Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
(11-25-2019, 05:09 PM)ah5 Wrote: Tua off the board at 1.  Might mean they are trying to mend things with Dalton because they are going to select Young #1 overall.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

smartest thing this shit show owner could do!!!

Reply/Quote
Inmates are running the asylum
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 07:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, you know it. Also, throwing desperation passes into triple coverage late in the 4th that get picked off are EXACTLY the same as throwing pick sixes in the 1st half on out routes because you can't get the ball out there.  Smirk

How dare you add context?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 04:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Zac has been trying to win all season long, he just sucks at it.

That is the most alarming thing. Reversing like this is ending any credibility he had.  Tomlin burned him so bad. Showed him his 2nd half adjustments (by insulting him with a 3rd string QB) and Turner and Zac just ate the crow there after with a big fat scoreless 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
If Taylor and Dalton are both here next season, and HBO doesn't do Hard Knocks with them, someone is just missing out on television gold.... this is the most dysfunctional franchise in any of the major sports.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
They're going the wrong direction on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone see this as Zac putting his future ahead of the team's?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does anyone see this as Zac putting his future ahead of the team's?

Maybe — but I have a hunch Zac Taylor is under significant Front Office pressure to NOT go 0-16. Personally I think Zac is toast after the season no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:09 PM)ah5 Wrote: Tua off the board at 1.  Might mean they are trying to mend things with Dalton because they are going to select Young #1 overall.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Ugh. That's a nightmare if I've ever heard one haha. Continuing this decade of mediocre QB play (just good enough that we never really get a crack at an elite QB prospect) is just...the worst possible scenario.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does anyone see this as Zac putting his future ahead of the team's?

I can't imagine playing Finley is all that essential to turning around this franchise. 
Reply/Quote
This whole thing was kinda like one big ole I told ya so. Zac”So you don’t think things can get any worse? Hold my beer, Thinley your in” 3 weeks later, Zacs like ok where was I, oh yea ANDY get you ass back in there.
Reply/Quote
I can here it now, Zac yells from the other room “ Poppa Brown, Finley didn’t work” MB Huh? Zac “ I said Finley didn’t work like you said it would” MB We still have the red head? Just throw him back in, im paying him more than that Italian boy.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't imagine playing Finley is all that essential to turning around this franchise. 

Nah, but he obviously benched Andy because he was not the answer, now he goes back to him with the statement "I'm just trying to win a game". If Andy continues 2019 form over the next couple weeks and we remain winless what then?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

It's also possible that Mikey wants a "dead cat bounce" to push tickets for next season, as well as to justify keeping Taylor around for year 2.

Kinda hard to do that with an 0-16 team. But ultimately I don't think it's best for the team in the long haul. It hurts our chance (slightly) at the #1 pick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I am glad we have a couple game cushion for the 1st pick. The Bengals win that game yesterday with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Everyone here just wants to b***h and moan about every move they make. I get it, the season sucks and so does the franchise. That said I had no problem with them trying out Finley (a lot of you complaining now were calling for Dalton to be benched for years. Then you called for us to move on from Finley after three games which I agree with). We needed to see if he could be in serious consideration as a future starter which he showed nothing to really suggest he could be (although a small sample size, he at least isn’t ready yet and doesn’t appear to have the arm needed).

I just wish they woulda went to Dolegala a few games before going back to dalton. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a big strong armed QB and I’d love to see how our personnel look with one and if he doesn’t play well we can finish the year off with Dalton
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 08:43 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Inmates are running the asylum

You spelled buffoon wrong...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Everyone here just wants to b***h and moan about every move they make. I get it, the season sucks and so does the franchise. That said I had no problem with them trying out Finley (a lot of you complaining now were calling for Dalton to be benched for years. Then you called for us to move on from Finley after three games which I agree with). We needed to see if he could be in serious consideration as a future starter which he showed nothing to really suggest he could be (although a small sample size, he at least isn’t ready yet and doesn’t appear to have the arm needed).

I just wish they woulda went to Dolegala a few games before going back to dalton. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a big strong armed QB and I’d love to see how our personnel look with one and if he doesn’t play well we can finish the year off with Dalton

This wreaks of desperation from Taylor. He was passive aggressive snarky yesterday with his "there wouldn't be any QBs" remark. Til the players made it clear he's losing the locker room. Going to a guy with a big arm just to see isn't going to satisfy any of the players.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, but he obviously benched Andy because he was not the answer, now he goes back to him with the statement "I'm just trying to win a game". If Andy continues 2019 form over the next couple weeks and we remain winless what then?

I'm under the assumption that ZT is going to want to draft a QB at 1st overall or as high as possible regardless of what Dalton and Finley do.  My latest accusation is that ZT desires to be in "evaluation mode" insofar as it keeps emphasis off his W/L record...which is as heinous as it gets.  By putting in Finley he was out of "win now" mode with Dalton a 9 year vet with some history of competence and he was in "evalution, pay no attention to my mounting LOSS column" mode with Finley in there.

Finley is so bad that no one can possibly fall for the notion that ZT is playing him to see if he is the future, so he (with possible arm-twisting by the front office) is going back to Dalton to try to avoid joining the hated Browns as one of the 3 shamed 0-16 teams.  It's possible MB told him that he can "evaluate" Finley all he wants, but if he gets swept by the Browns and/or goes 0-16 he will be fired.

ZT taking a QB at #1 overall puts him into a legitimate "can't judge me for the next 1-3 years" mode, and that is what he wants most.  Just my take. If ZT goes 0-16 with Dalton in there, then he is just a flat-out terrible coach and deserves to be super fired.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:19 PM)WhoDey Wrote: I am glad we have a couple game cushion for the 1st pick. The Bengals win that game yesterday with Dalton.

Yeah Dalton would probably beat them without any of the Killer Bs, their starting RB, center and backup qb. He probably will win enough games to screw us out of the first overall pick and next year will be discussing the same crap.
Reply/Quote