Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Bills predictions
(09-16-2019, 02:39 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Our mighty Bengals have a ton of injuries,Carl Lawson,hamstring,Number 60 on offense,a bad knee and Billy Price got manhandled out there after he came in.the bills at home,they are going to be playing just like the niners did and we have no answer against teams with passion and great players,we got outclassed in every phase of the game,it will be the same in Buffalo.

You said Dalton was the main issue on offense...that was what the laughing was about. Dude has been sacked 9 times in 2 games with a running game averaging less than 2 yards a carry. Once you say something like that your whole thought becomes a joke. He's no MVP, but he sure isn't the main problem with the offense.
Reply/Quote
Bengals by 3
Reply/Quote
I’ll say Buffalo 27-13

If the bengals somehow get their act together and win I think it’ll have to be low scoring like 20-17 or less. Don’t see a lot of points against this Buffalo defense. It’ll be on the Cincy D to keep us in this one
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: You said Dalton was the main issue on offense...that was what the laughing was about. Dude has been sacked 9 times in 2 games with a running game averaging less than 2 yards a carry. Once you say something like that your whole thought becomes a joke. He's no MVP, but he sure isn't the main problem with the offense.

I like in the GameDay thread that while the defense was getting gashed for over 7 yards per carry people were calling for Finley to take over at QB. Like THAT was going to stop San Fran from embarrassing the defense. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:11 AM)sonofstat Wrote: I honestly do not know...i think every week this season is going to be a lucky dip and it'll be either a SEA or SF performance with very little normal in between.

In that spirit ...Bengals 41-0   Tongue

You do have to laugh a bit that our 2019 version of hope is that when we play the Bills I'm hoping we will play like the team that lost by a little rather than the team that lost by a lot.  Now that I've thought of that, I'll say we go in there and play more like we played in SEA than vs SF....

Bills 20
Bengals 17

(09-16-2019, 11:29 AM)PhilHos Wrote: The Bengals embarrassed themselves yesterday. They're going to come out and punch the Bills in the mouth, maybe literally. I expect a game that we dominate but the score remains closer than it should have been. 24-21 Bengals get their first win in the Zac Taylor offense.

I get where you are going with this, but does this team really do better when they play "crazy angry" football?  I'd wager this team going into "Hulk smash!" mode after being 0-2 isn't a good sign and could lead to us punching Buffalo in the mouth and leaving with another L for our lack of discipline.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 03:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I like in the GameDay thread that while the defense was getting gashed for over 7 yards per carry people were calling for Finley to take over at QB. Like THAT was going to stop San Fran from embarrassing the defense. Rolleyes

Again, I'm getting what you are saying but at the same time as much as the "Anyone but Dalton!" talk gets old, so does the "Keep Dalton until he is THE exact reason we aren't winning" talk.  Dalton played like crap yesterday, so I guess he lucked out that the defense and the o-line look like they'll be worse than him for the next 5 years or so.

Dalton would have to completely meltdown to be worse than our D or o-line if that's what it takes to replace him.  Not saying we should, just pointing that out.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get where you are going with this, but does this team really do better when they play "crazy angry" football?  I'd wager this team going into "Hulk smash!" mode after being 0-2 isn't a good sign and could lead to us punching Buffalo in the mouth and leaving with another L for our lack of discipline.  

I don't mean "crazy angry". I mean, laser focused and aggressive.

(09-16-2019, 03:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, I'm getting what you are saying but at the same time as much as the "Anyone but Dalton!" talk gets old, so does the "Keep Dalton until he is THE exact reason we aren't winning" talk.  Dalton played like crap yesterday, so I guess he lucked out that the defense and the o-line look like they'll be worse than him for the next 5 years or so.

Dalton would have to completely meltdown to be worse than our D or o-line if that's what it takes to replace him.  Not saying we should, just pointing that out.

Except Dalton didn't really play like crap. He certainly could've played better, but he didn't play like crap. And the only reasons to replace him is if you think the guy replacing him will do better and/or you don't care about winning the game and are looking to the future.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't mean "crazy angry". I mean, laser focused and aggressive. 

Fair enough, I just never really bought into that "Play better because you lost" mentality.  It just doesn't seem to work, at least not for teams that lose a lot.

(09-16-2019, 04:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Except Dalton didn't really play like crap. He certainly could've played better, but he didn't play like crap. And the only reasons to replace him is if you think the guy replacing him will do better and/or you don't care about winning the game and are looking to the future.

I don't recall Dalton looking too good yesterday, but like I said, as long as we fail to fix the defense and the o-line we will be able to say that replacing Dalton is pointless for years to come.  Our o-line has been "What's the point in starting a new QB?" bad for years and there is no sign it's going to get better.

Also, Mike Brown didn't move on from Palmer or Boomer voluntarily so I'm not sure he would even be able to let Dalton walk.
Reply/Quote
Bills 34
Bengals 24

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:44 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: 30-17 Bills

Sounds about right.

Bills go 3-0, unfortunately. 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
I looked over the stats for the Bills. Yes they are 2-0 but they also beat the Jets and Giants. Neither team is going anywhere.

All of their stats are middle of the pack and the Jets game was a squeaker while the Giants imploded.

So....

If we show up and play tight, disciplined defense like we did week one and on offense we do whatever is needed to protect QB long enough for plays to develop we can win this but it will be tight.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: I looked over the stats for the Bills. Yes they are 2-0 but they also beat the Jets and Giants. Neither team is going anywhere.

All of their stats are middle of the pack and the Jets game was a squeaker while the Giants imploded.

So....

If we show up and play tight, disciplined defense like we did week one and on offense we do whatever is needed to protect QB long enough for plays to develop we can win this but it will be tight.

Yeah I kind of agree. Depends on which Cincinnati team shows up. We have a good chance to go 1-2 but right now I'm kinda wait and see which makes it impossible to throw a prediction score. We will find some consistency, just hope it's not the consistency we saw yesterday.

Reply/Quote
24-10 Bills. Another tough defense, and enough firepower on offense to score some. Won’t be a blowout IMO, unless Josh runs rampant.
Reply/Quote
Bills 20 Bengals 17
Josh Allen has a fluke run for A TD and Bills win in last second.

We will look a lot better than against the 49ers but still lose. Pratt, Phillips, and Brown will be + players for us on Sunday on defense. I think Lou will play some new guys eventually and they will help us out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bills - 34
Bengals - 7
Reply/Quote
86-14 Bills

Our 2 TD’s are scored by John Ross.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:53 AM)Takedown Wrote: Buffalo isn't as good as SanFran. I'll say 34 - 20 Bills win.

Bengals 15-13. Bullock goes 5-5 on fg's. Hit's a game winner in the face of a brutal wind from 59 yards.
Reply/Quote
24-20 Bengals.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:31 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Bengals 15-13. Bullock goes 5-5 on fg's. Hit's a game winner in the face of a brutal wind from 59 yards.

Bonnie?

Lot of whistling past the graveyard in this thread.  30-16 Buffalo.  Score could be worse, but Bills let off the gas in deference to Andy, who's still Jerry-Lewis-in-France-popular with the Bills fans for his New Year's Eve heroics back in '17. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I actually feel like we win this game. The Bills are probably the weakest 2-0 team. Lot's of 2-0 teams lose in week 3--could see the Bills being one of them. Inexperienced QB, offensive line isn't that good. Defensively they are good, but not great. I feel like we are really motivated to avenge a blowout loss at home (by winning in Buffalo). I think we finally get some TDs in the redzone as our play-calling improves. I think we get home and our Dline has a great day.

I still am very concerned with our running game and offensive line, I think we find a way to be explosive and move the ball this game. I hope to see improvement in the running game, but don't know what to expect. Still don't think we are a playoff team with what we are putting out there up front. But we have definite talent in our skill positions and I feel like these units want to avenge the loss this week--and in effect, will their way to victory.

31-17 Bengals

Final win loss at this point: 8-8 maybe 7-9.

If we lose this week, my prediction would drop to 5 wins. We stand to find out if we are the same team that got blown out week after week last year. We stand to find out what kind of coach Zac Taylor is. This game will tell a lot about Zac Taylor. We sucked last year due to our offensive line and injuries on offense (and a weak defense that gave up too many big plays). But, the same team also put up some numbers last year early in the season when we had a full closet of skill players. I think our skill players should carry us to a win here and there, but our weak offensive line results in consistently losing at least once every other week. Therefore, 8-8.
Reply/Quote