Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengal Injury update
(01-26-2023, 08:44 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: CTB wouldn't cover Kelce anyway hes an outside corner he'll cover Juju and Valdez-Scantling 

Got it. Thx.

Who will cover Kelce
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: Got it. Thx.

Who will cover Kelce

Taylor Mays?   Ninja
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:02 PM)pally Wrote: Wilcox, though he was targeted a couple of times, and Asiasi were in mainly as blockers not receivers

I get that. What was saying is that Hurst barely played 50% of the snaps.  A healthy Hurst usually plays more than that, and TE#3 (Asiasi) plays less. He only played 4 more snaps than Wilcox.

It is a sign he was not 100%.  They are limiting his snaps  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: Got it. Thx.

Who will cover Kelce

Depends on the personnel on the field. And if we olay man or zome. We play a lot of zone. 

Our base D (3CB) vs their base O (3 WR, 1 TE), it would usually be Bell. The corners matched up on WRs. But I could see Hilton in some situations. If we are playing both safeties deep, then Pratt or Wilson. 

In zone, it will be whomever's zone he comes into. Mostly Wilson, Pratt, Hilton, or Bell as they have the stuff closer to the line. 

If we can sub in and are playing man, Flowers if he is healthy. If not, Dax Hill. 
Again, I could see some Hilton here as well. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did the article say anything about Carman?

The whole article is about Carman Jackson, and it's called "Carman's Climb."  Posted below for your enjoyment. 

https://www.bengals.com/news/frank-pollack-brian-callahan

Just an excerpt for the article, and this is after Carman lost his job to Volson with his meeting with Pollack

Pollack loves how Carman's drowned out the naysayers. When he made the move to Volson before the opener, Pollack did some messaging himself to Carman.

Pollack said. "''Your story is not written yet,  you're young, and you're still learning. I want you to start focusing on that [Left offensive] tackle spot.' And he [Carman's] quietly been doing that. He's kept his mouth shut. He [Carman] grinded and it showed where he's at the other night. I'm really proud of him. He's[Carman] taken such a great approach like a pro this year to tune out the noise."
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Taylor Mays?   Ninja

Lol.

(01-26-2023, 09:34 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Depends on the personnel on the field. And if we olay man or zome. We play a lot of zone. 

Our base D (3CB) vs their base O (3 WR, 1 TE), it would usually be Bell. The corners matched up on WRs. But I could see Hilton in some situations. If we are playing both safeties deep, then Pratt or Wilson. 

In zone, it will be whomever's zone he comes into. Mostly Wilson, Pratt, Hilton, or Bell as they have the stuff closer to the line. 

If we can sub in and are playing man, Flowers if he is healthy. If not, Dax Hill. 
Again, I could see some Hilton here as well. 

Thanks man
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: Flowers needs to play.

Love me some CTB (!) but Kelce is too big, strong and experienced.

Mismatch IMHO

I hear he fumbles.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hear he fumbles.... Hilarious

Hehe. Need a repeat !!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 10:12 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: The whole article is about Carmen Jackson, and it's called "Carmen's Climb."  Posted below for your enjoyment. 

Just an excerpt for the article, and this is after Carmen lost his job to Volson with his meeting with Pollack

Pollack loves how Carmen's drowned out the naysayers. When he made the move to Volson before the opener, Pollack did some messaging himself to Carman.

Pollack said. "''Your story is not written yet,  you're young, and you're still learning. I want you to start focusing on that [Right offensive] tackle spot.' And Carmen's quietly been doing that. He's kept his mouth shut. He grinded and it showed where he's at the other night. I'm really proud of him. He's taken such a great approach like a pro this year to tune out the noise."

No, this article is about Carman Jackson. There is not Carmen on the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Taylor Mays?   Ninja

Great, we'll probably lose Bates and Bell to injury then.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 10:12 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: The whole article is about Carmen Jackson, and it's called "Carmen's Climb."  Posted below for your enjoyment. 

Just an excerpt for the article, and this is after Carmen lost his job to Volson with his meeting with Pollack

Pollack loves how Carmen's drowned out the naysayers. When he made the move to Volson before the opener, Pollack did some messaging himself to Carman.

Pollack said. "''Your story is not written yet,  you're young, and you're still learning. I want you to start focusing on that [Right offensive] tackle spot.' And Carmen's quietly been doing that. He's kept his mouth shut. He grinded and it showed where he's at the other night. I'm really proud of him. He's taken such a great approach like a pro this year to tune out the noise."

I mean, you purposefully went into that article and changed it to misspell his name. Is this something you find funny, because I think it's really just juvenile and  disrespectful to the young man and makes it appear you are too ignorant to spell a 6-letter name? And the article did not say "Right Tackle spot" you added that. 

Quote:CARMAN CLIMB: Such as Carman, the 2021 second-round pick, the former Clemson left tackle who lost the right guard job a few times as a rookie before rookie Cordell Volson beat him out this past training camp for the left guard job.

When Carman had such a good game in his first NFL start at tackle on his 23rd birthday last Sunday, it was a reminder just how young he was when he came into the league and how high his ceiling is.

And Pollack loves how he's drowned out the naysayers. When he made the move to Volson before the opener, Pollack did some messaging himself to Carman.

"I told him, 'Your story is not written yet,'" Pollack said. "'You're young. You're still learning. I want you to start focusing on that tackle spot.' And he's quietly been doing that. He's kept his mouth his shut. He's grinded and it showed where he's at the other night. I'm really proud of him. He's taken such a great approach like a pro this year to tune out the noise."

Carman, the product of the Cincinnati suburb of Fairfield, became a pro in his hometown at the ripe old age of 21. Throw in changing positions and sides …

"He was a high draft pick based on his god-given athleticism, his movement and his talents," Pollack said. "He was pushed into a position of need as a rookie. I don't care who you are. If you play guard in college, to make that jump in the NFL it's going to be hard. It was a position of need. He was a top pick. So we're going to put him there and give him every chance to have success."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I mean, you purposefully went into that article and changed it to misspell his name. Is this something you find funny, because I it's really just juvenile and  disrespectful to the young man and makes it appear you are too ignorant to spell a 6-letter name? And the article did not say "Right Tackle spot" you added that. 

It is definitely odd. I was thrown off on what seemed to be a cut-and-paste article that said "right tackle spot" and Carman misspelled throughout. Glad you brought it to our attention, as I had been inspired that Pollack had been working with Carman on the tackle spot all season, only to see right tackle spot in this post, which had been inserted by the poster for some reason.
Reply/Quote
Cappa and Williams remain out of practice.

Hayden Hurst is dressed to participate

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

CARMAN. 

CAR.  MAN. 

It is not that difficult. He is singular, not plural. Nor is he a famous opera. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 01:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: CARMAN. 

CAR.  MAN. 

It is not that difficult. He is singular, not plural. Nor is he a famous opera. 

Thank you. Man that is irritating. Just don't understand it. Carman is easy to spell.

BTW, happy Hurst is getting healthier. Would be nice for him to have a big game in the AFC Championship.

On the other side of the ball making sure Kelce isn't wide open all game like he was against the Jaguars is essential.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:02 AM)Nepa Wrote: It is definitely odd. I was thrown off on what seemed to be a cut-and-paste article that said "right tackle spot" and Carman misspelled throughout. Glad you brought it to our attention, as I had been inspired that Pollack had been working with Carman on the tackle spot all season, only to see right tackle spot in this post, which had been inserted by the poster for some reason.

That's why I used [ ] when I added Right tackle, but he is on the left side so my mistake.  When the writer adds something to a quote like to clarify pronoun usage it's appropriate to use brackets [ ].  Excuse me for running into the grammar police, but the original article had mass pronouns and wasn't the easiest to read...  

It was a good article with Pollack singing Jackson CarmAn's praises, so just let it be that. 
Reply/Quote
Hurst dealing with an calf issue but says will be good to go... Hope it doesnt slow him down hes been a monster
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 07:35 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Me, either. We have zero pass catching threats at TE beyond him. And the calf was what kept him out before.

Hopefully just being cautious. But Wilcox & Asiasi played alot of snaps last week. Hurst 38, Wilcox 34, Asiasi 14. 

I think it is part because we ran the ball more and still not Hurst strong area, the other two i believe are viewed as stronger blockers.. Hurst looked just fine in 2nd half with the TD...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 10:12 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: The whole article is about Carman Jackson, and it's called "Carman's Climb."  Posted below for your enjoyment. 

Just an excerpt for the article, and this is after Carman lost his job to Volson with his meeting with Pollack

Pollack loves how Carman's drowned out the naysayers. When he made the move to Volson before the opener, Pollack did some messaging himself to Carman.

Pollack said. "''Your[Carman] story is not written yet,  you're young, and you're still learning. I want you to start focusing on that [Left offensive] tackle spot.' And he [Carman's] quietly been doing that. He's kept his mouth shut. He [Carman] grinded and it showed where he's at the other night. I'm really proud of him. He's[Carman] taken such a great approach like a pro this year to tune out the noise."

There I fixed it for the grammar police. 
Reply/Quote
Zac says no Cappa or Williams this week

everyone else id good to go

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote