Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
(11-25-2019, 06:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac will be back to throwing the ball 50+ times a game with Dalton and not running Mixon.

Thank you. You’re the only poster so far who understands what’s going on here. In no games this season when Andy Dalton started was Joe Mixon a factor — and this caused Zac to call too many pass plays as you rightly observe. With a good running game and with Dalton throwing less than 40 passes the Bengals have a legitimate chance to win.

However, this means Zac has to commit to a balanced offense even if run plays don’t work at first — but I’m not convinced he has the patience and the maturity to do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They both look like crap with our new offensive genius HC, but Dalton has more not total crap games on his 2019 resume than Finley does.  Again, the bar was set low and Finley blew it.  God help us, someone or something is compelling someone to hold players accountable for their play.

My biggest gripe with Finey is his XFL complete percentage and the fact that you can safely set your watch to him fumbling every time he gets hit.  That's just super awful.

Yeah....some folks have definitely been watching different games than I have the last three weeks. 

A WHOLE LOTTA turnovers....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, aside from winning at least one game, this makes no sense. Roll out Dolegalalalalalala!!!!

Yep, just another in the long list of inept running of a football team.

(11-25-2019, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Bengals could not have handled this any worse. Oh well, now we go back to other reason besides the QB as to why the QB play is subpar.

Exactly, I'll get started on the list of excuses.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bills added some 22 players in free agency and are in playoff contention now.

What is this "free agency" you speak of?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know Dalton and the players have to be laughing at this.

Why? They couldn't win a game with Dalton. They couldn't win a game without Dalton. I don't think they have anything to laugh about, unless it watching their ineptness in the film room every week...and I mean everyone, coaches and players.
Reply/Quote
Burrow all in Elway and Eli's DMs.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:09 PM)ah5 Wrote: Tua off the board at 1.  Might mean they are trying to mend things with Dalton because they are going to select Young #1 overall.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Interesting take, and could be true. It all looks like a complete mess though.

Fwiw, I didn't agree with the decision to bench Dalton "just cuz" but now that he was benched, we should've stuck with it. We need to go in a new direction with this team. That means drafting Burrow and cutting dead weight to invest in this dreadful o-line. Keeping Dalton and trying another "reboot" just won't work.

We need a complete rebuild. That said, with Mike's age (84) he might be clinging to this idea that we can win with this roster.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Thank you.  You’re the only poster so far who understands what’s going on here.  In no games this season when Andy Dalton started was Joe Mixon a factor — and this caused Zac to call too many pass plays as you rightly observe.  With a good running game and with Dalton throwing less than 40 passes the Bengals have a legitimate chance to win.

However, this means Zac has to commit to a balanced offense even if run plays don’t work at first — but I’m not convinced he has the patience and the maturity to do it.

I've noticed it as well. I mentioned in another thread that we averaged 59.5 rush yards in Dalton's starts and 138.7 in Finley's starts.

But I suppose this is "going back to blaming the team for the QB's failures".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

This definitely smacks of MB calling the shots. We have both games with Cleveland upcoming and we all know how much he hates losing to them.

It also goes hand in glove with the idea of taking Chase Young number 1 and Some mobile QB (Jalen Hurts) in the 2nd round. Leaving Dalton in place as a bridge until its time to turn the keys over to Hurts. Then trade Dalton to whoever they can...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, just another in the long list of inept running of a football team.

Exactly, I'll get started on the list of excuses.

For 1 we can go back to "That INT wasn't the QB's fault". The last couple of weeks it's been "The QB's lucky that wasn't INT".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This will shock a lot of people, but over his career Dalton has one of the lowest fumble percentages in the league.

No shock to me. I know he had a bad fumble in playoff game against the chargers when he dove head first. Do fans know with today's rules, no fumble as he was giving himself up. They changed that rule.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: From players reaction on Twitter this has always been Daltons team.

Green is def set to return now.

Ross can also return soon.I think week 14
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Interesting take, and could be true. It all looks like a complete mess though.

Fwiw, I didn't agree with the decision to bench Dalton "just cuz" but now that he was benched, we should've stuck with it. We need to go in a new direction with this team. That means drafting Burrow and cutting dead weight to invest in this dreadful o-line. Keeping Dalton and trying another "reboot" just won't work.

We need a complete rebuild. That said, with Mike's age (84) he might be clinging to this idea that we can win with this roster.

Right

We've crossed the Rubicon with Dalton. In no way does it make sense to go back ! For what ? just so we have a slight chance at winning a game ?

MB probably wants to do everything in his power to keep from getting swept by Browns, they are his only passion.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: 2 years ago they were a 9-7 team that made the playoffs, they had a little step back with a rookie QB last year but in reality that roster was always good. The defense last year was still playoff caliber their offense was just inept. 

Defense was last in the league is rush defense last year. Playoff caliber?
Reply/Quote
We are going to win just enough games to loose the first pick and give the lazy front office the we are playing better excuse to make no changes. I have full confidence in this. This team could f-up a steel beam
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've noticed it as well. I mentioned in another thread that we averaged 59.5 rush yards in Dalton's starts and 138.7 in Finley's starts.

But I suppose this is "going back to blaming the team for the QB's failures".

Oh, you know it. Also, throwing desperation passes into triple coverage late in the 4th that get picked off are EXACTLY the same as throwing pick sixes in the 1st half on out routes because you can't get the ball out there.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 07:44 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: We are going to win just enough games to loose the first pick and give the lazy front office the we are playing better excuse to make no changes. I have full confidence in this. This team could f-up a steel beam

I don't think so. We *might* win against the Jets, and probably Miami. I don't see any way they beat NE or CLE.

Reply/Quote
It's not a very logical move I agree, but going by player tweets ZT may have been forced to make the change or lose the locker room - this of course makes one wonder why he has not already lost it.

In Andy's case, maybe taking three games off has given him a chance to get his internal clock reset as the incredibly bad pass protection for more than two seasons definitely has it running too fast. You could tell that the pounding finally got to him.

As to those 8 games, let's remember he started sharp than as the pounding and no run game continued he finally got shell shocked. Meanwhile the defense was in an epically bad streak - as in all time NFL epically bad. I still think a LOT of this goes back to defective scheme and coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 07:21 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Defense was last in the league is rush defense last year. Playoff caliber?

He was talking about the Bills, not Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
D62F09E2-6C01-415D-BAFD-38D3670113CA.jpeg

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote