Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
(08-15-2015, 04:57 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The old Jewish law was for a different time.  Not ours.  We are not under the law.  Christ came to fulfill the law. The best proof of that is very comparable to what you wrote above.   Christ pardoned the woman caught in adultery.   Under the law, that would have been punishable by death.  What I quoted you was not from Jewish law but a word that God gave to Jeremiah.

Is Jeremiah OT or NT?

Oops, someone beat me to it.
(08-15-2015, 05:01 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It appears to be by this verse that the soul is created first by God.  

Does that means life is present before conception? Yes or no.
(08-15-2015, 05:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is Jeremiah OT or NT?

Oops, someone beat me to it.

I already said this, but the law is in the first 5 books of the OT.  Jeremiah is not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-15-2015, 05:06 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: As I explained above, what was quoted to me was from the old Jewish laws.  The law is in the first 5 books of the Old Testament.  Jeremiah is not.   What I quoted had nothing to do with the law.  It was a word from God to Jeremiah about his creation.

Wasn't what you quoted was god laying down the law to Jeremiah?
(08-15-2015, 05:27 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I already said this, but the law is in the first 5 books of the OT.  Jeremiah is not.

Oh, so you only ignore the first 5 books of the OT?
(08-15-2015, 05:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: But what if they don't believe any god can make a law?  Old or new, or newish in the old?

God is not affected by what mere man does or does not believe.  And He is also not sitting in Heaven worrying about whether a man believes in Him or not.  He is the all powerful, all knowing, all seeing creator of the Universe.  
(08-15-2015, 05:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oh, so you only ignore the first 5 books of the OT?

That was the old Jewish law which is contained within the first 5 books of the OT, starting with the time of Moses. Jesus fulfilled that law, as evidenced by his pardoning the woman caught in adultery.  If he was still following the law in that way, he would not have stopped her being put to death.  He came to fulfill that law by his sacrifice. His sacrifice fulfilled the law.
(08-15-2015, 05:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wasn't what you quoted was god laying down the law to Jeremiah?

Not at all.  He was telling Jeremiah that he knew him before he was created. That has nothing to do with the Jewish law.    The Jewish law, or Torah, was a set of rules that were set up for them to follow back when they were still wandering in the desert.  It was not for us.
(08-15-2015, 05:32 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: That was the old Jewish law.  Jesus fulfilled that law, as evidenced by his pardoning the woman caught in adultery.  If he was still following the law in that way, he would not have stopped her being put to death.  He came to fulfill that law by his sacrifice.  His sacrifice fulfilled the law.

And god couldn't fulfill the law any other way than by sending himself on a suicide mission?

Do you ignore Genesis because it is one of the first 5 books you ignore?
(08-15-2015, 05:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Not at all.  He was telling Jeremiah that he knew him before he was created. That has nothing to do with the Jewish law.    The Jewish law, or Torah, was a set of rules that were set up for them to follow back when they were still wandering in the desert.  It was not for us.

Did you read the rest of Jeremiah?  Tell me what you think Jeremiah is about.
(08-15-2015, 05:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Did you read the rest of Jeremiah?  Tell me what you think Jeremiah is about.

I have read the entire Bible from front to back twice.  Plus many many scripture readings and study over my 50 years.  Jeremiah is a prophet.  His book was one of the prophetic books.  
(08-15-2015, 05:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And god couldn't fulfill the law any other way than by sending himself on a suicide mission?

Do you ignore Genesis because it is one of the first 5 books you ignore?

God provided his Son as a sacrifice.  That was the way He decided to provide.  Only He knows why He chose that way.  That's why Jesus is called The Way.  "I am the way, the truth, and the life. (John 14:6).  No man comes unto the Father but by me."  The reason he said that is because He was the living sacrifice for our sins. All we have to do is accept that sacrifice and follow Him.  
(08-15-2015, 05:50 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I have read the entire Bible from front to back twice.  Plus many many scripture readings and study over my 50 years.  Jeremiah is a prophet.  His book was one of the prophetic books.  

I know who he was and what he was. He was a prophet to whom?  The Israelites, correct?  And what was god's message?  Tell the Israelites to straighten up and fly right hossfly or I'll squish you, right?  So how does that apply, but the first 5 books don't?
(08-15-2015, 05:54 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: God provided his Son as a sacrifice.  That was the way He decided to provide.  Only He knows why He chose that way.  That's why Jesus is called The Way.  "I am the way, the truth, and the life. (John 14:6).   No man comes unto the Father but by me."  The reason he said that is because He was the living sacrifice for our sins. All we have to do is accept that sacrifice and follow Him.  

So God sent himself on a suicide mission to fulfill the law. Why did the law need to be fulfilled?
[Image: 41d88dd656d8f7128adadf3836456f9d043e1d51...0e3a07.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-15-2015, 06:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So God sent himself on a suicide mission to fulfill the law. Why did the law need to be fulfilled?

Following the law didn't permanently cover sins.   We could not enter the Kingdom of Heaven just by following the law.  Animal sacrifice was also a temporary way to cover sins.  Jesus was sent to provide a permanent sacrifice to cover all of our sins, past and present, and make it possible for us to enter Heaven.  That's why He's called The Way.
(08-15-2015, 06:26 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Following the law didn't permanently cover sins.   We could not enter the Kingdom of Heaven just by following the law.  Animal sacrifice was also a temporary way to cover sins.  Jesus was sent to provide a permanent sacrifice to cover all of our sins, past and present, and make it possible for us to enter Heaven.  That's why He's called The Way.

So heaven was empty until Jesus died because no one could get in?
(08-15-2015, 01:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nobody cares, there's a huge difference.  Everyone who drives a Volkswagen is a huge Adolf Hitler fan, it's true.

Yeah it's always better to bury your head in the sand and go along to get along.

Since you brought up a hitler reference. That's exactly what the german people did when it came to concentration camps. They buried their heads in the sand and pretended to not know what was really happening.
(08-15-2015, 04:57 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The old Jewish law was for a different time.  Not ours.  We are not under the law.  Christ came to fulfill the law. The best proof of that is very comparable to what you wrote above.   Christ pardoned the woman caught in adultery.   Under the law, that would have been punishable by death.  What I quoted you was not from Jewish law but a word that God gave to Jeremiah.

So, it was okay to kill women for not screaming when a man forces intercourse upon them only in the old days.

Rock On
(08-15-2015, 06:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So heaven was empty until Jesus died because no one could get in?

Not empty.  God and Angels.  But man was not in heaven until Jesus died.