Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bench AJ start Ross
Did I really just say that ?

Seriously as bad as I hate it, I think AJ is done. Yes I know he had a DPI or two on his plays today but it's not just those plays. He's lost a step and a half and just can't get back in the saddle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nah, offense has looked far better without Ross regardless. If anything, give Mike Thomas more snaps.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Did I really just say that ?

Seriously as bad as I hate it, I think AJ is done. Yes I know he had a DPI or two on his plays today but it's not just those plays. He's lost a step and a half and just can't get back in the saddle.

Why would you want to start a guy who’s worse than AJ? Starting Tate or Thomas would make more sense than Ross but AJs starting. He’s making tons of $ and he’s still a player the other teams will focus on (just no as much as in years past)

Ross can’t catch. I see no reason to bring him or AJ back next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Nah, offense has looked far better without Ross regardless. If anything, give Mike Thomas more snaps.

I'm 100% teasing about Ross, should have made that more clear. Yes start Thomas, Tate, anybody except AJ and Ross. They should be like 5th and 6th WR's.
Reply/Quote

While DPI for sure should have been called on that play on the sideline where AJ got his hand dinged up, I agree that the AJ of old would have Left Hand caught that pass.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Why would you want to start a guy who’s worse than AJ?  Starting Tate or Thomas would make more sense than Ross but AJs starting. He’s making tons of $ and he’s still a player the other teams will focus on (just no as much as in years past)

Ross can’t catch. I see no reason to bring him or AJ back next year.

I agree, should have made the Ross part more clear as a joke.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm 100% teasing about Ross, should have made that more clear. Yes start Thomas, Tate, anybody except AJ and Ross. They should be like 5th and 6th WR's.

AJ still has value as a #3. Treat Higgins as #1, keep depending on Boyd and things will open up for AJ. He hasn’t seen his last days quite yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Nah, offense has looked far better without Ross regardless. If anything, give Mike Thomas more snaps.

The team screwed the pooch by not trading him when he had some value. I could have sworn he tweaked something or pulled a John Ross on that deep pass early in game. Looked funny to me....no effort or just was injured somehow? 
to think what they could have done with that 18M for the Oline and D line. 
I seriously dont think he's worth more than a 5th rounder at this point
Lets bring in Antonio Brown! LOL and let him seek revenge on Pitt.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While DPI for sure should have been called on that play on the sideline where AJ got his hand dinged up, I agree that the AJ of old would have Left Hand caught that pass.

Yup

I just don't think AJ is ever gonna get back to even being half of what he was.
Reply/Quote
He does look bad now. But I suspect he’ll improve as the weeks pass.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Uh...no
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:15 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He does look bad now. But I suspect he’ll improve as the weeks pass.

Here's to hoping, but I'm not holding my breathe.  He doesn't look good.  At least he's not the AJ we're used to seeing.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

I just don't think AJ is ever gonna get back to even being half of what he was.

If the line can hold up like it did today, I can see him getting 500 yards and 4 TDs... But I agree; I think the AJ Green of old may be gone forever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:18 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Here's to hoping, but I'm not holding my breathe.  He doesn't look good.  At least he's not the AJ we're used to seeing.  

That man is gone. But 80.% AJ is better than most.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

AJ is one of my all-time favorites, but man, the fact that he's got so little to show for the number of times he's been targeted is concerning. He's still looks kind of sluggish and out of sync to me, and he's missing passes that used to be catches.
Reply/Quote
Sadly I’m about 99% sure it’s not just rust at this point. He looks done.

I get that he’s probably lost a step (or two) but you would think he’d still be able to get open once in a awhile with good route running. But he has a DB draped all over him the entire game anymore.

Reply/Quote
What troubles me about AJ is the lack of respect he's getting from the zebras. DBs are being allowed to grab his hands and arms before the ball gets there with no fear of PI. I'm talking multiple times on potential big plays, some of them being TDs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's done... quit trying to make excuses for the man. I know it hurts.. I'm right there with you.

He can't get separation and his hands have never been that elite.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:25 PM)McC Wrote: What troubles me about AJ is the lack of respect he's getting from the zebras.  DBs are being allowed to grab his hands and arms before the ball gets there with no fear of PI.  I'm talking multiple times on potential big plays, some of them being TDs.

Absolutely. No respect at all from the refs. Multiple bad calls missed/called this year.
Reply/Quote
It's not like he's out of shape. He's just not young any more.
Reply/Quote