Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Ben Can't Change The Play At The Line?!
(01-18-2018, 04:25 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You could easily add Terry Bradshaw to that list in my opinion. He was an average quarterback that won because of the Steelers curtain. I bet Ken Anderson would have won at least as many as Terry did and possibly more.

Actually I'd say the last two of his SB wins were because of the Offense and the passing game too.  Oddly enough this day in history:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't condone the behavior of any of these idiots, nor do I like it......but really, the same could be said about Pig Pen.  There's usually fire where there is smoke.  

That's the whole point of bringing up Henry (and Jones). Not in defense of Ben, but in order to show a certain someone that cheering for seedy individuals because they are on your team cuts across the whole league. But it doesn't sink in with that certain individual, he just doubles down and defends the indefensible (Jones).
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 05:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because Steelers fans try and paint it like Chris getting drunk with underage girls is even remotely as bad as raping a woman!

Here's a hint:  they're not even in the same universe.

It was a stupid decision to put himself in that situation to begin with, but he didn't take them to the movies because you can't drink at the movies, and you said if he didn't plan on hooking up with "her," which, again, he obviously didn't think they were all going to sit there and watch.

If the 18-year-old came on to him and wanted to have sex, sure, maybe he does, but, even if the other girls wanted to have sex, who's to say that he would have?  Maybe they looked too young or maybe they were fat or ugly.  There are guys who don't just sleep with anything that moves.  I know plenty of people who aren't law-abiding citizens that wouldn't have sex with underage girls.
 Well she did accuse him of rape (just like Ben) but she did decide not to press charges (just like Ben). So if you say it was because Ben paid her off (without any proof), then it must be that Henry's accuser was paid off too. It's called being consistent and intellectually honest. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 05:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because Steelers fans try and paint it like Chris getting drunk with underage girls is even remotely as bad as raping a woman!

Here's a hint:  they're not even in the same universe.

It was a stupid decision to put himself in that situation to begin with, but he didn't take them to the movies because you can't drink at the movies, and you said if he didn't plan on hooking up with "her," which, again, he obviously didn't think they were all going to sit there and watch.

If the 18-year-old came on to him and wanted to have sex, sure, maybe he does, but, even if the other girls wanted to have sex, who's to say that he would have?  Maybe they looked too young or maybe they were fat or ugly.  There are guys who don't just sleep with anything that moves.  I know plenty of people who aren't law-abiding citizens that wouldn't have sex with underage girls.

Why is he getting an 18 year old drunk to begin with? Why is he meeting minors in a hotel room? If he was only planning on meeting the 18 year old and to get her drunk, why didn't he flat out refuse to let them into the hotel room and say let's go do something else instead? You can hook up with women in many other ways besides taking them to hotel rooms and getting them drunk. The reason it's not so different between what he did and what Ben did was we don't actually know exactly what went on in that hotel room. Ben meets women at bars, Chris meets high school kids in hotels. Sorry you think it's ok for a grown ass man to give alcohol to children. Would you like a grown man to be secretly meeting with your 15 year old daughter at a hotel and getting her drunk? I guess you have no problem with it, but I would want the SOB dead. I know you seem to know all the details better than the cops, but take your dang orange and brown Bengals color glasses off and see this sick SOB for what he is. If he played for the Steelers you would say he was trying to fill them with alcohol to rape them and you would constantly make rape jokes about it every time you posted about him on here. Don't say you wouldn't because you do it now with Ben even though he was never charged with it. I'm done arguing with you because you're a hypocrite and a very dumb one at that. Chris is a douchebag and should never have been in a hotel room with underage girls by himself. I guarantee he paid them off. If you can guarantee he didn't without any facts, I can guarantee he did without any facts.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 04:25 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You could easily add Terry Bradshaw to that list in my opinion. He was an average quarterback that won because of the Steelers curtain. I bet Ken Anderson would have won at least as many as Terry did and possibly more.

Terry just happen to get hot at the right time as well.  I'm 64 and I can remember some of those SB seasons, Noll keep switching Bradshaw, Hanratty, and Gilliam during the season trying to find 'his guy'!!

I also believe if Noll had the present day Steelers team, the team would be in the AFC Championship game most of the time, and he would probably have some more championships  ... of course I'm not sure he would have coached under today's culture with some of the prima donnas and immature players on this team either!
Reply/Quote
Shocked 
Am I reading this correctly? Have Bengal fans resorted worst QB to win a Super Bowl smack? That's like the virgin making fun of his buddy for banging a girl with a big nose a crooked teeth. It's worse than rape smack.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 03:03 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You've been desperate in your attempts to defend Chris. Why is that? Even if it didn't get any further than them drinking, why would he put himself in that position to begin with? If he was just planning on hooking up with her, why wouldn't he just take her to the movies or something? If I plan on just hooking up with someone I wouldn't think, hey let's go to a hotel room and get drunk even if you're underage. That there should send red flags that the guy is a douchebag and should go to jail. What would happen if the 15, 16 or 18 year old would get behind the wheel and kill someone? What if one of these girls came on to him and wanted to have sex? Are you saying a horny 23 year old would turn it down especially considering he took them to a hotel room and filled them with alcohol? Please don't tell me you would be so naive to believe he would suddenly turn them down and become a law abiding citizen.

I think so many players are getting all this fame and fortune and too immature to handle it.  If I'm not mistaken, didn't Henry die falling off the back of a pickup his gal was driving in some kind of domestic issue?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 05:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually I'd say the last two of his SB wins were because of the Offense and the passing game too.  Oddly enough this day in history:

I loved Terry and he came from an era that didn't cater to QB's that weren't allowed to get touched. I wish the Steelers would have their Steel Curtain back. If Ben had that defense they would have like 10 Super Bowls. Those last 2 Super Bowls of Terry's reminds me of this year's Steelers where the offense has to bail out the defense. If the defense could've stopped the Jaguars once, they'd be playing the Patriots on Sunday and getting their butts handed to them. Honestly I'm glad the Steelers didn't though because I think the Jaguars defense is better suited for the Patriots offense. I hope they knock the Patriots out. If the Jaguars and Vikings go, I wouldn't mind who won. I just don't want to see the Patriots or Eagles win, although I would really root for the Eagles in that instance.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:18 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Shocked 
Am I reading this correctly? Have Bengal fans resorted worst QB to win a Super Bowl smack? That's like the virgin making fun of his buddy for banging a girl with a big nose a crooked teeth. It's worse than rape smack.  

We're trying to have a civil intelligent conversation after all the silliness we posted.  

Get your homework done, it's not Friday yet!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think so many players are getting all this fame and fortune and too immature to handle it.  If I'm not mistaken, didn't Henry die falling off the back of a pickup his gal was driving in some kind of domestic issue?

Yes, I think they said he had that CTE and was supposed to be one of the youngest players to ever get it. It's a shame though because he was very talented. I hate seeing talented players ruining their careers doing illegal stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think so many players are getting all this fame and fortune and too immature to handle it.  If I'm not mistaken, didn't Henry die falling off the back of a pickup his gal was driving in some kind of domestic issue?

Yes. 99% of them. It's interesting to see how many go broke within 5 years of retirement.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:23 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I loved Terry and he came from an era that didn't cater to QB's that weren't allowed to get touched. I wish the Steelers would have their Steel Curtain back. If Ben had that defense they would have like 10 Super Bowls. Those last 2 Super Bowls of Terry's reminds me of this year's Steelers where the offense has to bail out the defense. If the defense could've stopped the Jaguars once, they'd be playing the Patriots on Sunday and getting their butts handed to them. Honestly I'm glad the Steelers didn't though because I think the Jaguars defense is better suited for the Patriots offense. I hope they knock the Patriots out. If the Jaguars and Vikings go, I wouldn't mind who won. I just don't want to see the Patriots or Eagles win, although I would really root for the Eagles in that instance.

My wife and son are Eagles fans (wife from PA).  I guess you can't be both a Steelers and Eagles fans even though they play in different conferences.  Same as not being able to be a Cubs/White Sox or Yankees/Mets fan.

Interestingly enough though, I used to be a Browns fan when they were the only Ohio team!

Switched when Bengals came to town in 1968 because we lived 50 miles north of Cincy in Dayton.

I will also pull for Jags even though I don't like Ramsey, but I also don't like Gronkowski!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:16 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Terry just happen to get hot at the right time as well.  I'm 64 and I can remember some of those SB seasons, Noll keep switching Bradshaw, Hanratty, and Gilliam during the season trying to find 'his guy'!!

I also believe if Noll had the present day Steelers team, the team would be in the AFC Championship game most of the time, and he would probably have some more championships  ... of course I'm not sure he would have coached under today's culture with some of the prima donnas and immature players on this team either!

I would love to see how Noll would react to Bell's drama of sitting out last preseason and threatening to sit out next season. I guarantee Belichick wouldn't have put up with it either.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:29 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yes. 99% of them. It's interesting to see how many go broke within 5 years of retirement.

I think I saw about 78%!!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:30 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I would love to see how Noll would react to Bell's drama of sitting out last preseason and threatening to sit out next season. I guarantee Belichick wouldn't have put up with it either.

100% on the mark CO!  I will root against the Pats most every time but I do have a ton of respect for Billy B!  He has proven himself.  Many think without Brady he's nothing but that's a false belief.

Look at what they did they year Brady was out for the season.  11-5.

Or when he sat out the first 4 games, they went 3-1 and probably would have gone 4-0 had the Grop not gotten hurt!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:25 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yes, I think they said he had that CTE and was supposed to be one of the youngest players to ever get it. It's a shame though because he was very talented. I hate seeing talented players ruining their careers doing illegal stuff. 

I never want to see that either.  I can't stand Beckham but felt sorry for his injury.  It reminded me of Joe Theismann's injury!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: My wife and son are Eagles fans (wife from PA).  I guess you can't be both a Steelers and Eagles fans even though they play in different conferences.  Same as not being able to be a Cubs/White Sox or Yankees/Mets fan.

Interestingly enough though, I used to be a Browns fan when they were the only Ohio team!

Switched when Bengals came to town in 1968 because we lived 50 miles north of Cincy in Dayton.

I will also pull for Jags even though I don't like Ramsey, but I also don't like Gronkowski!

My sister is an Eagles fan and she's unbearable every time the Eagles are in the playoffs. I couldn't imagine how bad she would be if they won it all. I'd rather deal with that though than see the Patriots celebrating yet again. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:30 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I would love to see how Noll would react to Bell's drama of sitting out last preseason and threatening to sit out next season. I guarantee Belichick wouldn't have put up with it either.

It's going to be an interesting off season. The 'retirement' talk two days before the playoff game was disappointing. Like he's really going to do that. And why right then. If that's not a red flag that he's not a team guy, then I don't know what is. 

I like the way he plays, he's unbelievable, but my common sense tells me that it's time to part ways, even if they let him walk for nothing. They don't need that type of shit and I fully blame him for the offenses sluggish start this season. He just didn't look the same after holding out. If you're going to take a chance with a pothead, I'd almost rather take it with Bryant. Less of a financial risk if he gets caught again. I'd almost rather sign Ridley, get Connor healthy, and try to ink Bryant to a 2 to 3 year extension (he would be much cheaper than Bell). That way if he stays clean, you've got him and JJSS because you KNOW its only a matter of time before AB wants a bigger payday. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:39 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: My sister is an Eagles fan and she's unbearable every time the Eagles are in the playoffs. I couldn't imagine how bad she would be if they won it all. I'd rather deal with that though than see the Patriots celebrating yet again. 

The only two I'd be happy for on the Pats would be Billy B. and a RB named Rex Burkhead.  A hard working guy who was on the Bengals and even though he showed promise when he played, he was let go so the Pats picked him up.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 100% on the mark CO!  I will root against the Pats most every time but I do have a ton of respect for Billy B!  He has proven himself.  Many think without Brady he's nothing but that's a false belief.

Look at what they did they year Brady was out for the season.  11-5.

Or when he sat out the first 4 games, they went 3-1 and probably would have gone 4-0 had the Grop not gotten hurt!

I agree with everything. Favorite team is the Steelers and my second is whoever the Pats are playing. I've even jumped up and down and cheered for the Ravens numerous times.
That said, I do respect both BB and TB. Unreal what they do up there. I don't think that they're as dominate without TB, but they're still a really good team as long as Hoodie is patrolling the sidelines. 
Reply/Quote