Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before Everybody Jumps Ship
1. The Panthers are a good team
2. The Panthers don't lose in Carolina
3. The Bengals maybe don't match up that well with Panthers college type offense.
4. The Bengals were in this game down one score up to the last minutes and that field goal.
5. The Bengals start 3 out of first 4 games on the road, so a loss somewhere was expected.
6. I think the 2018 Bengals are a team that gets better under new coaches as season goes along.
7. The Bengals will end week 3 in First Place in AFC North with tie breaker over Ravens.
8. I think Bengals match up better with pocket QB Ryan next week than Cam who can kill a pass rush.
9. Other AFC North teams will lose to Panthers
10. If you don't go 16-0, at least this loss is not AFC North or even AFC in wild card setback.

So Bengals didn't win, but there was NO QUIT. That may not mean Jack to some on here, but NO QUIT is very important part of any form of football from pee wee on up. The game was close up to the last minutes. When they stripped the ball from Cam late in game, had Bengals fell on the fumble near goal line, but they didn't. As I said before game on predictions thread, If I was a gambler I would have bet on Panthers, but I'm not a gambler and a Bengals Fan. I DO NOT see this as a team we should have beat easy, far from it.

Bengals are still in First Place. I'm rooting for Tampa to beat Steelers Monday Night. Then rooting for Bengals to get a tough road win in Atlanta. If Bengals win 1 of the 2 NFC South road games, and go 3-1 start in First Place, that's a good start.

11. Bengals will be getting Burfict & injured players back
12. Bengals still have 7 home games in THE JUNGLE due to 3 of first 4 games on the road.

NO QUIT. GO FIRST PLACE BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
That’s fair Wink
Reply/Quote
Agreed. I can handle a loss. What pisses me off was the seemingly dismissive way the defense went down. That offensive line manhandled a rested Bengals squad.

All your points are valid, but I hope the National Media calling them Bungles, and saying that they knew better to believe in them all week pisses them off (like it did Buffalo, who shows that it isn't all about talent, but guts and nuts matter). I also hope they get their asses kicked at practice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We weren't going 16-0, and after some of the losses yesterday from other teams this one really isn't bad. There are questions on the defense, but at least there are obvious personnel improvements on the way in terms of Brown and Burfict. The offense has been pretty good and Boyd and Eiffert look to be legit options in the passing games. Mixon should be back in a week or two to help out. The O line is still an issue, but honestly I think based on what an average O line looks like today in the NFL we are about in that range.

Bottom line, we lost it sucks we move on. Coming into the year I feel like most people thought we'd got 2-2 maybe 3-1 during this stretch so we are still on pace.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 04:06 AM)kevin Wrote: 1. The Panthers are a good team
2. The Panthers don't lose in Carolina
3. The Bengals maybe don't match up that well with Panthers college type offense.
4. The Bengals were in this game down one score up to the last minutes and that field goal.
5. The Bengals start 3 out of first 4 games on the road, so a loss somewhere was expected.
6. I think the 2018 Bengals are a team that gets better under new coaches as season goes along.
7. The Bengals will end week 3 in First Place in AFC North with tie breaker over Ravens.
8. I think Bengals match up better with pocket QB Ryan next week than Cam who can kill a pass rush.  
9. Other AFC North teams will lose to Panthers
10. If you don't go 16-0, at least this loss is not AFC North or even AFC in wild card setback.  

So Bengals didn't win, but there was NO QUIT. That may not mean Jack to some on here, but NO QUIT is very important part of any form of football from pee wee on up.  The game was close up to the last minutes. When they stripped the ball from Cam late in game, had Bengals fell on the fumble near goal line, but they didn't. As I said before game on predictions thread, If I was a gambler I would have bet on Panthers, but I'm not a gambler and a Bengals Fan.  I DO NOT see this as a team we should have beat easy, far from it.

Bengals are still in First Place. I'm rooting for Tampa to beat Steelers Monday Night. Then rooting for Bengals to get a tough road win in Atlanta. If Bengals win 1 of the 2 NFC South road games, and go 3-1 start in First Place, that's a good start.

11. Bengals will be getting Burfict & injured players back
12. Bengals still have 7 home games in THE JUNGLE due to 3 of first 4 games on the road.

NO QUIT.  GO FIRST PLACE BENGALS.

Sure there was.... there was plenty of quit...… it was wearing #15.
Reply/Quote
When we get Burfict, Brown, Price, and Mixon back...this is a different team. Then everyone can get back on the ship.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I figured we were going to lose thing game so I wasn't overly surprised. But like Racer said, the defense was dominated and embarrassed all game. The only way we were winning was a shootout. Also Ross was a complete dud and should be embarrassed by how he played yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: We weren't going 16-0, and after some of the losses yesterday from other teams this one really isn't bad. There are questions on the defense, but at least there are obvious personnel improvements on the way in terms of Brown and Burfict. The offense has been pretty good and Boyd and Eiffert look to be legit options in the passing games. Mixon should be back in a week or two to help out. The O line is still an issue, but honestly I think based on what an average O line looks like today in the NFL we are about in that range.

Bottom line, we lost it sucks we move on. Coming into the year I feel like most people thought we'd got 2-2 maybe 3-1 during this stretch so we are still on pace.

ThumbsUp

I am now shifting my concerns away from the o-line and to the LB core. We desperately need Tez and Brown back in the mix. Both good run stopping LBs. But I love the no quit attitude Kevin alluded too. Some personal coming back and attitude adjustment on D this team is dangerous.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Not ready to jump ship but very disappointed with out defense all year. Way too much talent to let teams run up and down the field like they have the first 3 games. I don't know if it's the new scheme but something has to change, and quickly! Matt Ryan will carve this bunch up if we don't make some changes. Turnovers saved our butts the first couple of weeks. Can't depend on them week in and week out. I'd rather be sound and get off the field on 3rd down than hope for a turnover.

Also, disappointed in the O-line yesterday. Looked like they took a step backward. Even Cordy Glenn was continuously getting beat around the edge.

The good news is it's a long season and our dud out of the way early. Could be a lot worse, try being a Vikings fan today!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:36 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Not ready to jump ship but very disappointed with out defense all year.  Way too much talent to let teams run up and down the field like they have the first 3 games.  I don't know if it's the new scheme but something has to change, and quickly!  Matt Ryan will carve this bunch up if we don't make some changes.  Turnovers saved our butts the first couple of weeks.  Can't depend on them week in and week out.  I'd rather be sound and get off the field on 3rd down than hope for a turnover.

Also, disappointed in the O-line yesterday.  Looked like they took a step backward.  Even Cordy Glenn was continuously getting beat around the edge.

The good news is it's a long season and our dud out of the way early.  Could be a lot worse, try being a Vikings fan today!

Or the vaunted Pats  :andy:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 07:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  I can handle a loss.  What pisses me off was the seemingly dismissive way the defense went down.  That offensive line manhandled a rested Bengals squad.  

All your points are valid, but I hope the National Media calling them Bungles, and saying that they knew better to believe in them all week pisses them off (like it did Buffalo, who shows that it isn't all about talent, but guts and nuts matter).  I also hope they get their asses kicked at practice.

Absolutely..We've seen this supposedly good/great DL play like this far more over the past couple seasons than we need to.....LB play was terrible, too....Next time the bungles draft a LB in the 1st round it will be the first one in over a decade....Yes, they were down a couple LB's in Brown and, obviously, VB but this defense looked like they were still in HS...

There is no way in hell that AD ( he played a pretty darn good game overall as 2 of the picks really can't be blamed on him) can trade scores with a team for 60 minutes especially without any real game and without AJ..
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:42 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Absolutely..We've seen this supposedly good/great DL play like this far more over the past couple seasons than we need to.....LB play was terrible, too....Next time the bungles draft a LB in the 1st round it will be the first one in over a decade....Yes, they were down a couple LB's in Brown and, obviously, VB but this defense looked like they were still in HS...

There is no way in hell that AD ( he played a pretty darn good game overall as 2 of the picks really can't be blamed on him) can trade scores with a team for 60 minutes especially without any real game and without AJ..

Turn in your man card, we don't use that word around here.   Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:46 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Turn in your man card, we don't use that word around here.   Whatever

Well, I'm assuming you at least agreed with every other word in the post..........lmao
Reply/Quote
It was definitely a frustrating game to watch. Our defence getting man handled, all the freaking injuries, and it seemed like all the bounces went their way. Valid points though. I hope we can bounce back next game. 3-1 would be amazing with two back to back tough road games.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:49 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Well, I'm assuming you at least agreed with every other word in the post..........lmao

Well...I plead the 5th.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
With no Burfict, No Preston and no Mixon and Price for this game, I was not expecting to win.

The Bengals actually played them closer than I thought they would.

Getting out of this 4 game stretch 2-2 would be an accomplishment, imo. So the chance of going 3-1 is just gravy as far as I'm concerned.

This team is good. We'll get it together.

Just stop throwing to John Ross.
Reply/Quote
As has been said, our defense didn't match up well with their offense. I'm not too worried about it as A- the Bengals stayed in the game and B- there's not many offenses built like Carolina's.

If I had to throw a C in there, it would be that we were going to have to lose to someone; at least this one wasn't to a team in the N.
Reply/Quote
We played a relatively ugly game, without RB1/WR1/C/2 LBs, and kept it respectable

It was a good game, you're not going to win them all. Hell, even if we drop the game to Atlanta, if you told me we'd start 2-2 I'd have taken it. Team just needs to keep grinding and getting better.
Reply/Quote
Oh C'mon .Everyone knows the sky has fallen and Chicken Little now rules the roost. Just go back and read every game day thread if you want proof of the sky falling. 
I was feeling pretty good about this game right up until somewhere around half time when it was pretty obvious that our backups in more than a few positions weren't quite up to the task against obvious pro bowlers from Carolina.  I have a hunch that a few backups won't be with this team much longer . Hopefully we don't have to go through the full season with primarily backups playing in too many key positions.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:42 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Absolutely..We've seen this supposedly good/great DL play like this far more over the past couple seasons than we need to.....LB play was terrible, too....Next time the bungles draft a LB in the 1st round it will be the first one in over a decade....Yes, they were down a couple LB's in Brown and, obviously, VB but this defense looked like they were still in HS...

Andy can trade scores, but not entirely by himself. I've yet to see a team comprised of just a QB against 11 guys win..The other 21 kind of have to...you know ...do their part. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote