Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bates To Falcons
Maybe I’m reading too much into Bates’ Farewell, but not one mention of thanks to Zac. He played for Zac’s team as long (or longer) as he did on Marvin’s team.

Maybe something. Maybe nothing!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 01:08 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Maybe I’m reading too much into Bates’ Farewell, but not one mention of thanks to Zac.  He played for Zac’s team as long (or longer) as he did on Marvin’s team.

Maybe something.  Maybe nothing!

Yes, you're reading too much into it. He mentions no names at all. None. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 01:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, you're reading too much into it. He mentions no names at all. None. 

You sure about that? This is what I saw/read…

"The Bengals drafted me in 2018 at 21 years old, making my dream a reality. Thank you to the Brown family, M. Lewis, and Rob for believing in me before anyone else did. Thank you to everyone who plays a role in the organization, from Katie Blackburn to the flight attendants, cafe ladies, etc. Forever thankful.

"To my teammates, we forever set a new standard for the Bengals organization. You all know what's up; I don't gotta say much. Proud to say I was a part of something special. We made historical memories & bonds that'll last us a lifetime & last to the WhoDey nation. Thank you for loving my family & me throughout our five years. It's been real. 30 OUT"

No mention of Lou or Zac, but thanked Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 01:54 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: You sure about that?  This is what I saw/read…

"The Bengals drafted me in 2018 at 21 years old, making my dream a reality. Thank you to the Brown family, M. Lewis, and Rob for believing in me before anyone else did. Thank you to everyone who plays a role in the organization, from Katie Blackburn to the flight attendants, cafe ladies, etc. Forever thankful.

"To my teammates, we forever set a new standard for the Bengals organization. You all know what's up; I don't gotta say much. Proud to say I was a part of something special. We made historical memories & bonds that'll last us a lifetime & last to the WhoDey nation. Thank you for loving my family & me throughout our five years. It's been real. 30 OUT"

No mention of Lou or Zac, but thanked Marvin.

The context is the Brown family, M. Lewis, and Rob are who drafted him and gave him the opportunity to play in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 01:57 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The context is the Brown family, M. Lewis, and Rob are who drafted him and gave him the opportunity to play in the NFL.

He thanks the “cafe ladies and the flight attendants” but no thanks for Lou or Zac.

I don’t think Jessie was a fan of this coaching staff!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 05:43 PM)pally Wrote:

Very cool
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 07:54 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: He thanks the “cafe ladies and the flight attendants” but no thanks for Lou or Zac.

you're reaching, The current staff helped him get a nice payday.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 07:54 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: He thanks the “cafe ladies and the flight attendants” but no thanks for Lou or Zac.

[Image: rolling-eyes.gif]

Reply/Quote

"Thank you to everyone who plays a role in the organization" Rolleyes

As I said, you're reaching.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote