Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(09-18-2023, 09:57 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, I didn't earn my win as the competition didn't start their Sunday pitchers. I'll take the free pass as I advance in the playoffs.

I expect a tough fight.  My pitchers don't line up for Monday Tuesday, Saturday Sunday of good pitchers 
going 2 games.  F/A is void of good 2 game pitchers this week.  I did the next best thing and saw I was one true RP short, so I grabbed the Closer for the NY Mets the rest of the season.  Saves and Holds score points also.  Anyway, I'm back to having 4 RP that put up Saves and Holds.

You are in Tecmo, and if you get HOT this week, you move on to the leagues World Series next week.  I do not under estimate you.  You have won in football, and you are 2 weeks away from winning in baseball.  Forget the season records, it's all about who gets HOT or LUCKY this week.   My pitching isn't as good as what I drafted, a lot of injuries that I had to drop, and fill in.  That hurts me because I drafted pitching heavy and started season with worst hitting team in league.   I think I improved my hitters over the season, but did I improve them enough for Play-Off Championships ?   

It is all set up for a tough battle with you Tecmo.  I wish I had good starting pitchers to go 2 games this week, but the dice didn't roll that way,.  I scraped the bottom of the barrel to come up with 2 or 3 to pitch the first 2 days, but questionable if they give me any points. I'm in for a hard week with you Tecmo.   
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:34 PM)kevin Wrote: I expect a tough fight.  My pitchers don't line up for Monday Tuesday, Saturday Sunday of good pitchers 
going 2 games.  F/A is void of good 2 game pitchers this week.  I did the next best thing and saw I was one true RP short, so I grabbed the Closer for the NY Mets the rest of the season.  Saves and Holds score points also.  Anyway, I'm back to having 4 RP that put up Saves and Holds.

You are in Tecmo, and if you get HOT this week, you move on to the leagues World Series next week.  I do not under estimate you.  You have won in football, and you are 2 weeks away from winning in baseball.  Forget the season records, it's all about who gets HOT or LUCKY this week.   My pitching isn't as good as what I drafted, a lot of injuries that I had to drop, and fill in.  That hurts me because I drafted pitching heavy and started season with worst hitting team in league.   I think I improved my hitters over the season, but did I improve them enough for Play-Off Championships ?   

It is all set up for a tough battle with you Tecmo.  I wish I had good starting pitchers to go 2 games this week, but the dice didn't roll that way,.  I scraped the bottom of the barrel to come up with 2 or 3 to pitch the first 2 days, but questionable if they give me any points. I'm in for a hard week with you Tecmo.   

Best of luck this week! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
World Series will be Houndizzles vs Tecmo Bengals

my team Cincy Red Bengals that finished first in their division had a great season record. Then a bye week in pay-offs. my Cincy Red Bengals did put up points, around 770, which is a lot in one week. However Tecmo put up around 870 which is one of hottest weeks ever, and you aren't going to beat that. I can at least say my team scored a ton of points also.

That said, in The World Series both teams start at zero, so it's whoever gets HOT. So good luck to both.

I love Fantasy Baseball because at age 68, I'm not sitting around talking about guys that played 100 years ago like a lot of people my age. It keeps me in the Now, which Seniors need to try to do to. So hopefully I'm asked back next March.

I'm sure next March the pitching stat error corrected, and pitchers go back to also getting hit with negative points, The LM said he hit the wrong button and too many points per inning pitched, but once season started, too late to change it. So Tecmo, that is why so many pitching points, I know you wondered, but normally this league pitching can be negative points and more risky. Pre season LM honest erroor created a ton of pitching points, but that will go back to normal next season. Still, I enjoyed playing again, and hope to be in March draft again.

Congrats to Houndizzles and Tecmo Bengals in World Series.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:18 AM)kevin Wrote: World Series will be Houndizzles vs Tecmo Bengals

my team Cincy Red Bengals that finished first in their division had a great season record.  Then a bye week in pay-offs.  my Cincy Red Bengals did put up points, around 770, which is a lot in one week.  However Tecmo put up around 870 which is one of hottest weeks ever, and you aren't going to beat that.  I can at least say my team scored a ton of points also.

That said, in The World Series both teams start at zero, so it's whoever gets HOT.  So good luck to both.

I love Fantasy Baseball because at age 68, I'm not sitting around talking about guys that played 100 years ago like a lot of people my age.  It keeps me in the Now, which Seniors need to try to do to.  So hopefully I'm asked back next March.  

I'm sure next March the pitching stat error corrected, and pitchers go back to also getting hit with negative points,  The LM said he hit the wrong button and too many points per inning pitched, but once season started, too late to change it.  So Tecmo, that is why so many pitching points, I know you wondered, but normally this league pitching can be negative points and more risky.  Pre season LM honest erroor created a ton of pitching points, but that will go back to normal next season.  Still, I enjoyed playing again, and hope to be in March draft again.  

Congrats to Houndizzles and Tecmo Bengals in World Series.

Thank you for the congrats. I'm was lucky against you with the hot week. I think you had the better roster throughout the season.

Good luck to the Houndizzles! 
Reply/Quote
Since the 2 teams in World Series have used all of their allowed roster moves for the last week, I have now used my 7 moves to field the best possible team for last day Sunday. Trying to win 3rd place in Play-Offs and playing out the season. Again, the 2 teams in World Series can make no more roster moves, or else I would not have made roster moves. Since this does not effect World Series, I added hot hitters and available probable pitchers for last game of season Sunday tomorrow. I need points to try to finish ahead of Dune Dogs in runner up series.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
My SPs had a rough week. Stroman and Connor Phillips both lost me points. I need all four of my starters to get a W today while the opponents pitchers struggle. I appear to be headed for the runner up status.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Houndizzles for winning WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP, and sorry to hear about your fire.

Hats off to Tecmo coming in Second

Last I saw, my Cincy Red Bengals and Dune Dogs had the same points at end of week. I think we tied for 3rd Place.

It was a Fun season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It was a fun season. I did like having the 16 weekly starts for SP as it kept me engaged. Congrats to the champion...

1st = Holmescreek Houndizzles
2nd = Tecmo Bengals
3rd = Cincy Red Bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:15 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It was a fun season. I did like having the 16 weekly starts for SP as it kept me engaged. Congrats to the champion...

1st = Holmescreek Houndizzles
2nd = Tecmo Bengals
3rd = Cincy Red Bengals

Great season by both of you guys! Hell of a Championship matchup!
Reply/Quote
Now January and Bengals season over. Looking forward to March Baseball Draft....People can only have so many Keepers so good players go back in The Draft. Should be a mind working draft of limited draft time, what players to choose. How to build a team for 2024.....Also This Year LM won't punch wrong button on Pitching Stats. Last year points per inning pitched were a mistake of 10 points instead of 1, but as LM said, too late to change it. So Pitching scored insane points, and not much worry about Pitchers going minus 20 or minus 30 points as years before, due to all the points for just innings pitched....So SCORING should be more like 2022 and 2021, and PITCHIING POINTS come back down to earth....Tecmo said he was surprised by all the Pitching Points, but that was an error last year....I'm sure League Manager will have it back to normal, and good hitting teams will put up points again also....I drafted relief pitching for first time ever last year. But I didn't get much in hitting in draft. I'm going to have to go back to drafting some hitting early also. A couple top starting pitchers, a couple top Saves Closers, but also a couple top hitters no matter where they play. A good all around team in the Draft....As we say, Fantasy Football is a sprint short season, Fantasy Baseball is a Marathon long season. You don't want to draft all Pitching or all Hitting, you need both for the Marathon....Tecmo will find it more interesting when League Manager has the Pitching Points right this year, and HITTING is not over shadowed by Pitching as caused by LM hitting the wrong set up button.

I'm also ready for the Reds Opening Day Parade which I saw first time ever on Channel 19 out of Cincinnati area up here in Dayton / Springfield area. Good parade of Ken Anderson, Anthony Munoz, Cincinnati beer floats such as Hudy, school bands from Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana. Bengals Float. I could have watched that parade more than 2 hours. It's not New York or Pasadena, it's our area and schools and businesses and teams. I hope 19 shows it again, I love that parade. Then after it, Reds PLAY BALL. They say more school bands are welcome, and schools should take them up on that. School kids from Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana gave their schools good showing on TV in that. I was proud of every kid from every school in that parade.

Yes, looking forward to March Draft. Not sure who my Keeper is if we have them. Probably a top Pitcher, but I have to dive in there and get a hitter sooner. My going all Pitching early and Hitting at end left me with weak bats most of season. I need a hitter with some POP also this year. it was nice loaded up on Pitching, but a season of weak bats is no fun, I need to mix it up more in The Draft....Looking forward to our Baseball League of many of us Bengals Football Fantasy in it again....Other than Saves Closers who are hard to stock up on, those Set Up HOLDS relievers put up good points also to help round out a solid Fantasy Bullpen. A couple of Saves pitchers and a couple of Holds pitchers makes a good bullpen. There is a limit per week on starting pitchers, so those reliever points come in handy.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 04:18 PM)kevin Wrote: Yes, looking forward to March Draft.  Not  sure who my Keeper is if we have them.  Probably a top Pitcher, but I have to dive in there and get a hitter sooner.  My going all Pitching early and Hitting at end left me with weak bats most of season.  I need a hitter with some POP also this year. it was nice loaded up on Pitching, but a season of weak bats is no fun, I need to mix it up more in The Draft....Looking forward to our Baseball League of many of us Bengals Football Fantasy in it again....Other than Saves Closers who are hard to stock up on, those Set Up HOLDS relievers put up good points also to help round out a solid Fantasy Bullpen.  A couple of Saves pitchers and a couple of Holds pitchers makes a good bullpen.  There is a limit per week on starting pitchers, so those reliever points come in handy.

Right on! I'm now ready for fantasy baseball.
Reply/Quote
I see the league activated for the '24 season. The two player keeper rule is how we're proceeding, right?

Any plans to edit league settings?

I'm looking forward to the fun.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 12:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I see the league activated for the '24 season. The two player keeper rule is how we're proceeding, right?

Any plans to edit league settings?

I'm looking forward to the fun.

March 2nd now.  I sent in on site a reminder message to league manager on setting a draft date.  More to let them know I am in this year and ready to go.  March 2nd is too early to draft.  From March 15th on though, because season starts around end of March. 

I may not keep anybody.  If everybody keeps a player, that would make me the only one with a 1st round draft pick, and there might be one heck of a player to grab.  I considered Valdez and Clase as my Keepers, but I think I should go with no keepers and see who is there in Rounds 1 and 2 and on.  Even with 2 keepers, other teams will have to put good players back in free agency as draft picks.  I like Valdez and Clase, but getting some hitting would be nice also. 

In baseball, you can add good players as season goes. Fantasy Football is almost completely about the Draft and does your team stay healthy, there is not much free agent help.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 04:59 AM)kevin Wrote: March 2nd now.  I sent in on site a reminder message to league manager on setting a draft date.  More to let them know I am in this year and ready to go.  March 2nd is too early to draft.  From March 15th on though, because season starts around end of March. 

I may not keep anybody.  If everybody keeps a player, that would make me the only one with a 1st round draft pick, and there might be one heck of a player to grab.  I considered Valdez and Clase as my Keepers, but I think I should go with no keepers and see who is there in Rounds 1 and 2 and on.  Even with 2 keepers, other teams will have to put good players back in free agency as draft picks.  I like Valdez and Clase, but getting some hitting would be nice also. 

In baseball, you can add good players as season goes.  Fantasy Football is almost completely about the Draft and does your team stay healthy, there is not much free agent help.

I'm having the same thought about the keeper: Not taking 1 or 2 means one heck of a nice draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 04:59 AM)kevin Wrote: March 2nd now.  I sent in on site a reminder message to league manager on setting a draft date.  More to let them know I am in this year and ready to go.  March 2nd is too early to draft.  From March 15th on though, because season starts around end of March. 

In baseball, you can add good players as season goes.  Fantasy Football is almost completely about the Draft and does your team stay healthy, there is not much free agent help.

Hey Kevin! Glad to see that you are well. I hadn't seen you post on here in a while, glad to see you are well.

We opened the league on ESPN over a month ago. I just spoke with Dier a couple days ago. Have to see who is in and who is out for the season. Ts, we will ramp up for FBB and get things rolling! I'm in a hell of a tight as far as keepers go. Tough decisions to make for my squad.

On a side note, our Reds are looking hungry this so far this Spring.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 01:07 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Hey Kevin! Glad to see that you are well. I hadn't seen you post on here in a while, glad to see you are well.

We opened the league on ESPN over a month ago. I just spoke with Dier a couple days ago. Have to see who is in and who is out for the season. Ts, we will ramp up for FBB and get things rolling! I'm in a hell of a tight as far as keepers go. Tough decisions to make for my squad.

On a side note, our Reds are looking hungry this so far this Spring.

So should we log in and select keepers?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 01:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So should we log in and select keepers?

You can if you like but there's no hurry. Still have to connect with everyone so that the draft date is convenient for everyone. Couple of weeks away on that. Opening the league just gives everyone a chance to study the players ect... Glad to have you back Tecmo!
Reply/Quote
16 days till opening pitch!
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 06:34 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: 16 days till opening pitch!

Do you anticipate the league settings changing from last year?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 09:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Do you anticipate the league settings changing from last year?

Yes! Pitching has been reined in. No more 60 point pitching performances. An excellent game by a pitcher should be around 35-45 points tops. At least that's the way it looks with the changes. It's always easy to miss a few things with FBB scoring but I think we should have those kinks worked out. 
Reply/Quote