorry I thought you were saying it was Mixon's fault that Dalton threw three consecutive passes in less than a minute to the other team. He did that BS on his own.That would be like Mixon blaming Dalton because the line didn't block on a running play.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Sorry I thought you were saying it was Mixon's fault that Dalton threw three consecutive passes in less than a minute to the other team. He did that BS on his own.That would be like Mixon blaming Dalton because the line didn't block on a running play.

I'm just saying this year is full of god awful tape on everyone.  No wonder AJ wants to stay out of the lowlight reels. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton will set two new records this week: He is only seven completed passes behind Ken Anderson and he is tied with Anderson for the most touchdown passes as a Bengal. After this week Dalton will hold both records.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Sorry I thought you were saying it was Mixon's fault that Dalton threw three consecutive passes in less than a minute to the other team. He did that BS on his own.That would be like Mixon blaming Dalton because the line didn't block on a running play.

Haha...

Or Mixon blaming Dalton for hogging the rushing TDs earlier in the year. Andy the Vulcher.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:46 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: This is from an article in October after the first Steelers loss.  
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/02/bengals-offensive-line-lost-most-matchups-of-any-single-game-pff-era/

During the 27-3 embarrassment Monday night, the Bengals were historically bad by Pro Football Focus’ grading measures, per Anthony Treash:

“In all seriousness, this was among the five worst offensive line performances we have seen in the PFF era with their offensive linemen taking home a PFF pass-block grade of 21.4, the fourth-worst in a single game since 2006…No team lost more matchups in a single game in the PFF era than the Bengals did last night, and they also gave up a franchise-record amount of pressures.”

Trey Hopkins leads the team with a 60.9 PFF score.  This is a below average rating.  A poor rating is 0-60 and ALL of our other OL fall within this range.  FFS, Price and Jordan have ratings in the 30's.  Have a look for yourself.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/teams/cincinnati-bengals/7/roster

My point is that Burrow or any other QB is not going to be able to make or extend plays with these people blocking next year.  Sure, I'd like an upgrade from Dalton, but he's a starter in this league, where our ENTIRE OL has no business starting anywhere for any team!  

We could've even won some games running the ball if these guys could just block.  We have Joe Mixon who is an amazing talent.  

Keep Dalton and trade that No. 1 pick and try to get at least 2 starting OL.  We have no chance next year if the FO doesn't address this major deficiency and change their approach to free agency.  If not, might as well just get rid of this team to someone else who gives a shit.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that the line will be different next year?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 11:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why is it so hard for people to understand that the line will be different next year?

It will and hopefully Green back. 

I say draft Chase Young and give AD one last shot to lead us back the playoffs. Either way, I think Young is a smaller risk to be a great NFL player than any QB we draft in this draft.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 08:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andy Dalton will set two new records this week: He is only seven completed passes behind Ken Anderson and he is tied with Anderson for the most touchdown passes as a Bengal.  After this week Dalton will hold both records.

In a home game where he can booed if anyone is even there, no less. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In a home game where he can booed if anyone is even there, no less. 

They're not saying "boo", they're saying... Ah who am I kidding? They're booing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In a home game where he can booed if anyone is even there, no less. 

Hey even the PBS food vendors can muster up a good ol' fashion Bengals booin'.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 09:33 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hey even the PBS food vendors can muster up a good ol' fashion Bengals booin'.

They aren't say boo they are saying get your hot doooooooogs and boooooooooeerr here!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 11:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It will and hopefully Green back. 

I say draft Chase Young and give AD one last shot to lead us back the playoffs. Either way, I think Young is a smaller risk to be a great NFL player than any QB we draft in this draft.

One last shot to lead us to the playoffs NEXT YEAR?? What on earth makes you think this team can win 9-10 games next season?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 03:20 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I believe Steinbach missed the block, willie and Levi Jones were tackles, Bobbie Williams at RG, and good old 74 at Center.

Pretty awesome group

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this is the 08 season where Palmer got the bloody nose and torn elbow issue, this was not the line.  Levi and Stacey Andrews were the tackles but were dealing with injuries.   Steinbach had already departed to Cleveland and Willie Anderson went to the Ravens.  Braham never played another down after the 2nd game in 06 due to a bone bruise (or broken leg as it was) so we had Eric Ghiachuic at center and when Levi went down due to injuries, Whitworth went to left tackle and Nate livings went to left guard.  Not a great line but I would definitely take it over the crap that is being trotted out there now.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 11:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why is it so hard for people to understand that the line will be different next year?

well we thought it would be better this year..... and look what we got.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 09:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They aren't say boo they are saying get your hot doooooooogs and boooooooooeerr here!

Both these guys found out they were saying that after thinking they were "boos".

Silly fellas.

[Image: th?id=OIP.fKwweI8nilSTv_FP9CDkSgAAAA&pid...=300&h=300][Image: th?id=OIP.dl46ljWpdipRKdsa_MK4zwAAAA&pid...=242&h=164]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 10:17 AM)spidey Wrote: If this is the 08 season where Palmer got the bloody nose and torn elbow issue, this was not the line.  Levi and Stacey Andrews were the tackles but were dealing with injuries.   Steinbach had already departed to Cleveland and Willie Anderson went to the Ravens.  Braham never played another down after the 2nd game in 06 due to a bone bruise (or broken leg as it was) so we had Eric Ghiachuic at center and when Levi went down due to injuries, Whitworth went to left tackle and Nate livings went to left guard.  Not a great line but I would definitely take it over the crap that is being trotted out there now.

I was taking about the knee injury (Steinbach missed block), i should have been more descriptive

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Both these guys found out they were saying that after thinking they were "boos".

Silly fellas.

[Image: th?id=OIP.fKwweI8nilSTv_FP9CDkSgAAAA&pid...=300&h=300][Image: th?id=OIP.dl46ljWpdipRKdsa_MK4zwAAAA&pid...=242&h=164]

That ad campaign was veeery unfortunate for Carson Palmer...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:24 PM)jason Wrote: That ad campaign was veeery unfortunate for Carson Palmer...

It's just a hot dog there, Freud.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:24 PM)jason Wrote: That ad campaign was veeery unfortunate for Carson Palmer...

and Sanchez getting caught munching one on the sidelines.

USC is the hometown for "Hot Dog Gate".

Must've been their sketchy coach who was pushing wieners on them.

Such a seedy underbelly that program has.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:21 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I was taking about the knee injury (Steinbach missed block), i should have been more descriptive

Oh.  it was the picture of Palmer with the bloody nose that threw me off.  My mistake.  Still would take either line of this one.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 10:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we thought it would be better this year..... and look what we got.

Injuries and retirements?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote