Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Mayfield in the 2nd?
If Mayfield is available I think we should take him..this guy goes through his reads and he can scramble and get out of the pocket. He's accurate and makes things happen. If Andy is not the guy next year and we have to go into the drafy looking for a qb there will be no elite qbs available. I dont think it would be smart to pass up Mayfield this year
Andy is not a good quarterback in my opinion o line being bad or not. That deep ball he threw to aj should have been a touchdown and he will never learn to throw the ball towards the.middle.of the field instead of 10 yards out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
I'm torn on what to do at QB. I absolutely love Josh Rosen, but I don't know if he will be around when we draft.

I just don't know about some of these guys that come out of the "system" offenses. So many of them don't seem to pan out.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sold on any QB coming out in the 2018 draft just yet, but I honestly believe Andy is our QB next year regardless of who is available in the 1st or 2nd when we pick. Sorry, not trying to turn his into that type of a thread, but o-line should be #1 priority before looking at the "QB Problem"...
Reply/Quote
U do realize he's plays in a conference that has 0 defense right? Not to mention he's playing behind the best okine in CFB. He's not a great qb prospect.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:34 AM)Jpoore Wrote: U do realize he's plays in a conference that has 0 defense right? Not to mention he's playing behind the best okine in CFB. He's not a great qb prospect.

and that matters? he's still got to have the arm and brains to get it where it needs to go. Bradford didn't have a bad career, just a shame about his knees.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No, thank you.  I'm not really sold on him as a huge talent, as much as the idea that he's good, but elevated by all the talent around him.  Sure, he's a fiery, rah rah, kind of guy.  But, he's also cocky and plays too much off of emotion.  Plus, I'm not really a fan of short QBs in the modern NFL.  He's listed at what 6', maybe 6'1"?  I'll bet anything that come the combine, he tapes out around 5'11". 

Before anyone starts saying "But, Russell Wilson...", can it.  Wilson is an athletic playmaker on his feet, always been his style.  If you ask me, as soon as NFL defenses get a load of Mayfield's bravado, he's going to get busted up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Johnny Football 2.0 No Thanks !

Phillip Rivers plays with a lot of passion but it's good passion. Mayfield plays with a lot of passion but he's a total jerk about it.

He's only so- so from the pocket and he's short.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 08:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Johnny Football 2.0 No Thanks !

Phillip Rivers plays with a lot of passion but it's good passion. Mayfield plays with a lot of passion but he's a total jerk about it.

Not even close.

PFF has graded him as one of the best prospects in the last 2 years to come out of the college ranks. Mayfield can toss 50-60 yarders from his back foot. His leadership skills are also very good. People didn't flock to Johnny like that. In fact they were turned off by him. Rusell Wilson is a good comparison, so is Brett Farve.

We will have to agree to disagree, I think he's muscling his way into a 1st round pick, if he wins the Heisman he'll be a 1st rounder.
Reply/Quote
I prefer Lamar Jackson in this draft. I think he has the most upside. His arm is solid and his mobility is great. But I would sit him a year behind Andy.

This is a good qb year overall. I don't want to beat up on the other prospects. I even still like Josh Allen.
Reply/Quote
Only if we get a real good deal for Andy would I draft a QB but he would be my guy if we we're looking at a QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He won't be there in the second but I've changed my mind I'd be fine with him if we have 2 second round picks(can't pass on hernandez no way). That said I would much rather have Mason Rudolph in the late second early 3rd. My qb1. I see Russell Wilson in Mayfield but I see Aaron Rodgers in Rudolph.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:34 AM)Jpoore Wrote: U do realize he's plays in a conference that has 0 defense right? Not to mention he's playing behind the best okine in CFB. He's not a great qb prospect.

(11-20-2017, 11:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He won't be there in the second but I've changed my mind I'd be fine with him if we have 2 second round picks(can't pass on hernandez no way). That said I would much rather have Mason Rudolph in the late second early 3rd. My qb1. I see Russell Wilson in Mayfield but I see Aaron Rodgers in Rudolph.

Not a good prospect to Russell Wilson in 2 weeks? What conference does Rudolph play in?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 08:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Johnny Football 2.0 No Thanks !

I've heard that Rivers is one of the biggest s*** talkers in the game today. Stuff he says on the field isn't exactly sugar coated either.

Not really defending Mayfield as a player or a person, but Rivers and Mayfield both fit under the 'jerk' radar.
Reply/Quote
I also think the reality is that he won't be around in the second round.
Reply/Quote
I'd take him in the 1st round. Mayfield is a tremendous talent. I'd take him over every QB from last year's class in a heartbeat.

And yes. I know Watson started doing very well in the NFL. I'm going off of college tape.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 01:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not a good prospect to Russell Wilson in 2 weeks?  What conference does Rudolph play in?

Big 12. Like I said I changed my mind. Also hadn't actually watched film on Mayfield yet. Just had watched him live. Spent last 2 weeks watching film on him and he's good.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Big 12.

Is that the same conference you claimed "has 0 defense"?

Quote:Like I said I changed my mind. Also hadn't actually watched film on Mayfield yet. Just had watched him live. Spent last 2 weeks watching film on him and he's good.

(11-06-2017, 08:34 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's not a great qb prospect.

Sounds like something a scout would say based upon 0 film study.

So in your vast experience as a scout, would you say you claim prospects aren't any good based upon 0 film study more or less often than your scouting peers?
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't touch Mayfield with a 10 foot pole in the draft. Don't want nothing to do with his Manziel-lite shenanigans. There are other better QBs in this draft I would much rather have.  Mason Rudolph for one.  The kid from Wyoming for another.  I wouldn't mind taking a later round swing on Lamarr Jackson, if available.  He seems to have a touch of Michael Vick in him which would be exciting to watch.  

But in all honesty, QB shouldn't even be on our radar until after round 3.  OL, OL, OL.    OG, C, and OT in that order.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 12:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is that the same conference you claimed "has 0 defense"?

Sounds like something a scout would say based upon 0 film study.

So in your vast experience as a scout, would you say you claim prospects aren't any good based upon 0 film study more or less often than your scouting peers?
Off of what I saw live, he didn't look good like the hype suggested.....  Just like any other scout they know more when they watch tape as opposed to live.
Reply/Quote
2nd round will be where the obligatory bust at RB will be drafted. That's after they take the first round corner. 
Reply/Quote