Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates - No Intentions Reporting to Camp or Play on Tag
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/jessie-bates-no-intentions-of-reporting-to-training-camp

Quote:"Jessie Bates has no intentions of reporting to training camp, nor playing on the franchise tag," (Josina) Anderson tweeted. "The two sides are currently unable to come to terms on an extension on today's deadline for long-term deals for players designated with the tag."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
They should trade him....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
If he sits out the season then he loses out on 12.5 million dollars. The guy isn't go to sit out whole season lmao at that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(07-15-2022, 03:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: They should trade him....

They can't trade him unless he signs his tag.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah

Trade him and get what? Team has zero leverage in a trade if every other teams knows he isn't going to play for them. 

Jessie can say what he wants, but that's a ***** move not playing on the tag. Business is business. If you don't like the franchise tag, your union should get rid of it. 

Seriously lost a lost of respect for Jessie here. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy

They should listen to deals for him but this front office isn't going to trade him. Unless it's a bonkers deal in their favor.
J24

(07-15-2022, 03:05 PM)J24 Wrote: If he sits out the season then he loses out on 12.5 million dollars. The guy isn't go to sit out whole season lmao at that.

I agree with this. Zero chance it happens. That fact that he is even saying it though pisses me off. 
It sounds like he has a number and he isn’t coming off it. Fortunately for us, it looks like we had a good draft and really won’t miss his regular season play. People can say what they want to about his locker room demeanor, but the fact of the matter is that is JoeB’s locker room, and they feed off him. Not Jessie Bates! We’ve seen this with the Bengals and Palmer, they won’t budge until it’s in their best interest!
That's a bummer... at least we planned for it in the draft.

I think you can still do a sign and trade with the new team extending him immediately to his preferred #. If this happens I'm still in the firm belief that you get an impact player back. I do not want draft picks as this is the year you go all-in
[Image: 1500x500]
He said that when they tagged him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(07-15-2022, 03:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree with this. Zero chance it happens. That fact that he is even saying it though pisses me off. 

I honestly don't have a problem with anything Bates is doing. The problem is fully guaranteed money and the Bengals are not even offering him fair money according to Rappaport. Bengals guaranteed money 16.5 compared to other top safeties who are making in the mid thirties.
J24

We should have cut this clown months ago and used the 17 million freed up to sign a stud defensive lineman.

I get you are trying to get what you can, but dude...you're a free safety, not Lamar Jackson. You aint even a top 5 safety. Sign the damn deal and get over yourself.

Sorry but I'm just over this dude.
(07-15-2022, 03:19 PM)J24 Wrote: I honestly don't have a problem with anything Bates is doing. The problem is fully guaranteed money and the Bengals are not even offering him fair money according to Rappaport. Bengals guaranteed money 16.5 compared to other top safeties who are making in the mid thirties.

You wouldn't have a problem with Bates eventually sitting out games like he's "claiming" he's going to do? 

Sorry, but if he misses games after being tagged then it's a clown move. 
This is all just posturing. Lots of players say the same thing, but they all end up playing. Bates might sit out training camp, but he will play in the regular season.

And as much as I like Dax Hill, we have no guarantee he will be any good. At least not in his rookie season. We are a legit Super Bowl contender this year. We can't take that for granted. We need Jessie back there this year. Even if we could work out a sign-and-trade there is no way I would do it for draft picks. We need players NOW.
(07-15-2022, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is all just posturing. Lots of players say the same thing, but they all end up playing. Bates might sit out training camp, but he will play in the regular season.

And as much as I like Dax Hill, we have no guarantee he will be any good.  At least not in his rookie season.  We are a legit Super Bowl contender this year.  We can't take that for granted. We need Jessie back there this year.  Even if we could work out a sign-and-trade there is no way I would do it for draft picks.  We need players NOW.

I agree with everything you said, but him even saying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 
(07-15-2022, 03:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree with everything you said, but him even saying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

If it makes you feel any better Jessie has actually never said anything like that.  

It always comes from his agent.
(07-15-2022, 03:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You wouldn't have a problem with Bates eventually sitting out games like he's "claiming" he's going to do? 

Sorry, but if he misses games after being tagged then it's a clown move. 

It's a business  if teams can cut a guy for know reason then players (who are not signed) do not have to show up.
J24

A mediocre safety, who was lucky to be tagged, is now planning to sit out and forego 12Mill in protest of a larger contract.

yeah, lets sign this guy to a long term deal!
I don't know if Bates will play or not. If he signs his tag plays and plays like we've seen in the past he is a potential double franchise tag candidate because the second tag will still be less than top of the chart safety money. If he doesn't play that pretty much forces Cincinnati to let him walk in 2023 (but potentially costing him money in the long run).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(07-15-2022, 03:38 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't know if Bates will play or not. If he signs his tag plays and plays like we've seen in the past he is a potential double franchise tag candidate because the second tag will still be less than top of the chart safety money. If he doesn't play that pretty much forces Cincinnati to let him walk in 2023 (but potentially costing him money in the long run).

He most likely signs the tender with both sides agreeing to no tag next season. 
J24