Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(03-17-2024, 11:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Draft day!
According to the league roster's page, I'm the only one with keepers. Interesting.

That's weird? I set 2 last night. Your 2 keepers are great! 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 11:35 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: That's weird? I set 2 last night. Your 2 keepers are great! 

Maybe the system isn't showing that as a surprise.

It will be cool to see how the draft plays out based on who selected keepers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope everybody had a good draft. I got pretty much what I wanted. People jumped up and took Ohtani, Trout and Steer, but for the most part I grabbed who I wanted, and even players ranked high later that I never thought I would get. I was very happy to start out with Judge, Valdez and De La Cruz and get Grayson Rodriguez, Clase, Reds Diaz, Bieber, Garcia, Castellanos and Reds McLain and others. 7 Reds in all for me, and 2 ex Reds.....My brother is a Tampa Fan and last year said draft Steer, this year he said draft Rays Caminero, and I did later in draft. At end of draft I was glad to get Blackmon and ex Red Chapman who to me are amazing picks after 30 rounds. .....HAPPY ST PATRICK DAY DRAFT......FREE AGENCY opens Wednesday......PLAY BALL.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:43 PM)kevin Wrote: Hope everybody had a good draft.  I got pretty much what I wanted.   People jumped up and took Ohtani, Trout and Steer, but for the most part I grabbed who I wanted, and even players ranked high later that I never thought I would get.  I was very happy to start out with Judge, Valdez and De La Cruz and get Grayson Rodriguez, Clase, Reds Diaz, Bieber, Garcia, Castellanos and Reds McLain and others. 7 Reds in all for me, and 2 ex Reds.....My brother is a Tampa Fan and last year said draft Steer, this year he said draft Rays Caminero, and I did later in draft. At end of draft I was glad to get Blackmon and ex Red Chapman who to me are amazing picks after 30 rounds.  .....HAPPY ST PATRICK DAY DRAFT......FREE AGENCY opens Wednesday......PLAY BALL.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

I'm sure that you were very happy. You drafted half of my sticks from last season. Hilarious     Seriously, good draft by both you and Tecmo. Having both of you guys in front of me back-to-back on the turns made it difficult. I would have like 4-5 guys queued and every time you guys would get 2 of them  LMAO Good luck and let's have a great season. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how I feel about my squad. Drafting last wasn't ideal because players I targeted in the rounds I was last in went a few picks ahead of mine. I'm happy with my SP. I made the fluid decision to draft RPs which is the cause of me having a weak offensive squad outside Acuna and Carroll.

I'm really banking on young players to perform: Holliday, Westburg, Keith, Greene, and Walker.

I hope my last pick, Skenes, sees the big leagues this year!

We'll see how it goes! The season is going to be fun.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm not sure how I feel about my squad. Drafting last wasn't ideal because players I targeted in the rounds I was last in went a few picks ahead of mine. I'm happy with my SP. I made the fluid decision to draft RPs which is the cause of me having a weak offensive squad outside Acuna and Carroll.

I'm really banking on young players to perform: Holliday, Westburg, Keith, Greene, and Walker.

I hope my last pick, Skenes, sees the big leagues this year!

We'll see how it goes! The season is going to be fun.

Looked pretty solid to me. Greene was one of the players that I had teed up just before you snagged him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 11:02 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Looked pretty solid to me. Greene was one of the players that I had teed up just before you snagged him. 

I think he has breakout potential. He was hurt last year so his '24 numbers should be better.
Reply/Quote
And away we go!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 02:19 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: And away we go!

Good luck!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 02:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Good luck!

Good luck to y'all! 
Reply/Quote
I got destroyed week 1. There is nothing else to say about my team.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 09:02 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I got destroyed week 1. There is nothing else to say about my team.

She's one of my oldest friends and is a very competitive manager. DD's and I did fantasy basketball with her for over a decade. I've never seen her lose a league in fantasy basketball. She beat us consistently for over a decade. We finally gave up playing FB!  Hilarious 

Big matchup this week between the Dizzles and The Red Bengals. Should be a good one!  
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 12:59 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: She's one of my oldest friends and is a very competitive manager. DD's and I did fantasy basketball with her for over a decade. I've never seen her lose a league in fantasy basketball. She beat us consistently for over a decade. We finally gave up playing FB!  Hilarious 

Big matchup this week between the Dizzles and The Red Bengals. Should be a good one!  

I take this stuff way too seriously in terms of the attention I give, so I'd like to think I'm competitive. This week though was ugly! It appears as if I didn't even try to field a squad.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 01:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I take this stuff way too seriously in terms of the attention I give, so I'd like to think I'm competitive. This week though was ugly! It appears as if I didn't even try to field a squad.  Hilarious

That's one of the reasons that we're happy to have you in the league. Having managers that are competitive and want to win is key to having a quality FBB league. Particularly, because the season is such a long one. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 01:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I take this stuff way too seriously in terms of the attention I give, so I'd like to think I'm competitive. This week though was ugly! It appears as if I didn't even try to field a squad.  Hilarious

You can never be to serious when it comes to being competitive in this league. I'll tell you one thing there are just some teams you try just a little harder to beat of course  Dizzles is always 1st on the list. Having managers who are competitive like you makes each week a new challenge.
Reply/Quote

You have to remember that Fantasy Football is a 40 yard dash and Fantasy Baseball is a 2 mile run.  A longer season and instead of a player having 1 game a week, a player might have 6 or 7 games in a week.  A starting pitcher might start twice in the same week.  You did well in Baseball last year, you know this.  From March to September and then Play-Offs.  The Reds pitcher who wrote the book, ' The Long Season ', yes, it's a very long season.  We will be back in Fantasy Football with the Baseball League in tough Play-Off Games in September.

I put up points, but lost to tough Dune Dogs. It was an odd Week One with some teams getting points off Dodgers and Giants in Korea series, and most just having Thursday to Sunday week. This also will even out over the season as those Dodger and Giant players can only play 162 games. It was not a normal Monday to Sunday week, as most of season will be. All-Star Game causes a strange match-up also.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
April 6th, and my best pitcher so far, Shane Bieber out for the season and maybe out start of next season. No point in using the IL on that. Dropped him and added a pitcher and moving on. Not crying, just saying you move on. You don't quit over injuries, although some Fantasy Football seasons I felt like quitting after too many injuries. It's harder in football, I found losing RB Henry or QB Burrow for season too much, and you can't replace that in football free agency after the draft. Baseball not as bad, you can fill in, no reason to feel like quitting.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 02:36 PM)kevin Wrote: April 6th, and my best pitcher so far, Shane Bieber out for the season and maybe out start of next season.  No point in using the IL on that.  Dropped him and added a pitcher and moving on.  Not crying, just saying you move on. You don't quit over injuries, although some Fantasy Football seasons I felt like quitting after too many injuries.  It's harder in football, I found losing RB Henry or QB Burrow for season too much, and you can't replace that in football free agency after the draft.  Baseball not as bad, you can fill in, no reason to feel like quitting.

Fantasy baseball is a slow, grueling experience. Agreed though, you can move on and still compete without Bieber.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 02:36 PM)kevin Wrote: April 6th, and my best pitcher so far, Shane Bieber out for the season and maybe out start of next season.  No point in using the IL on that.  Dropped him and added a pitcher and moving on.  Not crying, just saying you move on. You don't quit over injuries, although some Fantasy Football seasons I felt like quitting after too many injuries.  It's harder in football, I found losing RB Henry or QB Burrow for season too much, and you can't replace that in football free agency after the draft.  Baseball not as bad, you can fill in, no reason to feel like quitting.

That sux! It's early and things like this happen in baseball. Take away his 30 something points against me, and your team is still sitting in the 400s. Sux to lose an ace pitcher but the good news is you don't need him this week. You're beating the brakes off of my team this week. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 07:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: That sux! It's early and things like this happen in baseball. Take away his 30 something points against me, and your team is still sitting in the 400s. Sux to lose an ace pitcher but the good news is you don't need him this week. You're beating the brakes off of my team this week. 

In Fantasy Football, if your #1 RB or #1 or #2 WR or #1 QB get injured for all or most of season, you are in bad shape.  If let's say you lose your $1 RB and your #1 QB and your #2 WR, as what happened to me, you keep playing, but you are finished.  

In Fantasy Baseball if you lose players, the free agency pool is deeper.  You are far from finished. 

Football really is lucky enough to stay healthy, which is hard to do considering injuries happen a lot in football.  I regretted drafting Higgins and Burrow, and some may say they didn't have bad seasons, but I had then in Fantasy and yes they did have bad seasons due to injuries.  When healthy the Bengals beat Bills and 49ers, but Bengals were only healthy those few weeks in mid season. Injuries were why Bengals fell of from 2 great seasons, and same injuries killed my Fantasy team of Higgins and Burrow and also a RB for a team out injured a lot who came back at end of season in time for a last week bye week.  That's another thing, bye weeks, I will never draft another player with late in season bye-weeks who are no help down the stretch. I would rather take an early season loss due to bye weeks, and get the bye weeks out of the way in Fantasy Football. I couldn't believe that injured RB on coming back had a bye week our last week of season, no more late in season bye week players for me, I don't care who they are. Going into Draft, I'm going to know what teams have late in season bye weeks, and not draft any of them.

Again, in Fantasy Baseball, you can adjust to injuries thanks to the deep free agent pool.  The pitcher I replaced Bieber with is doing great at start of season.  I do a little better in Baseball because I can adjust to injuries,  Football, you really can't adjust to injuries. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote