Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengal Injury update
(01-26-2023, 12:20 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote:   It's going to be super cold though, so I hope we can get a few (clean) hits on him that aren't intended to injure him further but also make him miserable. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe Goodberry posted some good info about the OL pressures allowed vs the Chiefs.

Alex Cappa has played two games against Chris Jones in his career, giving up a total of just two total pressures.
Max Scharping has started three games against Chris Jones in his career, giving up just four total pressures.

Jonah Williams played three games against the Chiefs over the last two years.
He allowed 4 pressures and a sack in the Week 17 game last year but allowed just one total pressure in the two games against the Chiefs after that.

Adeniji and Carman were absolutely atrocious against the Chiefs last year when they were playing RG. (Luckily, neither is playing that spot this time around).
Carman allowed six total pressures in 20 pass block snaps that game.
Adeniji allowed three total pressures in 24 pass block snaps that game.
In total, the RG spot allowed 9 pressures that game(!!!)

So what are my takeaways with this information?
Hopefully Carman and Adeniji perform better outside this time around than they did last year playing inside. They got manhandled.
It'd be great to have Cappa back, but Scharping might be a quality fill-in to handle Chris Jones.
While some are up and down on Jonah Williams, he might still be the better (or at least less risky) option at LT if he's healthy enough to play without limitation.
I have confidence this postseason clash will have a better OL performance than last year's, overall.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sharping is a huge man.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Goodberry posted some good info about the OL pressures allowed vs the Chiefs.

Alex Cappa has played two games against the Chris Jones in his career, giving up a total of just two total pressures.
Max Scharping has started three games against Chris Jones in his career, giving up just four total pressures.

He allowed 4 pressures and a sack in the Week 17 game last year but allowed just one total pressure in the two games against the Chiefs after that.

Adeniji and Carman were absolutely atrocious against the Chiefs last year when they were playing RG. (Luckily, neither is playing that spot this time around).

Hopefully Carman and Adeniji perform better outside this time around than they did last year playing inside. They got manhandled.
It'd be great to have Cappa back, but Scharping might be a quality fill-in to handle Chris Jones.
While some are up and down on Jonah Williams, he might still be the better (or at least less risky) option at LT if he's healthy enough to play without limitation.
I have confidence this postseason clash will have a better OL performance than last year's, overall.

We also are catching Jones playing at maybe the best level he has been playing.. it will be a tall assignment with passing and running but if we can keep him away from creating a turnover we can live with giving up some pressure and a sack
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Just watched that movie last week.  Ha ha!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:20 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Yes, he came back out and played but he couldn't put any weight on it at all without being in what appeared to be severe pain. We all know he'll play and probably play well, but none of the videos we've seen show him making any lateral movement at all. From what I've read about HAS's moving forward at a normal walking pace is fairly pain free, but when you start trying to cut laterally is when the pain factor escalates.  

That said, the guys are right, they'll shoot him up and tape him up nice and tight and he'll play.  It's going to be super cold though, so I hope we can get a few (clean) hits on him that aren't intended to injure him further but also make him miserable. 

You missed my point entirely......

I realize they couldn't do proper treatment at half time of the game he got injured, but the three pro bowl line were all dismissing ANY chance he wouldn't play and effectively as with the injection, he would have  little to no pain.  Maybe it will affect a QB differently, but these guys were scoffing at the importance of the injury due to modern treatment and medication.

Just sharing a thought....didn't need a lecture.
Reply/Quote
no Cappa or Williams again today. Alex is there in street clothes watching

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 03:58 PM)pally Wrote: no Cappa or Williams again today.  Alex is there in street clothes watching

Thanks for the update. Was hoping for Cappa, but it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Goodberry posted some good info about the OL pressures allowed vs the Chiefs.

Alex Cappa has played two games against Chris Jones in his career, giving up a total of just two total pressures.

This is where people are gonna wish Jonah was healthy

He absolutely steps up and holds it down against KC
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 03:58 PM)pally Wrote: no Cappa or Williams again today.  Alex is there in street clothes watching

How about Flowers? 

Cappa was never gonna play before the SB in my mind.  Jonah either.  

But Flowers is realistic. More so from ZT's comments the other day. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 04:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This is where people are gonna wish Jonah was healthy

He absolutely steps up and holds it down against KC

Well, that's not the case, so we're stuck with Carmen, Adeniji at OT,  and Scharping at ROG.  I think these guys can handle it.  There's a great article from Frank Pollack regarding Carmen and he has been quietly having him train as Jonah's replacement all year.   I think we're going to see that extra work payoff again this weekend. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:19 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Well, that's not the case, so we're stuck with Carmen, Adeniji at OT,  and Scharping at ROG.  I think these guys can handle it.  There's a great article from Frank Pollack regarding Carmen and he has been quietly having him train as Jonah's replacement all year.   I think we're going to see that extra work payoff again this weekend. 

Did the article say anything about Carman?
Reply/Quote
did not practice

Alex Cappa-ankle
Jonah Williams-knee

Zac did not commit one way or the other on the status od these guys.

LP
Joe Bachie-foot
and in a downgrade from yesterday
Hayden Hurst-calf...hope it is really more rest than injury

Full Practice
Tre Flower-hamstring...this is good, his height will come in handy against Kelce

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:29 PM)pally Wrote: did not practice

Alex Cappa-ankle
Jonah Williams-knee

LP
Joe Bachie-foot

Full Practice
Tre Flower-hamstring...this is good, his height will come in handy against Kelce

Don't love Hurst popping up. Nope not one bit. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Don't love Hurst popping up. Nope not one bit. 

Me, either. We have zero pass catching threats at TE beyond him. And the calf was what kept him out before.

Hopefully just being cautious. But Wilcox & Asiasi played alot of snaps last week. Hurst 38, Wilcox 34, Asiasi 14. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:19 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Well, that's not the case, so we're stuck with Carmen, Adeniji at OT,  and Scharping at ROG.  I think these guys can handle it.  There's a great article from Frank Pollack regarding Carmen and he has been quietly having him train as Jonah's replacement all year.   I think we're going to see that extra work payoff again this weekend. 

That's very good to hear about Carman being quietly trained as Jonah's replacement all year.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 07:35 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Me, either. We have zero pass catching threats at TE beyond him. And the calf was what kept him out before.

Hopefully just being cautious. But Wilcox & Asiasi played alot of snaps last week. Hurst 38, Wilcox 34, Asiasi 14. 

Wilcox, though he was targeted a couple of times, and Asiasi were in mainly as blockers not receivers

Reply/Quote
Flowers needs to play.

Love me some CTB (!) but Kelce is too big, strong and experienced.

Mismatch IMHO
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:29 PM)pally Wrote: did not practice

Alex Cappa-ankle
Jonah Williams-knee

LP
Joe Bachie-foot

Full Practice

Flower is probably the most important player to get back because he is a tall lanky safety that can cover Kelsey.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: Flowers needs to play.

Love me some CTB (!) but Kelce is too big, strong and experienced.

Mismatch IMHO

CTB wouldn't cover Kelce anyway hes an outside corner he'll cover Juju and Valdez-Scantling 

Cigar
Reply/Quote