Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore Game next Sunday Night
My wife and I am contemplating going to the Sunday night game next in Baltimore. We went last year to the Baltimore day game and felt fairly safe. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay to travel in to the game to be safe or if there are shuttles or trains into the stadium? With all the crime in Baltimore, we want to go, but don't want to put ourselves in a life-threatening situation just to go to the game. Anyone else going to the game?
Reply/Quote
Pack some heat homie..
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 02:28 PM)Tony Wrote: Pack some heat homie..

Exactly!
Reply/Quote
I’d skip it. I predict a high scoring Bengals win because Baltimore is as bad off this year on CB depth like last week we burned them bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They have 0 pass rush too boot. Mark Burrow for 400+ right now.. Allen is gonna baptize them tomorrow..
Reply/Quote
Another night game? I want my 1:00 pm games.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 07:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Another night game? I want my 1:00 pm games.

Same. Definitely one horrible down side of doing well lol

Love 1pm games.

Not even a fan of ~4:15pm games, let alone Prime time games and worse, non-Sunday games!

-Creature of habit.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 07:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Another night game?  I want my 1:00 pm games.

As someone living out if state I don't mind them hah Trying to find some sketch stream for the first 10min and refreshing periodically after freezes gets old. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 07:15 PM)TheFan Wrote: As someone living out if state I don't mind them hah Trying to find some sketch stream for the first 10min and refreshing periodically after freezes gets old. 

Yeah I get that for sure
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 07:15 PM)TheFan Wrote: As someone living out if state I don't mind them hah Trying to find some sketch stream for the first 10min and refreshing periodically after freezes gets old. 

Download Kodi and get the crew adon
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 07:34 PM)Tony Wrote: Download Kodi and get the crew adon

I have the crew, Asgard, siren, 4k, dejavue, magic dragon. Best investment in my life.

Reply/Quote
I would not go to Baltimore, period.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 02:21 PM)FastEddie Wrote: My wife and I am contemplating going to the Sunday night game next in Baltimore. We went last year to the Baltimore day game and felt fairly safe. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay to travel in to the game to be safe or if there are shuttles or trains into the stadium? With all the crime in Baltimore, we want to go, but don't want to put ourselves in a life-threatening situation just to go to the game. Anyone else going to the game?

Sad state of affairs to worry about safety just going to a game.  But really it's almost everywhere.  My brother and I will occasionally go to a Reds game here but now it is just Business Day specials and we pay more to park closer.
Reply/Quote
The inner harbor area is largely safe and is where most of the walkable hotels are. Of course there will be a large police presence around the stadium. As long as you stay in the touristy areas, you'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't let the largely remote possibility of street crime dissuade me from doing something I really wanted to do. A huge crowd leaving a ballgame with what will likely be a large law enforcement presence isn't all that risky. Unless you plan to walk around by yourself at 3 am in crack town, you're probably fine. Be aware of your surroundings, stay in populated areas, don't look for trouble. You'll be fine.

You're at larger risk driving home from a home game with all of the drunk drivers.
Reply/Quote
Stayed felts point and took uber to game and pier
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 08:39 PM)samhain Wrote: I wouldn't let the largely remote possibility of street crime dissuade me from doing something I really wanted to do. A huge crowd leaving a ballgame with what will likely be a large law enforcement presence isn't all that risky. Unless you plan to walk around by yourself at 3 am in crack town, you're probably fine. Be aware of your surroundings, stay in populated areas, don't look for trouble. You'll be fine.

You're at larger risk driving home from a home game with all of the drunk drivers.

This... Random violent crime is still pretty rare. Also... I'm in downtown Detroit as we speak.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Life-threatening situation?! Holy smokes
Reply/Quote
Ignore the pearl clutchers. You'll be fine.

The light rail/MTA is what many do. Parking lots in Anne Arundel County along the route. Round trip tickets are a couple of bucks or so. A lot of people don't pay because no one checks tickets, but I do. I usually get on in Cromwell. It is the end of the line south. You get a seat that way. As it makes stops heading north, more and more people need to stand. Not a big deal, but you know.

When the game lets out, it can be crowded and you may have to wait for a couple of trains going through to head back. I am Bengal'd out and I never get grief besides a few comments here and there that are good natured.

95% of time the violence is people who are known to each other. You're a civilian. Nothing to worry about. Just like most major cities, there are the high crime areas and the nicer areas. That whole section of Baltimore has nice restaurants and attractions and is largely calm.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 09:51 PM)jason Wrote: This... Random violent crime is still pretty rare. Also... I'm in downtown Detroit as we speak.

Not so these days. Even in Louisville innocent people are being shot driving down the highway. Gangs are running the cities now, we are not that far removed from Escape from New York. Baltimore is particularly bad.
Reply/Quote