Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
I need to have a big Saturday because Bubbatrouble will have a big Sunday. We are both on pace to put up 700 to 800 points, and yet one of us will lose after that many points.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
How's everyone doing? I'm 5-2 and second place in my division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2023, 12:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How's everyone doing? I'm 5-2 and second place in my division.

Put up 770 last week and still lost. After Monday my sticks decided to take the week off, lost by 54 points. Three out of your next four are against tough teams.

Aside from a couple of stragglers this league is pretty brutal. It all evens out in the end. My squad is about to get healthy, thank goodness!

Didn't want to cut Rendon, Kevin. I just didn't have anywhere to put him with 5 players already on the IL. I think he will have a good second half.

Reply/Quote
I think after this week I start playing Tecmo, Houndizzles, and Marcy team change name to Ohio Gouz or something like that.

Well, we will see if Reardon can get healthy, most seasons he can't. I like his batting average and TJ Freidl on my IL. Not sure who I drop when they come off IL. Sometimes other injuries answer that for you. I hated to lose Rasmussen and Wright to long injuries. I have other pitchers, but those were 2 good ones.

I don't want to say that I'm getting an easier team this week, that's when you get beat. However my schedule about to get tougher with Tecmo and Houndizzles starting Memorial Day. I'm glad I added better hitters than I drafted. I would like to see more climb into the 200's. Garcia of Texas is my star hitter, but you have to look at catchers numbers different, and Perez was a steal in mid rounds and is over 200 points, which is awesome for a catcher. I'm putting up more hitting numbers in May than in April, took a while to find the hot free agents of 2023. My infield really stunk at first, but much better now. I'm glad somebody dropped Drury, I like Drury, he is still hitting like he did for Reds and getting his At Bats.

I might be in First Place with a 7 win and 1 loss record over April and May, I need that cushion with so many tough teams coming up. Ohio Knights clobbered me, but I came back with a nice win over tough every year Dune Dogs.. I think drafting some Saves Pitchers has helped me, in other years I NEVER drafted relievers and looked for those Stater / Relievers to sneak in for extra Wins, but I would end season with Zero Saves. In off season I took a look at teams who win, and saw Saves add up to a lot of points. So do Holds. So pitchers who put up 30 Saves or 30 Holds are worth more than I had thought in Fantasy, just as I'm learning in football you need #1 WR's, not those # 2 or # 3 WR guys. Guys who get thrown the ball a LOT.....So I made up my mind I was going to draft Clase of Cleveland around Round One, because he had over 40 Saves in 2022 and is still so young. A good young arm. I was going to grab a top Closer for a change. Had we been in the old league with 2 Keepers, one team had Alcantara and Clase and some top hitters. I was going to KEEP Judge and try to steal his Alcantara or Clase, whichever one he didn't KEEP. The new league with no KEEPERS let me zero in on Clase even more. I was going to put up SAVES for a change, because the winning teams have Saves, as I looked at it in off season. My having Zero Saves was hurting me then.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Message to Tecmo

I see your trade offer to me. Let me make you a counter offer. You let me have your 2 players for nothing on my part, and in football season I will let you have Wentz for nothing. I will make sure I draft Wentz at some point to just give to you.

Now I know you said my Wentz offer last Fall was the worst trade offer you had ever seen. But maybe you have grown to like Wentz. Your 2 baseball players now for nothing in return, but I make sure you get Wentz for nothing in football.

Just kidding. We face each other Monday, so I'm not trying to get a war started. Just kidding about some strange Wentz for 2 baseball players.

That Houston starter is my best starter so far, so I don't see how I can trade him, even though you offered me 2 good players and a fair deal. Plus those Houston bats put up a ton of run support. Your offer did get me to look at my relievers, and I did drop 2 relievers struggling for 2 free agent relievers putting up points first 2 months. And I added a hot bat, I think Ozuna. Dropped the Cubs 3rd baseman who's bat has went cold. I had somebody to put at 3rd and open up a spot for Ozuna in OF or DH.

I figured I better fix some weak areas before I take on Tecmo and Houndizzles next 2 weeks. I'm going to need that Houston starter, he is now my highest points pitcher. Both you guys are going to be hard weeks, I'm going to have to pack a lunch, I have hard work ahead trying to out manage you two.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 08:47 PM)kevin Wrote: Message to Tecmo

I see your trade offer to me. Let me make you a counter offer. You let me have your 2 players for nothing on my part, and in football season I will let you have Wentz for nothing. I will make sure I draft Wentz at some point to just give to you.  

Now I know you said my Wentz offer last Fall was the worst trade offer you had ever seen.  But maybe you have grown to like Wentz.  Your 2 baseball players now for nothing in return, but I make sure you get Wentz for nothing in football.  

Just kidding.  We face each other Monday, so I'm not trying to get a war started.  Just kidding about some strange Wentz for 2 baseball players.

That Houston starter is my best starter so far, so I don't see how I can trade him, even though you offered me 2 good players and a fair deal.  Plus those Houston bats put up a ton of run support.  Your offer did get me to look at my relievers, and I did drop 2 relievers struggling for 2 free agent relievers putting up points first 2 months.  And I added a hot bat, I think Ozuna.  Dropped the Cubs 3rd baseman who's bat has went cold.  I had somebody to put at 3rd and open up a spot for Ozuna in OF or DH.

I figured I better fix some weak areas before I take on Tecmo and Houndizzles next 2 weeks.  I'm going to need that Houston starter, he is now my highest points pitcher. Both you guys are going to be hard weeks, I'm going to have to pack a lunch, I have hard work ahead trying to out manage you two.

Wentz isn't even in the NFL anymore.  Tongue

I'm getting crushed this week in the league.
Reply/Quote
Yo'!  Lol  S'up ladies?  Heads up to all thine here belonging to thy Fantastical Foosball Leeeeeeege.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVw5BIOUbAPtZ8xHSlQFU...Y&usqp=CAU]

Haveth a vary Blezzed day.  Fella's.  Lmao  Off to MOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Hilarious

[Image: im-watching-you-i-got-my-eye-on-you.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2023, 12:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How's everyone doing? I'm 5-2 and second place in my division.

I don't watch baseball anymore, fella.  But, at 5 - 3 and 7/8, I can dunk on you, Lol.
[Image: spud-ingame-dunk.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
DDs vs Ohio Guz this week. Someone has to lose! After this week, my schedule gets brutal moving forward. Tecmo vs Cincy Redleg's! Let the cannibalisms begin.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 01:33 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: DDs vs Ohio Guz this week. Someone has to lose! After this week, my schedule gets brutal moving forward. Tecmo vs Cincy Redleg's! Let the cannibalisms begin.

That's Cincy Red Bengal.   Are there red Bengals tigers ?  For Cincinnati, there has to be. 

My first meeting with Tecmo Bengals in Baseball.  Yes, some of the better records have to take a loss this week.  Catch up time for teams climbing the ladder.  Some top teams facing each other, and as Houndizzles points out, Some Teams Have To Lose.  

I have a felling many battles will come down to who puts up points on Sunday,  wire finishes winning by a nose. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ugh. I failed to get my lineup set.
Reply/Quote
In all my Fantasy Baseball Leagues, I felt June 1st called for player moves. I added best Free Agents in May at Hitter, Starting Pitcher and Relief Pitcher in all leagues. This meant dumping players who had a bad May. I felt these 3 add on's needed to keep each of my fantasy teams having some HOT players with the March draft and April long gone.

In this league I was amazed to find Reds Lively the best free agent starting pitcher and Reds Weaver the best free agent reliever listed. It was all math and May fantasy points, i do not add players because they are Reds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Back and forth week. Tecmo came back and got me. Houser was a free agent. I added that Brewers pitcher for Saturday. Was going to add Houser for Sunday, but Tecmo moved on him faster. Ohio Guz grabbed last Free Agent Starting Pitcher. Not one Sunday Pitcher left to add. I added a reliever, but he never pitched. My starting pitching Sunday was bad. Houser who I was going to grab put up over 40 points for Tecmo. That move WON the week for Tecmo, because if hadn't grabbed Houser, I would have.

Good battle between me and Tecmo. Good WIN Tecmo.

I move on to face Top Team in Ohio Guz. I saw I had no Monday Pitcher, so had to add one to try to keep pace with Ohio Guz early. Puts up too many points for me to accept Zero Starting Pitching Points before the fact.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2023, 06:49 PM)kevin Wrote: Back and forth week. Tecmo came back and got me.  Houser was a free agent. I added that Brewers pitcher for Saturday.  Was going to add Houser for Sunday, but Tecmo moved on him faster.  Ohio Guz grabbed last Free Agent Starting Pitcher.  Not one Sunday Pitcher left to add. I added a reliever, but he never pitched.  My starting pitching Sunday was bad.  Houser who I was going to grab put up over 40 points for Tecmo.  That move WON the week for Tecmo, because if hadn't grabbed Houser, I would have.

Good battle between me and Tecmo.  Good WIN Tecmo.

I move on to face Top Team in Ohio Guz.  I saw I had no Monday Pitcher, so had to add one to try to keep pace with Ohio Guz early. Puts up too many points for me to  accept Zero Starting Pitching Points before the fact.

It was a crazy week for sure. I messed up and missed out on 15 points earlier in the week with a missed start. It's going to be a long season!
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2023, 07:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It was a crazy week for sure. I messed up and missed out on 15 points earlier in the week with a missed start. It's going to be a long season!

Well you nailed it getting the last remaining free agent starting pitcher Sunday. Not only did that shut me out on my saved move to get an extra Sunday starter, but he put up over 40 points for you instead of me.   So you didn't mess that up, you hit the nail right on the head. Your Sunday player move turned out to be Checkmate, because you also left the free agent Sunday starters list empty once you grabbed Houser who I had plans of grabbing.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
A classic battle for years this week. Houndizzles vs Dune Dogs
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Is Sid Finch just a hold over spot with no actual owner?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2023, 10:46 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Is Sid Finch just a hold over spot with no actual owner?

Sid Finch has a manager. He just isn't as active as some would like. Thats pretty typical of FBB. Eventually, the hope is to weed out the non-active managers and have all teams active. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2023, 12:16 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Sid Finch has a manager. He just isn't as active as some would like. Thats pretty typical of FBB. Eventually, the hope is to weed out the non-active managers and have all teams active. 

Yea, most fantasy sports have inactive players. I thought maybe the Sid Finch joke was there was also no owner. It's a bad team.  LMAO
Reply/Quote
I picked German up and he pitched a perfect game. He netted me 92 points.
Reply/Quote