Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever"
(10-28-2019, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He might be the most impactful player in the college game.  But he might also turn out to be another Jadaveon Clowney or Justin Smith.  Let me phrase it like this, in picks 6-10, I love the Chase Young pick, in picks 1-5 I'd rather see a QB.  (as far as the Bengals go, anyway)  However, either way it turns out, I think that we're all just wasting our breath in here; as I have zero confidence that the team management will commit to a rebuild effort, and take the necessary steps to acquire the free agents and draft capital needed to pull off a successful rebuild.

Yeah QB. Tackle. Towards 4-5 IF there is a dominant WR you go there.

I see a new Mock with Young going 5.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He might be the most impactful player in the college game.  But he might also turn out to be another Jadaveon Clowney or Justin Smith.  Let me phrase it like this, in picks 6-10, I love the Chase Young pick, in picks 1-5 I'd rather see a QB.  (as far as the Bengals go, anyway)  However, either way it turns out, I think that we're all just wasting our breath in here; as I have zero confidence that the team management will commit to a rebuild effort, and take the necessary steps to acquire the free agents and draft capital needed to pull off a successful rebuild.

Guys, we need to stop this narrative.  I might be skeptical that they change their M.O. after all this time, either.  But we are on here to discuss things that we hope can happen to turn this around.  They have got to see the empty stands.  If it was ever going to happen, it is now.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Need or BPA is the eternal question. Very rarely do the correlate and up being the same player. I think we couldnt go wrong with Tua, Chase Young or Joe Burrow if were picking in the second spot but i think we will end up having the overall number one pick.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I get why a lot of Bengals fans want Chase Young. He has ideal measurables. He's now had multiple seasons with double-digit sacks and could even hit 20 this season. He also plays for many fans' favorite college team, so they've watched about every game of his to see his dominance first-hand.

With that said, a DE doesn't have as much of an impact as a franchise QB or LT IMO. If there's a generational QB or OT available, I take that over Young IMO. But I would still be very happy with the Young pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Chase Young this year whTever QB in 2021. Young is that good. Might be better than Bosa.
Reply/Quote
DE Ohio State. Would this make anybody care about next year or this team at all if the Bengals somehow ended up with Chase Young on their opening day roster next year?

I know this will not happen for many reasons, primarily because its probably the best football decision you can probably make when that day comes and we are talking about a Brown family football organization.
[Image: 5Lx1vqY]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 01:07 PM)xEGDx Wrote: DE Ohio State.  Would this make anybody care about next year or this team at all if the Bengals somehow ended up with Chase Young on their opening day roster next year?

I know this will not happen for many reasons, primarily because its probably the best football decision you can probably make when that day comes and we are talking about a Brown family football organization.

With our luck, he'll be IR for his first season. Thread lightly.
Reply/Quote
Would be a tough choice with the available QB's on the board, but I would approve of if they went that way.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 01:25 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: With our luck, he'll be IR for his first season. Thread lightly.

[Image: i-see-half-of-what-you-did-there-nick-fury.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I debate in my mind the best of what could happen for this team.  

1.  This team has never drafted great.  I mean that sincerely.  We hit occasionally, but with so many high picks, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.  Chase Young should be the only consideration since this team will certainly get the first pick.  We're worse than the Dolphins..  that's truth.  I don't believe that a first round QB is our answer with no line.  At the same time, find a way to unload Dunlap- great guy, just need to clean up the cash situation to allow #2 to happen.

2.  Dalton goes and we should do our best to get a sign and trade for Cam Newton.  I have always been behind Andy.  If you're not going to put a solid line in front of him, he can't win.  He's not a mobile QB.  That's all there is to say.  Unless Finley shocks the world (mind you  many were advocating that he was horrible in the pre-season and needed to be cut in favor of our 3rd string Dolegala).  I just don't see this being our future, but it'd be great to be wrong and not need to sign a solid QB.  Mind you, I have NEVER been a Cam fan.   Never.  He's way better than anyone we've had since Essiason though.  Even knowing he is an occasional injury risk.

3.  Focus of O-Line is critical.  Cuts need to be made and focus in FA needs to happen.  Likely won't, but needs to happen.  Even if the line was stabilized, Dalton goes, he deserves better and the system/fans have already written him off.

4.  Draft beyond Chase young should be LB, OL and Safeties.  

5.  AJ Green Stays.  You really can't let him go after you let the trade deadline pass- assuming anyone even tried to get him.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
We have so many needs that we need sure things. The hit rate on QB's is lower.

But, they basically exiled Andy...so they've forced their hand on QB.
Reply/Quote
Chase young,first round pick,I would love it.But we need to be patient and see what we have in Finley and Dolegala before we even think about doing anything else.
Reply/Quote
I'm still a fan of building the trenches, once complete trading up for a qb in the 10 range. Seems to be the best route as to not throw a rookie QB to the wolves. So young or Thomas 1 overall won't win us more games next year but gives me hope they are moving in the right direction.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Unless Finley completely sucks, I wouldn’t hate this at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 01:07 PM)xEGDx Wrote: DE Ohio State. Would this make anybody care about next year or this team at all if the Bengals somehow ended up with Chase Young on their opening day roster next year?

Absolutely Not! How does this help the OL, LB and more than likely the QB position we are about to be in. Very few DE’s if any are game changers, this guy would have to be a pro bowl player from day one. We can’t even draft a starter in the first. We can’t just ignore team needs because we’re afraid to take a gamble in a player of need over what I consider a luxury pick. Any other draft I would be fine with Young, I just don’t think we have the luxury to make this pick at this time. Every year for the past several years we complain about the Oline and LBers even saying the first couple picks need to be Oline, LB or both, then everyone gets enamored over some player at a different position only to repeat this nightmare. Young in the first would be like Ross all over again. Fix the damn Oline/LBers already.

Of course this is just my opinion, Young could be a stud or a bust just as well as any other player we pick. I know our Dline has sucked just as bad this year, But I still would prefer to concentrate on the bigger issues with this team.
Reply/Quote
With the absolute joke of a coaching staff we currently have i don't think it really matters.

Reply/Quote
I think with a fairly week roster you have to go BPA in every round. I don't care what position. The next 2-3 drafts have to be BPA if we don't use free agency. This will be the only way to rebuild with top talent under this shit show front office.
Reply/Quote
I could see the Bengals going after Young or Thomas and skipping QB in round 1. Especially if someone picks Burrow ahead of them, which given this team's history could very well happen.

I think Taylor really likes Finley and Jake.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Chase Young is WHY they are now playing Finley.

They want to get know that he is capable of being the future, otherwise they cannot justify taking Young...
Reply/Quote
If they get the number 1 pick, I would seriously consider trading down. I wouldn’t trade down lower than about pick 5 though. What could they get? Pick 5 and a 2nd Rounder?
Reply/Quote