Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carson: Egyptian Pyramids Built For Grain Storage, Not By Aliens Or As Tombs
http://www.buzzfeed.com/natemcdermott/ben-carson-egyptian-pyramids-built-for-grain-storage-not-by#.mbd48RL89

Quote:Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson told graduates during a commencement address in the late ’90s that he believed the pyramids in Egypt were built by the biblical figure Joseph to store grain, and not, as most archeologists contend, as tombs for pharaohs.

At the 1998 commencement for Andrews University, a school associated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church, Carson also dismissed the notion that aliens were somehow involved in the construction of the pyramids.

“My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain,” Carson said. “Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big if you stop and think about it. And I don’t think it’d just disappear over the course of time to store that much grain.”

In the Old Testament, Joseph, one of the 12 sons of Jacob, is sold into slavery in Egypt by his jealous brothers. He eventually rose to become a top aide to the Egyptian pharaoh, advising him of a dream vision he had of coming years of famine in the ancient kingdom. Joseph’s sage advice of the coming famine (and directions to store gain) helped the Egyptians survive the famine.

Carson said the design of the pyramids made clear they were for grain storage.

“And when you look at the way that the pyramids are made, with many chambers that are hermetically sealed, they’d have to be that way for various reasons. And various of scientists have said, ‘Well, you know there were alien beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that’s how—’ you know, it doesn’t require an alien being when God is with you.”

Watch the full commencement address below:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
But he operated on brains! Everything he says is genius!

....For the record: the entire Exodus story is a myth since there was never substantial Hebrew slavery in the ancient Egyptian empire.
(11-05-2015, 02:47 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: But he operated on brains! Everything he says is genius!

....For the record: the entire Exodus story is a myth since there was never substantial Hebrew slavery in the ancient Egyptian empire.

I've seen some things on that.  You would think the Egyptians had a record of it...or a lot of the things that happened during biblical times.
(11-05-2015, 03:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've seen some things on that.  You would think the Egyptians had a record of it...or a lot of the things that happened during biblical times.

Right. As much as that area has been excavated, to find absolutely nothing is pretty telling. Especially when we're talking about well over a million alleged slaves.

The truth is that there were probably some Levantine nomadic peoples who were indentured for a while in ancient Egypt and saw the great landmarks of Egypt being built. As the Hebrew ethnicity developed and Judaism was eventually founded, their stories evolved over the centuries into something like the eventual Exodus myth.
(11-05-2015, 03:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've seen some things on that.  You would think the Egyptians had a record of it...or a lot of the things that happened during biblical times.

maybe in the library of alexandra. before it was lost.
(11-05-2015, 03:13 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Right. As much as that area has been excavated, to find absolutely nothing is pretty telling. Especially when we're talking about well over a million alleged slaves.

The truth is that there were probably some Levantine nomadic peoples who were indentured for a while in ancient Egypt and saw the great landmarks of Egypt being built. As the Hebrew ethnicity developed and Judaism was eventually founded, their stories evolved over the centuries into something like the eventual Exodus myth.

Man made myths?!?!  What?!?!

Cool

(11-05-2015, 03:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: maybe in the library of alexandra. before it was lost.

Isn't it amazing how humans want to destroy things that can make everyone better in the name of personal gain?  All throughout history.  :snark:
Well I know I'm not voting for anyone for President that doesn't believe the Pyramids were built by aliens.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-05-2015, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I know I'm not voting for anyone for President that doesn't believe the Pyramids were built by aliens.

That was the least crazy thing in Carson's statement.   Smirk
(11-05-2015, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I know I'm not voting for anyone for President that doesn't believe the Pyramids were built by aliens.

Na. The only thing crazier than ancient aliens building the Pyramids is a million Jews who didn't exist building them.
(11-05-2015, 03:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Man made myths?!?!  What?!?!

Cool 

You mean like Aliens from outer space?

(11-05-2015, 04:58 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Na. The only thing crazier than ancient aliens building the Pyramids is a million Jews who didn't exist building them.

So it's more crazy to believe Jews were enslaved that it is Aliens came down here and built them?

(11-05-2015, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So it's more crazy to believe Jews were enslaved that it is Aliens came down here and built them?

It's more crazy to believe that over a million Jews were enslaved in the ancient Egyptian empire and built the Pyramids than aliens doing it, yes.

The reason being that aliens may have existed at that time. Jews did not. Not only did they not exist in Egypt at the time, they did not exist anywhere at all at the time. The religion of Judaism had not yet been founded.
(11-05-2015, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You mean like Aliens from outer space?

I think there might be just as much proof of aliens as that Joseph built the pyramids to hold grain. Mellow
(11-05-2015, 05:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think there might be just as much proof of aliens as that Joseph built the pyramids to hold grain. Mellow

Well, at least he has the Babble saying Joseph is real. Aliens would probably require the known myth of biology to exist.
Has Carson ever SEEN the design of pyramids? They're like 99% solid stone with a few tunnels and rooms. Only Halliburton on a govt contract could build something that inefficient for storing grain.
(11-05-2015, 05:18 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Has Carson ever SEEN the design of pyramids?  They're like 99% solid stone with a few tunnels and rooms.  Only Halliburton on a govt contract could build something that inefficient for storing grain.

He doesn't need to know that...he knows because "...it doesn’t require an alien being when God is with you."
(11-05-2015, 05:18 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Has Carson ever SEEN the design of pyramids?  They're like 99% solid stone with a few tunnels and rooms.  Only Halliburton on a govt contract could build something that inefficient for storing grain.

Well, maybe Carson has faith that it was an efficient design at the time, before the age of grace when everything magically changed from obvious nonsense to common sense plus zombie god-man.
In Carson's defense....if these WERE for storing grain then it explains why ancient Egypt always had grain shortages. Or maybe not.
(11-05-2015, 05:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think there might be just as much proof of aliens as that Joseph built the pyramids to hold grain. Mellow

Well I have seen the pyramids I have never seen aliens. So I'll go with there is more proof on trhe storage side.

But that's just me.

(11-05-2015, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I have seen the pyramids I have never seen aliens. So I'll go with there is more proof on trhe storage side.

But that's just me.

Have you ever seen Joseph? Because we're talking about who built the Pyramids, not their existence.