Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bad Boys II
(05-14-2018, 05:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: I hope for it...but I don't believe it until I see it.   Whatever

Basically, I try to give everyone a chance until they do something otherwise.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-14-2018, 05:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Fred, if you don't want to discuss this anymore, by all means just stop discussing it. But, continuing to make shit up about me is not only getting annoying, it's starting to get tiresome. As such, if you have no ACTUAL evidence - and I know for a fact you don't -  if you try to claim I'm racist one more time, I will report your post.

I am not calling you racist.

All I am doing is quoting exactly what you said.  So please tell me which one of this things I claim you said that I am "making up"

"Black guys probably made some snide remarks."

"Would not surprise me if black kid was not complying with the police."

"Common sense tells me it is not probable that a white person would call the police on a black person for no reason."
(05-14-2018, 06:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't refuse to believe a racist person would do something racist. I've said it many times its possible. Just because I don't believe in separate incidents that someone was not racist doesn't equate to EVERY TIME it happens I think it wasn't becaues of racism. 

Okay then.  I'll wait to see what you say the next something like this comes up.
(05-14-2018, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Starbuck thread you already admitted that your theory involves the black guys making snide remarks to start everything.

No, I didn't, but thanks for trying. 

(05-14-2018, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again, blame the black guy with no evidence.

Nope.
(05-14-2018, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every time you talk about what "probably" happened it involves the black guy(s) doing something wrong because that is what your "common sense" tells you.

Change the race to white guys and my thoughts on these 2 incidents (or according to fred "every time") are exactly the same. 
(05-14-2018, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You were a LEO, right?

What do you mean by that question?
(05-14-2018, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not calling you racist.

Right, so when you "fixed" my post to:
Even seeing what humanity is capable of, I still believe the best in WHITE people or at least, I try to.

You weren't calling my racist. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

fredtoast Wrote:All I am doing is quoting exactly what you said. 

No you're not. You're taking things I've said and trying to use them to make it seem like I'm not saying. When you say that [i]I[/i} said: "Starbuck thread you already admitted that your theory involves the black guys making snide remarks to start everything." I never said the snide remarks were what started everything.

fredtoast Wrote:"Common sense tells me it is not probable that a white person would call the police on a black person for no reason."

When did I say that?
(05-14-2018, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fixed it for you.

When it comes to black people you believe that if the police are called it had to be because they started something with snide remarks.

Or if a police officer is choking a black kid the kid had to do something to deserve it.

Because your "common sense" tells you that white people never act on any racial bias.

Ahh, didn't take Fred long to go for the last ditch effort of calling his opponent racist.  Great job! ThumbsUp
(05-14-2018, 06:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What do you mean by that question?

I mean you "Were you a LEO who should know exactly what this guy was trained to do in this situation?"
(05-14-2018, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.  I'll wait to see what you say the next something like this comes up.

No need to wait at all. Just look at the AirBnB thread (surprisng that you wouldn't bring that thread up, I can't imagine why):
(05-08-2018, 03:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The only way I could "excuse" her is if she didn't know that the place they were coming from was a rental. But, according to the article, she supposedly only called because they ddin't wave back to her. So, it does sound like a case of racism being the reason she called.

Yep, clearly you can see that EVERY TIME I think it's the black person's fault.  Rolleyes
(05-14-2018, 06:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Right, so when you "fixed" my post to:
Even seeing what humanity is capable of, I still believe the best in WHITE people or at least, I try to.
I believe that editing another posters words like that is against the CoC, is it not?

Quote:You weren't calling my racist. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Oh, he very clearly was. 

Quote:No you're not. You're taking things I've said and trying to use them to make it seem like I'm not saying. When you say that [i]I[/i} said: "Starbuck thread you already admitted that your theory involves the black guys making snide remarks to start everything." I never said the snide remarks were what started everything.

Wait, Fred is twisting your words and stating you made comments you didn't actually make?  I did not think this was possible.

Quote:When did I say that?

Spoiler alert, likely never.
(05-14-2018, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like in the Starbucks thread you have no idea what happened.

Just like the Starbucks thread you lay all of the blame on the black guy?

Why do you always respond like this Phil?  Why is it always the black guys fault when you don't know what happened?

Funny, Phil never mentioned race in his post.  However, you certainly were quick to bring up the race of the guy that had to be removed from the Waffle House.  

I would tread lightly, when alluding toward folks being racist.  Randomly accusing people of being racist will not be tolerated on this board, anymore than a user using racial slurs would be tolerated.  Falsely throwing a racist accusation out there = A personal attack, and will be handled as such.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-14-2018, 06:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I mean you "Were you a LEO who should know exactly what this guy was trained to do in this situation?"

No one knows what events preceded this video so no one can say one way or another.  I thought you'd know this seeing as you don't "prejudge".
(05-14-2018, 06:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No one knows what events preceded this video so no one can say one way or another.  I thought you'd know this seeing as you don't "prejudge".

What would have to happen to justify choking a person like that?

What is the official LEO training on choking people?
(05-14-2018, 06:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What would have to happen to justify choking a person like that?

I'm not sure what the justification is for something like that.  But I do know from common sense that the best way to avoid being manhandled, tazed, or even shot by the police is to simply follow their directives and cooperate.

I'm willing to bet it all that at some point, before the little clip of video that shows the "action", the "victim" was given ample opportunity to let the situation end peacefully..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-14-2018, 06:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What would have to happen to justify choking a person like that?

A quick question, is it possible to grab someone by the throat without actively choking them?
(05-14-2018, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure what the justification is for something like that.  But I do know from common sense that the best way to avoid being manhandled, tazed, or even shot by the police is to simply follow their directives and cooperate.

I'm willing to bet it all that at some point, before the little clip of video that shows the "action", the "victim" was given ample opportunity to let the situation end peacefully..

And that is the problem in a nutshell.

Every year there are multiple cases where police are convicted of excessive force and flat out police brutality.  Many of them even get posted here.  Yet every time the issue comes up certain people refuse to believe that a police officer would do anything in appropriate.  And even when they use excessive force and then lie to cover it up some people here still try to blame the victim.

And even though it has been proven (and even admitted) that police have been known to treat white people differently when they use "racial profiling" many white people here refuse to ever consider that a police officer would ever do anything racist.
(05-14-2018, 06:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A quick question, is it possible to grab someone by the throat without actively choking them?

Only if they do not breath through their throat.

But you are the one with the training, so why don't you tell us?
(05-14-2018, 07:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only if they do not breath through their throat.

But you are the one with the training, so why don't you tell us?

Yes, it is possible to grab someone by the throat and not choke them.  Is grabbing someone by the throat advisable, no.  It is obviously possibly to inadvertently choke someone and it will certainly be perceived by people observing the scene that a person is being choked.  A carotid choke is not permitted by many agencies due to the risk of inadvertently cutting off the supply of oxygen.  Actually choking someone would only be allowed in a  legit life or death struggle i.e. a situation in which lethal force was justified.
(05-14-2018, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is the problem in a nutshell.

Every year there are multiple cases where police are convicted of excessive force and flat out police brutality.  Many of them even get posted here.  Yet every time the issue comes up certain people refuse to believe that a police officer would do anything in appropriate.  And even when they use excessive force and then lie to cover it up some people here still try to blame the victim.

And even though it has been proven (and even admitted) that police have been known to treat white people differently when they use "racial profiling" many white people here refuse to ever consider that a police officer would ever do anything racist.

I'm not a cop, I'm a surveyor.  When I encounter dangerous snakes on the job, I handle myself differently depending on if it's a copperhead or a moccasin.  Both can kill me, but the likelihood is less depending on how I respond upon confrontation.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-14-2018, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not a cop, I'm a surveyor.  When I encounter dangerous snakes on the job, I handle myself differently depending on if it's a copperhead or a moccasin.  Both can kill me, but the likelihood is less depending on how I respond upon confrontation.

So your suggestion is to never try to get away from or defend yourself against a deadly snake?