Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bad Boys II
(05-14-2018, 03:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   It does amuse me when people who have never been I anything resembling this type of situation know exactly what to do and how to do it.  Wouldn't it be great if they all joined up and put these amazing, unused, skills to use?

You were a LEO, right?
(05-11-2018, 05:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can't see the video, but it kinda sounds like this guy was either being an asshole to begin with or was worked up because of the Waffle House staff. I wouldn't be surprised if he was not being compliant with the officers when they showed up either. Doesn't excuse the officer if he did use excessive force, though.

Just like in the Starbucks thread you have no idea what happened.

Just like the Starbucks thread you lay all of the blame on the black guy?

Why do you always respond like this Phil?  Why is it always the black guys fault when you don't know what happened?
(05-11-2018, 09:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Dang...I keep forgetting black people have to prove they weren't being "out of control".  Like the two guys at Starbucks, who (maybe) were (obviously) being rude so they HAD to call the cops.  And then, despite the videos, must have done something to get arrested and jailed for eight hours.  We'll just assume the person who called the police couldn't be racist...I mean it would be so hard to imagine.  Just like Starbucks.

Considering today's climate, I would be very surprised to find your average citizen, let alone police officer, that openly racist that they would call the cops on a couple of black people who weren't doing anything. Or that the cops would also be so openly racist that they would have no problem geting unnecessarily physical.

However, I do tend to believe the best in humanity so maybe that's just me.

(05-11-2018, 09:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: But then I hold police to a higher standard.  One that many more seem to be unable to uphold.

You hold the police to an IMPOSSIBLE standard. Not every situation is de-escaltable. Sometimes, police HAVE to get physical. Sure, sometimes they do so when they didn't have to, but just because they get physical it doens't mean they were in the wrong or did so because they're racist.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering today's climate, I would be very surprised to find your average citizen, let alone police officer, that openly racist that they would call the cops on a couple of black people who weren't doing anything. Or that the cops would also be so openly racist that they would have no problem geting unnecessarily physical.they do so when they didn't have to, but just because they get physical it doens't mean they were in the wrong or did so because they're racist.

By "today's climate" do you mean the fact that we have a president in office who has made the white supremacists so comfortable that they no longer have to wear hoods or masks when they march through a city chanting "blood and soil"?

A president who welcomed confederate battle flags at his campaign stops?

You get showed these horrible racists on TV yet you still effuse to admit that they exist.

Why is that Phil.  After all the video that you have seen why do you still refuse to believe that there are any racists people who would act racists?
(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like in the Starbucks thread you have no idea what happened.

Never said otherwise.

(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like the Starbucks thread you lay all of the blame on the black guy?

And, here we go with the making shit up again. 

(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you always respond like this Phil? 

I respond with what common sense would dictate. I'm sorry that common sense is outrageous to you.

(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why is it always the black guys fault when you don't know what happened?

First off, this is just not true. 

Why do you believe black people are incapable of being violent or are incapable of causing a disturbance?
(05-14-2018, 05:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And, here we go with the making shit up again. 

I am not making up anything.  You plainly said that the black guys made some "snide remarks" that started the trouble.

Do you deny that?
(05-14-2018, 05:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I respond with what common sense would dictate. I'm sorry that common sense is outrageous to you.

So it is just "common sense" that the black guy is always to blame?

What does your "common sense" tell you about the men who marched through Charlottesvile chanting "Blood and soil"?  Just some "nice people" like Trump told you to believe?

Does your "common sense" tell you that those men do not exist?
(05-14-2018, 05:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: First off, this is just not true. 

Why do you believe black people are incapable of being violent or are incapable of causing a disturbance?

1.  It sure seems to be true in every single thread I can recall.  If I am wrong then post a link, because I always recall you blaming the black person.

2.  I do not believe black people are incapable of causing trouble or being violent.  That is why I never pre-judge any of these situations until I have enough facts.  If that is not true then post a link.
(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering today's climate, I would be very surprised to find your average citizen, let alone police officer, that openly racist that they would call the cops on a couple of black people who weren't doing anything. Or that the cops would also be so openly racist that they would have no problem geting unnecessarily physical.

However, I do tend to believe the best in humanity so maybe that's just me.

I try to believe the best in humanity, but humanity often disappoints. I've seen too many examples of the things you would be very surprised to find.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering today's climate, I would be very surprised to find your average citizen, let alone police officer, that openly racist that they would call the cops on a couple of black people who weren't doing anything. Or that the cops would also be so openly racist that they would have no problem geting unnecessarily physical.

Sorry, but those "openly racists" people are still around and while I find it quite surprising they are, they are.

(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: However, I do tend to believe the best in humanity so maybe that's just me.

I hope for that, but I deal with the reality of the people I see.

(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You hold the police to an IMPOSSIBLE standard. Not every situation is de-escaltable. Sometimes, police HAVE to get physical. Sure, sometimes they do so when they didn't have to, but just because they get physical it doens't mean they were in the wrong or did so because they're racist.

No doubt nothing works all the time (I think I read that somewhere).

However my opinion will always be that they should be held to the highest standards. They have the legal right to take away your property, freedom and life. That is exactly the kind of position that needs held to the highest standards. Not that they will be perfect. No one is. But they should be scrutinized every time a line is even potentially crossed because of their power within society.
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(05-14-2018, 05:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not making up anything.  You plainly said that the black guys made some "snide remarks" that started the trouble.

Do you deny that?

I said they probably made some snide remarks OR their remarks were taken the wrong way.

In addition, can you show me where I also stated that snide remarks are grounds to call the police? 
(05-14-2018, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So it is just "common sense" that the black guy is always to blame?

What does your "common sense" tell you about the men who marched through Charlottesvile chanting "Blood and soil"?  Just some "nice people" like Trump told you to believe?

Does your "common sense" tell you that those men do not exist?

Nope. But this guy admits to starting shit with the Waffle House employees.

http://abc11.com/warsaw-police-investigate-after-viral-video-of-officer-putting-man-in-chokehold/3451147/
Quote:While he takes full responsibility for his interaction with Waffle House employees, he told ABC11 the cop's actions were not justified.

He just objects to the cop using a choke hold on him. He doesn't object to the cops being there. But, yeah, I'm sorry that I believe the black guy when he says it's his fault the police showed up.

fredtoast Wrote:What does your "common sense" tell you about the men who marched through Charlottesvile chanting "Blood and soil"?  Just some "nice people" like Trump told you to believe?

Please show everyone a post of mine that says that I ever said those in Charlottesville were "nice people". 

But please, continue proving to everyone that you continue to make shit up. ThumbsUp

fredtoast Wrote:Does your "common sense" tell you that those men do not exist?

Yep, more "truths" from fed. I' don't believe there are racist people in America. Forget all those times I've said racism still exists and what have you, I don't believe racists exist.

But please continue to deny that you make shit up about me.
(05-14-2018, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  It sure seems to be true in every single thread I can recall.  If I am wrong then post a link, because I always recall you blaming the black person.

2.  I do not believe black people are incapable of causing trouble or being violent.  That is why I never pre-judge any of these situations until I have enough facts.  If that is not true then post a link.

1. Nope. The onus is on YOU to back up your claim. You can't even back up your claim in this and the Starbucks thread.

2. You don't prejudge? According to your posts, these guys are innocent and incapable of doing any wrong. Why would you think that if you're still waiting for all the facts. I, at least, have said that these are just my opinions of whta MAY have happened.
(05-14-2018, 05:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I try to believe the best in humanity, but humanity often disappoints. I've seen too many examples of the things you would be very surprised to find.

Even seeing what humanity is capable of, I still believe the best in people or at least, I try to.
(05-14-2018, 05:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry, but those "openly racists" people are still around and while I find it quite surprising they are, they are.

I know there are people who are openly racist out there. But, I'd be surprised to find them doing something like unnecessarily calling the cops from their job. I know that it's possible for it to happen, I just don't think it's probable.

(05-14-2018, 05:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: However my opinion will always be that they should be held to the highest standards.  They have the legal right to take away your property, freedom and life.  That is exactly the kind of position that needs held to the highest standards.  Not that they will be perfect.  No one is.  But they should be scrutinized every time a line is even potentially crossed because of their power within society.

I don't disagree that they should be held to higher standards, but there are times when they have no choice but to be physical.
(05-14-2018, 05:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I know there are people who are openly racist out there. But, I'd be surprised to find them doing something like unnecessarily calling the cops from their job. I know that it's possible for it to happen, I just don't think it's probable.

Why do you believe this, Phil?

Why wouldn't a guy who was willing to march through a city chanting "Blood and soil" not call the police on a black person when it was not necessary?

You keep trying to cover your ass by saying "I know racism exists", yet you refuse to believe that a racist person would actually do something racist.  How is that even possible?  
(05-14-2018, 05:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Even seeing what humanity is capable of, I still believe the best in people or at least, I try to.

I hope for it...but I don't believe it until I see it.   Whatever
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(05-14-2018, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fixed it for you.

Nope, but go ahead with the ad hominem attacks. Just reinfoces my position when you have to get personal.  ThumbsUp

(05-14-2018, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When it comes to black people you believe that if the police are called it had to be because they started something with snide remarks.

Yes, because just a couple posts ago I said how snide remarks aren't grounds for calling the police. Are you TRYING to lose this argument?

(05-14-2018, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or if a police officer is choking a black kid the kid had to do something to deserve it.

Never said that.

(05-14-2018, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because your "common sense" tells you that white people never act on any racial bias.

Never said that either.

Fred, if you don't want to discuss this anymore, by all means just stop discussing it. But, continuing to make shit up about me is not only getting annoying, it's starting to get tiresome. As such, if you have no ACTUAL evidence - and I know for a fact you don't -  if you try to claim I'm racist one more time, I will report your post.
Starbuck thread you already admitted that your theory involves the black guys making snide remarks to start everything.

As for this thread...

(05-11-2018, 05:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if he was not being compliant with the officers when they showed up either.

Again, blame the black guy with no evidence.

Every time you talk about what "probably" happened it involves the black guy(s) doing something wrong because that is what your "common sense" tells you.
(05-14-2018, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you believe this, Phil?

Why wouldn't a guy who was willing to march through a city chanting "Blood and soil" not call the police on a black person when it was not necessary?

Because it's easier for a racist person to be openly racist with a group of other openly racist people. Generally, one someone is in a setting where they may be the only racist person, they generally know enough to not openly say or do something considered racist.

(05-14-2018, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You keep trying to cover your ass by saying "I know racism exists", yet you refuse to believe that a racist person would actually do something racist.  How is that even possible?  

I don't refuse to believe a racist person would do something racist. I've said it many times its possible. Just because I don't believe in separate incidents that someone was not racist doesn't equate to EVERY TIME it happens I think it wasn't becaues of racism.