Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
(11-25-2019, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought Finely looked better against the Steeler's D than Andy did.

They both look like crap with our new offensive genius HC, but Dalton has more not total crap games on his 2019 resume than Finley does.  Again, the bar was set low and Finley blew it.  God help us, someone or something is compelling someone to hold players accountable for their play.

My biggest gripe with Finey is his XFL complete percentage and the fact that you can safely set your watch to him fumbling every time he gets hit.  That's just super awful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Then, by rule, this is the wrong forum for you.

Does being a Former fan and fan of the Fans, count? 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:04 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Does being a Former fan and fan of the Fans, count? 

No
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They both look like crap with our new offensive genius HC, but Dalton has more not total crap games on his 2019 resume than Finley does.  Again, the bar was set low and Finley blew it.  God help us, someone or something is compelling someone to hold players accountable for their play.

My biggest gripe with Finey is his XFL complete percentage and the fact that you can safely set your watch to him fumbling every time he gets hit.  That's just super awful.

Zac will be back to throwing the ball 50+ times a game with Dalton and not running Mixon.
Reply/Quote
I guess worst case scenario we end up with Justin Herbert?.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:04 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No

:paul:
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac will be back to throwing the ball 50+ times a game with Dalton and not running Mixon.

I have to admit that I wish we were still playing Finley because I watched the game with a pal of mine who is a STeelers fan and we were both bitterly swearing/laughing about the shoddy QB play.  If Finley threw the ball 50+ times he'd probably break the 200 yard mark, though!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:59 PM)jason Wrote: You left out the Bears making the NFC championship game...

Ah, my bad. Thanks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They both look like crap with our new offensive genius HC, but Dalton has more not total crap games on his 2019 resume than Finley does.  Again, the bar was set low and Finley blew it.  God help us, someone or something is compelling someone to hold players accountable for their play.

Not to mention a noodle for a arm.
Reply/Quote
From players reaction on Twitter this has always been Daltons team.

Green is def set to return now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I really think the reason for going back to Dalton is to try to get a win or two. They already made the decision to see if Finley was the future, but he clearly wasn't able to do enough to win any games and looked terrible in his games up to this point. Now they are scrambling to avoid being winless so they are trying anything they can.

They better not jeopardize their draft position.

Oh...they will jeopardize that position. Andy will play just good enough with Glenn on the line and if AJ comes back the "Dead Cat Bounce" will be in full effect. As a bonus, AJ will get a fat new contract, the Bengals won't get a top 3 pick, and the front office will be justified to give Zac Taylor another year. On the plus side that guy will get off the roof of his restaurant.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to admit that I wish we were still playing Finley because I watched the game with a pal of mine who is a STeelers fan and we were both bitterly swearing/laughing about the shoddy QB play.  If Finley threw the ball 50+ times he'd probably break the 200 yard mark, though!

The first step to being able to throw 50 times in a game is to complete enough of the first 20-30 passes to stay on the field long enough. Throwing wobbly ducks into the ground in front of your WRs to complete just 47.1% of the time pretty much makes 50 pass attempts in a game impossible.

Unless there was some overtime, or double overtime? Then it might be possible.  20-50, 200 yards. Sounds about right.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is the right move. Finley isn't even close to being an NFL QB at this point. I saw nothing where I thought, hey he's got some potential. When a guy is running free down the sideline, who in the eff throws it to the outside? And how in the world did the Bengals find a QB less able than Dalton to hold onto the ball when hit?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: From players reaction on Twitter this has always been Daltons team.

Yep. 

Resounding support from the players. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:19 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yep. 

Resounding support from the players. 

Well maybe they can support him with their play and not their words. 
Reply/Quote
I can see it playing out now --- Andy returns, they win a couple of games, and Mike says "see judgmental fans, I told you we're on the cusp of doing some good things."  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote:  And how in the world did the Bengals find a QB less able than Dalton to hold onto the ball when hit?

This will shock a lot of people, but over his career Dalton has one of the lowest fumble percentages in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This will shock a lot of people, but over his career Dalton has one of the lowest fumble percentages in the league.

Probably just that I've seen them all has slanted my judgment.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: From players reaction on Twitter this has always been Daltons team.

If that were to happen, I would lose a lot of respect for AJ.
Reply/Quote
Here is my take on this situation:

This has been about Burrow vs. Young. Bengals wanted to evaluate the roster, particularly at the QB position. Can the Bengals pass on Burrow and take the exciting pass rusher from OSU? Finley extended some plays but could not make enough throws to win. Even with Glenn at LT, the OL is atrocious and needs to be fixed. Even without P. Brown, the backers need upgraded. Nevertheless, the Bengals management have concluded that the QB of the future is not on this roster.

Solution from the management perspective: Start by drafting a QB with the first pick and pass on Chase Young.

For Mike Brown, it has been about finding that Franchise QB. He tried it with a small school success in Klingler (bust), tried it with Akili Smith (bust), but finally succeeded with Palmer who got wrecked by a division rival. Dalton has been serviceable but evidently not what the Bengals wanted as he was benched in favor of a 4th round rookie. Bengals will draft Burrow unless they win 2-3 games and lose out on Burrow and Young.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote