Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carson: Egyptian Pyramids Built For Grain Storage, Not By Aliens Or As Tombs
(11-08-2015, 02:35 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: There's no evidence that supports these were tombs or ever grave robbed. None. We can talk about ancient Egyptian civil war and moving Memphis, religious beliefs and surviving writings and glyph's. None of them suggest these were tombs.

Unless you guys have some actual evidence, I'm not interested in debating your opinions.  Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, but This stuff is old news to me. 

I think this is one of those times in life two people will have to agree to disagree. I've got a feeling there's nothing I can post that's going to change your mind, from the fact that many of the early graves were robbed leading later pharaohs to be buried in hidden graves (despite the pyramids/burial shrines made in their honor), to being buried in places easier to guard. 

It's like religion, you've got something contrary to evidence, but you still believe. And that I can understand. Ill stay more of an atheist on this one.

ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-08-2015, 03:51 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Mummies haven't been found in most pyramids across the world. 

But mummies have been found in some of them in egypt.

And there are empty burial sarcophagus in some of the chambers.

And the historical legends of the area indicate that they were built as burial tombs.

So stop acting like it is "rubbish" to even consider that they were built as tombs and tell us what you think they were built for.
(11-08-2015, 03:52 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I'm putting together some stuff right now. Sometime today you'll be able to read it.

Going to work now, look forward to reading it later.
Carson is going to have problems staying afloat when some of his beliefs come to light. Most of the people I know who support him are extreme hard-right voters and evangelicals. Not your garden variety ones, either. You can win a Republican primary appealing to that kind of voter. A general election will be another story. He's been an adored figure among his supporters, but it will be a test for him when he is exposed to the kind of criticism coming his way.
[Image: 12190028_1689089237973967_54352437874565...e=56C2A34E]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
[Image: fe948d66578aef427cf9658652fdb39d.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-08-2015, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: fe948d66578aef427cf9658652fdb39d.jpg]

Not at all, to be honest. Thomas Sowell, for example, is a pretty intelligent person, even though his ideas don't end up passing muster.

Has nothing to do with him being black. Carson gets goofed on around here for the same reason you do: his ideas about the  world are laughable.
(11-08-2015, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: fe948d66578aef427cf9658652fdb39d.jpg]

Nope.  I fear stupid people.

When I point out something stupid Trump says am I being reverse racist?

If I start carrying posters with references to racial stereotypes about Carson you will be right...but I have no plans to join the Tea Party any time soon.   Ninja 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-08-2015, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But mummies have been found in some of them in egypt.

And there are empty burial sarcophagus in some of the chambers.

And the historical legends of the area indicate that they were built as burial tombs.

So stop acting like it is "rubbish" to even consider that they were built as tombs and tell us what you think they were built for.

No they have not. The only reference is debatable. And it's only one mummy. The only other instance where a body was found in a pyramid was in the new world. So of the many hundreds of pyramids across the world, only two bodies were ever found and the one in Egypt is suspect. This all from memory. I'd happily look into any evidence that contradicts what I've written. 

I don't know why any of these were built. Nobody does. That's why there's so many theories. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(11-09-2015, 08:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.  I fear stupid people.

Like people always consumed by conspiracy theories? I don't fear them, I pith them. Living their lives convinced that everyone is out to get the little guy and if you don't believe it youre a sheep.
(03-26-2016, 03:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: Like people always consumed by conspiracy theories? I don't fear them, I pith them. Living their lives convinced that everyone is out to get the little guy and if you don't believe it youre a sheep.

Wow.  Old thread is old.

Anyway, not everyone is out to get the little guy.  There are always good people and always bad people.

But the bad people who have a lot of power are real too.  Plus greed is an incurable disease that can make good people do bad things.  I've seen it on too many levels personally to not believe it.
(03-26-2016, 08:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wow.  Old thread is old.

Anyway, not everyone is out to get the little guy.  There are always good people and always bad people.

But the bad people who have a lot of power are real too.  Plus greed is an incurable disease that can make good people do bad things.  I've seen it on too many levels personally to not believe it.

[Image: necro29844976_lrg.jpg]
Slaves were "immigrants" who "worked even longer, even harder for less" and had a dream that their children could pursue happiness an prosperity in America.

That's one way to romanticize the enslavement of millions of humans and centuries of forced labor.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-06-2017, 08:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Slaves were "immigrants" who "worked even longer, even harder for less" and had a dream that their children could pursue happiness an prosperity in America.

That's one way to romanticize the enslavement of millions of humans and centuries of forced labor.

"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand slavery" ~ Ben Carson
http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/look-who-else-called-slaves-immigrants

Quote:Breitbart White House Correspondent Charlie Spiering pointed out that Obama made similar comments during a naturalization ceremony in 2015.

View image on Twitter
[Image: C6Vag1rWMAQYRjZ.jpg:small]

Quote:[/url][url=https://twitter.com/charliespiering] Follow
[Image: XKbYZo_f_normal.jpeg]Charlie Spiering 

@charliespiering
Lots of nastiness directed @RealBenCarson - but in 2015 President Obama also referred to the slaves as immigrants http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=111241 
1:11 PM - 7 Mar 2017

“Certainly,” Obama said, “it wasn’t easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves. There was discrimination and hardship and poverty.”

“But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them,” he added. “And they were able to muster faith that, here in America, they might build a better life and give their children something more.”

That wasn’t the first time Obama made the comparison at a naturalization ceremony, either.
Quote:“We are a nation of immigrants,” he said in July 2012. “Unless you are one of the first Americans, a Native American, we are all descended from folks who came from someplace else — whether they arrived on the Mayflower or on a slave ship, whether they came through Ellis Island or crossed the Rio Grande.”

So Ben Carson also stole his speech.   Ninja
(03-08-2017, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/look-who-else-called-slaves-immigrants

So Ben Carson also stole his speech.   Ninja

Funny. I don't recall the outrage when Obama said it...

Good to see the oppression Olympics are back in full swing!  :andy:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]