Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup Quarterback
It feels like Robert Griffin III is well on his way out of Washington. They've been trying to find a trade partner but no one was biting much. Would you take RG3 as a backup Quarterback if he were to actually get released?

I always liked his potential and the fact that he's a smart guy, but for whatever reason he's been such a head case since he had his first injury :S

What do ya'll think of the possibilities?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know why we would even consider it, as of right now we look set.  Seems like he has some issues in the locker room, not sure why we would want him...  If we were needing a qb then yes but not now. 
Reply/Quote
RGIII = worst QB in NFL.

I lived in DC for a while and was there when he was drafted. There were billboards of the guy before his first pre-season. I called it to all my friends then, this guy is going to run first, get hurt and then suck. I also said Andrew Luck (the other first round pick annointed QB of the draft) would be worse than him in his first season but develop into a much better QB. I was so much more right than I knew. RGIII turned out to be a team blaming loser while Luck seems like the next Peyton Manning.

None of them believed me at first and everyone was on the defensive when I pointed out his sub-par play and the limited play calling with him under center. Now those same friends in DC have turned against him completely and want Colt McCoy to become the guy. You just have to get a read passer in the NFL, speed is not a necessity at QB.

Basically RG3 can only run read option plays and never runs read progression plays without just taking off. He's skinny, cocky, and has a low football IQ. Watching him for a few years in DC, I can't say enough bad about him. He's poison, be glad we don't have him on our team.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 09:30 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: RGIII = worst QB in NFL.

I lived in DC for a while and was there when he was drafted. There were billboards of the guy before his first pre-season. I called it to all my friends then, this guy is going to run first, get hurt and then suck. I also said Andrew Luck (the other first round pick annointed QB of the draft) would be worse than him in his first season but develop into a much better QB. I was so much more right than I knew. RGIII turned out to be a team blaming loser while Luck seems like the next Peyton Manning.

None of them believed me at first and everyone was on the defensive when I pointed out his sub-par play and the limited play calling with him under center. Now those same friends in DC have turned against him completely and want Colt McCoy to become the guy. You just have to get a read passer in the NFL, speed is not a necessity at QB.

Basically RG3 can only run read option plays and never runs read progression plays without just taking off. He's skinny, cocky, and has a low football IQ. Watching him for a few years in DC, I can't say enough bad about him. He's poison, be glad we don't have him on our team.
Yes not sure why this would even be considered with our back up situation..  but he does have talent but I think his attitude overshadows that by a large amount..  Sounds like they are trying to reach out to teams but nobody want anything to do with him.. so not a good sign...!
Reply/Quote
I heard several analysts state that they believe that RG3's future will be defined by his next team.

If my team were desperate at QB, Browns, Buccs, I would be looking to make a bargain basement trade now.
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer the backup - Kirk Cousins.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'd welcome him with open arms. He's 25 years old and has been hit by the injury bug big time. I think if you structure the offense to suit his strengths, you can have a productive QB. You've got a talented kid that needs a change of scenery.

I know people will hate this opinion but as everyone knows I couldn't care less.
Reply/Quote

I'm obviously not a big fan of Dalton. But I don't want to add another turd to the punch bowl.
Reply/Quote
I honestly can't think of a team that is hard up at QB enough to take RGIII without a good amount of skepticism. The Browns have Manziel, the Bucs have Winston, and even Buffalo and Houston have better options in the works. Maybe the Texans would give it a shot, maybe. Anyone I'm missing?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I honestly can't think of a team that is hard up at QB enough to take RGIII without a good amount of skepticism.  The Browns have Manziel, the Bucs have Winston, and even Buffalo and Houston have better options in the works.  Maybe the Texans would give it a shot, maybe.  Anyone I'm missing?

The Bears
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:16 PM)Interceptor Wrote: The Bears

Cutler isn't too popular, but neither is RGIII and it's pretty clear the coaching in Chicago took a major step backwards when they went from Lovie Smith to Marc Trestman and their defense plummeted.  RGIII would be another trade for a pain in the arse.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:

I'm obviously not a big fan of Dalton.  But I don't want to add another turd to the punch bowl.

AHAHAHAHA my thoughts exactly
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Cutler isn't too popular, but neither is RGIII and it's pretty clear the coaching in Chicago took a major step backwards when they went from Lovie Smith to Marc Trestman and their defense plummeted.  RGIII would be another trade for a pain in the arse.

Yeah, but they would be trading for a pain-in-the-ass with some skill.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:23 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah, but they would be trading for a pain-in-the-ass with some skill.

As ridiculous as this sounds I would have to say Cutler has more skill and is less injury and bench-prone than RGIII.  WOwza.
Reply/Quote
No.

Like Dalton, hate Dalton, we've been pretty consistent under him. Yes, we've stunk in primetime, but we've stunk as a team. We've stunk in playoffs, but we've stunk as a team.

Add RGIII and every time AD has a bad game — even if it's just the usual 'whole team stinking' — then people will be wanting RGIII to come in. Nevermind that when he comes in it will be to a steaming pile of ill-prepared first teamers, which is why we fail. And nevermind that he's not that good. It won't matter. People will think he can magically make it better.

He can't. All it will do is make people more split.

We need a better backup than McCarron at this point. RGIII is project and wouldn't add as much as he would subtract at this point.
Reply/Quote
Former Teammate Has A Theory On Why RG3 Has Been So Bad, And It Could End His Career

Chris Cooley: RGIII was so bad, I can’t assess the rest of the Redskins’ offense

How often do you think I would say I don't have enough bad things to say about a QB? I was forced to watch him at other peoples house parties on Sundays. He is just sucks man. Bad! He's not a potential project, there's no way to redesign a offense to play with him, there's not much good tape on him and on top of it all he's a bad teammate. 

Read one of the articles above. Just read them. That's from a former Teammate! Seriously just push the idea out of your thoughts as quickly as possible.
Reply/Quote
For anyone watching the cardinals game, we should sign Phil simms.

Yes, its preseason, but that guy is making some solid throws and had some decent speed. Would make a good backup.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I honestly can't think of a team that is hard up at QB enough to take RGIII without a good amount of skepticism.  The Browns have Manziel, the Bucs have Winston, and even Buffalo and Houston have better options in the works.  Maybe the Texans would give it a shot, maybe.  Anyone I'm missing?

Texans wouldn't be bad for RG3 as Bill O'Brien is a good QB coach.

I didn't realize he was football stupid. I knew he was a super smart kid so it's surprising to see he has low football IQ. I haven't really taken much of a close look at him though like a lot of you guys.
Reply/Quote
If we needed a QB, then yes. RGIII would be a perfect Mike/Marvin reclamation project.

But we don't need a QB. Andy isn't bad, and McCarron shows promise.

I can see RGIII going to the Jets, only to fade away into the ephemeral world of things-that-might-have-been.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with McCarron.
Reply/Quote