Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(03-03-2024, 11:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Yes! Pitching has been reined in. No more 60 point pitching performances. An excellent game by a pitcher should be around 35-45 points tops. At least that's the way it looks with the changes. It's always easy to miss a few things with FBB scoring but I think we should have those kinks worked out. 

Thank you. Good info to know for selecting keepers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey guys glad to see you all are ready to get this new season started. We did change the pitching scoring some so be sure to check that out and keep an eye on the projections for pitchers. Also we have set up the 2 keepers " decisions decisions ". Hope to here from everyone soon so we can set up a draft date and time. Last year was a good start for a new league and hope we can continue to tweak it and make it better each year. The only real down side to year 1 was the fact that Dan won the first league championship so lets not let him take another one this year. Good luck to all.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 11:52 PM)selon23 Wrote: Hey guys glad to see you all are ready to get this new season started. We did change the pitching scoring some so be sure to check that out and keep an eye on the projections for pitchers. Also we have set up the 2 keepers " decisions decisions ". Hope to here from everyone soon so we can set up a draft date and time. Last year was a good start for a new league and hope we can continue to tweak it and make it better each year. The only real down side to year 1 was the fact that Dan won the first league championship so lets not let him take another one this year. Good luck to all.

Middle finger salute to you sir!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
with the utmost respect my friend, just kidding.... you're going down, can't let you think you got this thing in the bag every year... lol
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 11:52 PM)selon23 Wrote: Hey guys glad to see you all are ready to get this new season started. We did change the pitching scoring some so be sure to check that out and keep an eye on the projections for pitchers. Also we have set up the 2 keepers " decisions decisions ". Hope to here from everyone soon so we can set up a draft date and time. Last year was a good start for a new league and hope we can continue to tweak it and make it better each year. The only real down side to year 1 was the fact that Dan won the first league championship so lets not let him take another one this year. Good luck to all.

I just keep checking the ESPN site that says draft is not set yet.  Any draft time is OK with me. Just as long as we are up and running Week One. PLAY BALL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Contacting and gathering managers guys. Just wanted to update yall. We had a couple of managers drop out which is normal for FBB. We may need one more manager so put some feelers out if you can. Be up and running soon.

Edit: We now have the tenth member. Is spring break here in the panhandle so I'm busy as hell. Going to shoot for this weekend for the draft. Sat or Sunday! Gotta find most convenient time for all.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:55 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Contacting and gathering managers guys. Just wanted to update yall. We had a couple of managers drop out which is normal for FBB. We may need one more manager so put some feelers out if you can. Be up and running soon.

Edit: We now have the tenth member. Is spring break here in the panhandle so I'm busy as hell. Going to shoot for this weekend for the draft. Sat or Sunday! Gotta find most convenient time for all.

I prefer Saturday.
Reply/Quote
Anytime is fine by me.

There was a guy in the old league. Not the LM, Another guy who won a lot of years. Always put up a ton of reliever points, as in almost no blown saves but many saves. He amazed me on that. He did not get in on the switch over last year. So if you are looking for a manager, he was hard to beat. I think he won in 2022. I forget his name. He would be a great add back, if anybody knows how to contact him. He was NOT the LM but he did win in 2022, but I don't think we had him in 2023. He was a tough player of this game, hard to beat. How he came up with saves and no blown saves, I'll never know, I would love to be able to do that.

Anytime you set the draft is fine by me. I'll keep checking our ESPN site, and when it shows a draft date, I'll know you guys have it set.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Just sent email out to new team owner also sent one to everyone about possible draft this Saturday or Sunday. Either day is ok with me after 3:30 on Saturday and anytime on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 11:00 PM)selon23 Wrote: Just sent email out to new team owner also sent one to everyone about possible draft this Saturday or Sunday. Either day is ok with me after 3:30 on Saturday and anytime on Sunday.

I can do any time, any day.  I keep checking ESPN site that shows our league, and it still says draft not set  If you are planning Saturday or Sunday, I assume some time Friday it will say draft time is set for one of those days. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'll likely have to miss the draft if this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:33 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll likely have to miss the draft if this Sunday.

Got everyone else onboard with Sunday at noon Eastern. Just logged in to check with you guys. It's hard trying to accommodate all of the work schedules. Any way that you can make that work? Is 11 am Central time. Take about an hour.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 06:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Got everyone else onboard with Sunday at noon Eastern. Just logged in to check with you guys. It's hard trying to accommodate all of the work schedules. Any way that you can make that work? Is 11 am Central time. Take about an hour.
I think my plans are Sunday evening so noon works!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 06:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Got everyone else onboard with Sunday at noon Eastern. Just logged in to check with you guys. It's hard trying to accommodate all of the work schedules. Any way that you can make that work? Is 11 am Central time. Take about an hour.
 The ESPN site THE SHOW still  says no draft is set.  So although it says noon here, somebody needs to download it into ESPN.  It is going on 9 PM Friday.  I would hate to see people go on Sunday, and site is still not set. Setting draft time to be seen on site early Saturday avoids that.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So the Dodgers And Padres open on the 20th everyone else starts on the 28th so no worries about missing out on a lot of games with the last minute draft. If we missed that game as has happened in the past leagues we have been in those numbers would be scored retro actively automatically, That being said we will set the draft for this Sunday at 11AM central time as it seems to be the most convenient time for everyone to be a part of the live draft and not have to use auto draft. Don't forget you have 2 keepers if you want them. Glad to have most everyone back and hope this year is another step towards a great league.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 09:48 PM)kevin Wrote:  The ESPN site THE SHOW still  says no draft is set.  So although it says noon here, somebody needs to download it into ESPN.  It is going on 9 PM Friday.  I would hate to see people go on Sunday, and site is still not set.  Setting draft time to be seen on site early Saturday avoids that.

Everything should be squared away Kev!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 07:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think my plans are Sunday evening so noon works!

Groovy! Appreciate you working with me on it.
Reply/Quote
YES....Friday Night at 9:45 PM.....ESPN THE SHOW site shows draft time of Sunday March 17th at Noon.....31 Rounds. 21 active players, 10 bench players, 2 injury list spots . The League Setting are up to read. Those wanting Keepers need to set them. PLAY BALL.....Glad to see site is SET and READY, Thank You.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I decided to lock in two keepers: Acuna and Carroll.

Acuna's knee better hold up!
Reply/Quote
Draft day!
According to the league roster's page, I'm the only one with keepers. Interesting.
Reply/Quote