Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
Zac seems like they told him 0-16 and you're fired:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac seems like they told him 0-16 and you're fired:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You know what needs to be done Andy... Wink wink.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Bengals could not have handled this any worse. Oh well, now we go back to other reason besides the QB as to why the QB play is subpar.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Not sure about that. 0-8 with Dalton is not any better than 0-3 with Finley? Dalton may he laughing, but the other players probably shouldn't be since they are still the same with or without Dalton. 

By that logic we could have had a QB go out there and throw 27 interceptions per game.  Hey, a .000 winning percentage is a ZERO from every angle, right?

I can't imagine Dalton is very smug since he has been playing like crap, but Finley was so crappy that Dalton's crap play is better than it.  ZT and Finley both were tasked with replacing guys we were very sick of who hadn't won much and they still came up WAY short.  That's sort of impressive, actually.
Reply/Quote
I really think the reason for going back to Dalton is to try to get a win or two. They already made the decision to see if Finley was the future, but he clearly wasn't able to do enough to win any games and looked terrible in his games up to this point. Now they are scrambling to avoid being winless so they are trying anything they can.

They better not jeopardize their draft position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 04:51 PM)Au165 Wrote:  

I guess they are trying to win.

Well hell! Not sure what the whole point of this was then. Would rather see Dolegala get some reps. This is just a cluster f&$@
Reply/Quote
Prediction:

Dalton nearly single-handedly takes the Bengals on a 4-1 run to finish the year by going on a huge streak of dominance, absolutely destroying the Bengals chance at getting a Top-3 pick, and still demands a trade in the offseason. He takes the Bears (or Cowboys if the Bears throw a pile of cash at Dak in FA) to the playoffs next year and the Bengals draft Tua with the 4th overall pick, who never fully recovers from his hip. Zac manages to avoid going 0-16 with the dead cat bounce to show "progress" and sticks around for another 3-4-5 years while continuing to be in way over his head.

That is the most Bengals result I can think of.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Bengals could not have handled this any worse. Oh well, now we go back to other reason besides the QB as to why the QB play is subpar.

Dalton sucks...he just sucks less than Finley.  I know, it's amazing we found a QB worse that Andy Dalton, but boy cracky did ZT find the right guy and put him in a situation so hopeless that he looked worse than Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Still don’t see how this helps. Dalton looked completely inept even when he was the starter. But maybe we’ll win a game or two?

Well he can throw the ball 30 yards so there's that...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know Dalton and the players have to be laughing at this.

Andy doesn't strike me as the type that would be laughing at this. As critical as I've been of his play; he's always been a first class human. Now if he suddenly develops concussion-like symptoms I may have to re-evaluate my stance. We also now know why Andy wasn't traded at the trade deadline like so many wanted.

Reply/Quote
This move should have been done yesterday to give the home "crowd" a win over the Bengals most hated rival.. But no... Day late dollar short. Good thing I'm no longer a Bengals fan
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton sucks...he just sucks less than Finley.  I know, it's amazing we found a QB worse that Andy Dalton, but boy cracky did ZT find the right guy and put him in a situation so hopeless that he looked worse than Dalton.

I thought Finely looked better against the Steeler's D than Andy did.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I really think the reason for going back to Dalton is to try to get a win or two. They already made the decision to see if Finley was the future, but he clearly wasn't able to do enough to win any games and looked terrible in his games up to this point. Now they are scrambling to avoid being winless so they are trying anything they can.

They better not jeopardize their draft position.

No shit, their going to put ANDY back in to prove what? the decision was made, this is why you don’t wait till 2 hours before the trade deadline to bench a player you could have traded. Now if Andy balls out we drop in draft position, if he plays like shit we lose what little trade value we have. What a freakin lose lose situation they created. Well played FO, freakin idiots.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Prediction:

Dalton nearly single-handedly takes the Bengals on a 4-1 run to finish the year by going on a huge streak of dominance, absolutely destroying the Bengals chance at getting a Top-3 pick, and still demands a trade in the offseason. He takes the Bears to the playoffs next year and the Bengals draft Tua with the 4th overall pick, who never fully recovers from his hip. Zac manages to avoid going 0-16 with the dead cat bounce to show "progress" and sticks around for another 3-4-5 years while continuing to be in way over his head.

That is the most Bengals result I can think of.

Ninja

You left out the Bears making the NFC championship game...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:53 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: We don't really know dick about Ryanfinley at this point, which makes this move even more ridiculous. 

Throwing a rookie QB behind this line; what could possibly go wrong? Hmm
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:59 PM)bengals73 Wrote: This move should have been done yesterday to give the home "crowd" a win over the Bengals most hated rivalry.. But no... Day late dollar short. Good thing I'm no longer a Bengals fan

Then, by rule, this is the wrong forum for you.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy doesn't strike me as the type that would be laughing at this. As critical as I've been of his play; he's always been a first class human. Now if he suddenly develops concussion-like symptoms I may have to re-evaluate my stance. We also now know why Andy wasn't traded at the trade deadline like so many wanted.

In my defense I predicted that giving Finley 8 games to prove himself was far too long for him to not get injurebenched and we'd be back to Dalton...unless I saw Dalton in a sweatshirt and Dolegala in pads....which I did not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: . We also now know why Andy wasn't traded at the trade deadline like so many wanted.

Now wait Bfine, I respectfully disagree. I don't think this was in the plans. Andy wouldn't have reacted the way he did if it was a "look Dalton, let's avoid you getting the stain of a 0-16 year and take a look at Finley. You're still our starter, and this is still your team" type agreement.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
My favorite Finley memories will be when Tate and Erickson broke wide open and he threw the ball 10 yards out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: By that logic we could have had a QB go out there and throw 27 interceptions per game.  Hey, a .000 winning percentage is a ZERO from every angle, right?

I can't imagine Dalton is very smug since he has been playing like crap, but Finley was so crappy that Dalton's crap play is better than it.  ZT and Finley both were tasked with replacing guys we were very sick of who hadn't won much and they still came up WAY short.  That's sort of impressive, actually.

What I am saying is that the players should be embarrassed. Why couldn't they have produced the way they did for Finley, for Andy. If they could have put out that effort all season, we would have like 1 win right now. 
Reply/Quote