Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals #1 Pick QB Comparison Palmer versus Burrow
(03-06-2020, 07:59 AM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Why would Mixon pummel him? He's not gay nor a woman.  

Because he can maybe???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  I think he was upset the Bengals had immediate success and is pissy about it.

You will have to call 90% of the people here "pissy" also because Palmer is just saying the same thing they all are.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 12:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You will have to call 90% of the people here "pissy" also because Palmer is just saying the same thing they all are.

Fred, why create a narrative and attempt to divide fans by this comment. I have never seen any poll in here where 90% of the fans agree with CP's stance on the Bengals or agree with him quitting on the team.

But, please provide the 90% proof or tell us it is your opinion, not mine.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Fred, why create a narrative and attempt to divide fans by this comment. I have never seen any poll in here where 90% of the fans agree with CP's stance on the Bengals or agree with him quitting on the team.

But, please provide the 90% proof or tell us it is your opinion, not mine.

That is my opinion.  Now let me here yours.  What percentage of the members here think the Bengals will have a hard time being successful due to Mike Brown and the front office policies regarding free agency, scouting department, etc?

It may not be 90% but I say it is an overwhelming majority that are just as "pissy" as Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is my opinion.  Now let me here yours.  What percentage of the members here think the Bengals will have a hard time being successful due to Mike Brown and the front office policies regarding free agency, scouting department, etc?

It may not be 90% but I say it is an overwhelming majority that are just as "pissy" as Palmer.

I never mentioned the FO, we were discussing Palmer and his quitting. The discussion and topic is CP versus Burrow and not them against the front office where you tried to expand it.

I don't know how many are pissy about the FO nor do I care. 

I do care when respected members like you just throw out BS and hope it sticks with no factual basis.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 07:59 AM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Why would Mixon pummel him? He's not gay nor a woman.  

Just cause he can throw one hell of a punch is all.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 02:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I never mentioned the FO, we were discussing Palmer and his quitting. The discussion and topic is CP versus Burrow a not them against the front office where you tried to expand it.

I do care when respected members like you just throw out BS and hope it sticks with no factual basis.

I think you lost the thread of the conversation.

The reason people say Carson is pissy is because of the comments he made this offseason. Those comments were about the Bengals front office and they are exactly the same as what most people here say everyday.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 02:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I never mentioned the FO, we were discussing Palmer and his quitting. The discussion and topic is CP versus Burrow a not them against the front office where you tried to expand it.

Right, but what's the correlation with why he quit? It's been stated that he didn't like the FO. So we can say within a reasonable doubt that the causation is CP quit because of the FO.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 01:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was not a football fan in 2003, so the only information I have on Carson Palmer comes from googling, but from what I can tell he was kind of a late bloomer.

If you take out his senior year, his college stats for the first 4 years were 40 games played, 618 of 1080, 7876 yards, 57.2% completion percentage with 39 touchdowns and 39 interceptions. That's a college passer rating of 123.17. (Joe Burrow's QB rating in his first year starting was 133.2).

Carson had prototypical arm strength, which allowed him to take risks that other players could not. We saw this in the NFL as well, as his deep ball was majestic.

The downside was, as we see in his college stats, his accuracy suffered for it. We also saw this in the NFL, with him consistently overthrowing mid level routes, often throwing it over a receiver's head. Even in his best college season, his completion percentage was only 63.2%. It's a fine percentage, but not anything to write home about. His QB rating in his senior year was 149.1 (Joe Burrow's QB rating in his senior year was 202.0).

Palmer was considered an underperformer until the final 6 games of his career, as Chris Mortenson said:

Despite his risk taking and inconsistent accuracy, Palmer was considered very good at throwing his receivers open; great anticipation.

One thing that is often forgotten is that Carson was apparently fairly mobile in college. He ran a 4.62 40 yard dash at his pro day so USC was able to call roll outs, boots etc.

The final defining characteristic of Palmer was his unflappability. He could stand in the pocket and deliver strikes even under pressure. He did not, however, have the pocket mobility that Burrow has. He had good footwork but some said he was almost too mechanical
Mortenson, again, said:
According to Bill Walsh:

One defining deficiency in Palmer's game was leadership. Mortenson, once again:

On the other hand, Leadership is one of Burrow's calling cards.

So let's just do a quick line up of the key traits for a QB for each.

Carson Palmer:
Strengths:
Optimal arm strength
More Mobile than you think
Unshakable in the pocket
Excellent mechanics and quick delivery
Good footwork
Great anticipation and touch

Weaknesses:
Not much of a leader
Inconsistent accuracy
Questionable decision making
One year wonder (or, more precisely, one half year wonder)
Too mechanical
Lacked elite pocket mobility

Joe Burrow:
Strengths:
Fairly mobile
Unshakable in the pocket
Good footwork
Great anticipation and touch
Elite pocket mobility
Elite accuracy to all levels (especially deep throws, despite his average arm strength)
Natural Born Leader
Elite level decision making

Weaknesses:
Merely average arm strength
One year wonder
Smaller than average hands
Takes unnecessary hits when he takes off for a run

So, with Carson, you gain the arm strength and some mechanics, but lose the accuracy, pocket mobility, leadership and decision making.

I think if Carson and Joe were in the same draft, there wouldn't even be a question as to who would go first overall.

(It'd be Burrow).

I got a lot of this information on Carson from Joe Goodberry's fantastic article on him from the Athletic

Wow !!! Great info now all you got to do is email Max from first take so we can show Carson's real beef !!!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 10:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No you didn't.

You claimed that he was the one who sought out the media attention regarding BUrrow, but the truth was that the media sought him out because he was the last QB taken number one overall by the Bengals.  Then you try to bash Palmer for saying THE EXACT SAME THINGS YOIU SAY HERE.

Then you made some comment about him coming from money which was total BS because some very mentally tough men came from money.  You sound more jealous than anything.

And finally you ripped Palmer for leaving the Bengals, but Burrow did the exact same thing with Ohio State.  Funny how you want to point to accomplishment Joe had in college to prove he was tough, but anything negative he did does not count because "He was just a kid in college".  Also Palmer had to deal with playing on losing teams in college because he did not have the elite talent around him that Burrow always had.  Palmer finished 2nd in his conference in passing and had a .500 record.  Burrow finished 12th in his conference in passing and won 10 games.

Palmer played an NFL game with a torn ligament in his elbow that required surgery.  He was hated by many of his own fans because he was loyal to his alma mater instead of swooning over the Buckeyes.  It is a joke for somone like you to call him mentally weak.

Wait a minute Palmer is that you trolling !!! It sounds like you or your women bonnie is mad of the bad taste in our mouth cuz he couldnt take some back lash from some frustrated fans ..Vandalizing people personal property is never kool .But Lebron James wasnt screaming lakers trash cause fans vandalize hes property..much respect to Andy !!!! Powting Palmer.
Reply/Quote
Jerry Jones has a punchable face, 'specially when he gets his Sneer on.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
All time punchable Steeler has to be Hines Ward.
"I'll give you something to cry about!"
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 06:19 PM)Ghost of ikcey Wrote: Wait a minute Palmer is that you trolling !!! It sounds like you or your women bonnie is mad of the bad taste in our mouth cuz he couldnt take some back lash from some frustrated fans ..Vandalizing people personal property is never kool .But Lebron James wasnt screaming lakers trash cause fans vandalize hes property..much respect to Andy !!!! Powting Palmer.

I don't think you read the thread properly.  I'm the one who said Carson was a spoiled, entitled brat.  And calling me Fred's woman?  Really?  I'm here to talk about football.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 08:59 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think you read the thread properly.  I'm the one who said Carson was a spoiled, entitled brat.  And calling me Fred's woman?  Really?  I'm here to talk about football.

I'm impressed that you even understood that post... I sure as hell didn't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 08:27 PM)jason Wrote: I'm impressed that you even understood that post... I sure as hell didn't.

It was a Newbie with 10 posts.  Lol. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 08:27 PM)jason Wrote: I'm impressed that you even understood that post... I sure as hell didn't.

Bonnie is gifted. Mellow
Reply/Quote