Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(06-29-2023, 09:26 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I picked German up and he pitched a perfect game. He netted me 92 points.

Lol...One hell of a dart throw! You better bet something with Vegas this weekend because you currently have the horseshoe embedded deep in that arse... Hilarious 

Dude was coming off two games where he gave up like 17 runs combined! DDs and I were laughing about it earlier. Good move, ya lucky sob  Cool  

Grabbing Abbot was a great move. 
Reply/Quote
Injury time for my team. My OF is getting depleted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Injury time for my team. My OF is getting depleted.

It's always interesting near the All-Star break how guys suddenly get "injured"..lol.. I think the extra days off have a lot to do with some of the "injuries". My team is dealing with the same issue. Good first half!  Kevin, you doing alright? Haven't heard anything from you in a bit.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Injury time for my team. My OF is getting depleted.

I know how you feel... I can't seem go from week to week without 5 or 6 on the IL or DTD, it has almost put me without a shot at the playoffs. All though it is going to be a hard battle to make the 6th spot now.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Tecmo and I meet 2 times in the last 4 weeks which could have some playoff implications. Unfortunately I am also at the mercy of some other teams match ups as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 07:42 PM)selon23 Wrote: Looks like Tecmo and I meet 2 times in the last 4 weeks which could have some playoff implications. Unfortunately I am also at the mercy of some other teams match ups as well.

Which team is yours?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 09:33 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which team is yours?

Dune Dogs
Reply/Quote
If we had named our FBB teams according to song, I'm pretty sure that mine would be, Train Kept a Rollin released in 1973 by Aerosmith. Would have been about the same time that I had my first beer and cigarette. Wink
Reply/Quote
Yesterday did me in. I had too many SPs to start in one day and of course benched two who did the best. I needed those points.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 01:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yesterday did me in. I had too many SPs to start in one day and of course benched two who did the best. I needed those points.

Don't forget that you can go over on starting pitchers on Sunday as long as you don't go over the week limit on Saturday.  So Sunday you can try to get as many starting pitchers in as possible to try to get pitching points and make a big comeback win.  Look at it this way, you have nothing to lose trying to get in a bunch of Sunday starting pitchers. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 03:10 PM)kevin Wrote: Don't forget that you can go over on starting pitchers on Sunday as long as you don't go over the week limit on Saturday.  So Sunday you can try to get as many starting pitchers in as possible to try to get pitching points and make a big comeback win.  Look at it this way, you have nothing to lose trying to get in a bunch of Sunday starting pitchers. 

I've already used up my weekly transactions.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 03:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've already used up my weekly transactions.

Whatever happens Tecmo, you played a good season.  If Dune Dog wins, he is the one I told you before season that has won it all before.  If he gets in play-offs, he could beat me and everybody again.  You have won in football before, so looking for you to be tough in football also.  I had worst football season of anybody, and I hope I can end my record breaking league losing streak.  Anyway, you played a good baseball season, a good winning record  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It was a fun league although I feel hitters and closers are relatively inconsequential to almost pointless for even caring about when managing the roster. The league settings favor SP. I didn't prioritize it enough during the draft.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It was a fun league although I feel hitters and closers are relatively inconsequential to almost pointless for even caring about when managing the roster. The league settings favor SP. I didn't prioritize it enough during the draft.
TECMO....You are in the Play-Offs

Somehow you finished 3rd and Ohio Guz 4th per ESPN...

TECMO.....Don't Stop Playing.....You have as much chance of winning as anybody.....You made the Play-Offs. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 08:06 AM)kevin Wrote: TECMO....You are in the Play-Offs

Somehow you finished 3rd and Ohio Guz 4th per ESPN...

TECMO.....Don't Stop Playing.....You have as much chance of winning as anybody.....You made the Play-Offs. 

I always play until the end even when in the loser bracket!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It was a fun league although I feel hitters and closers are relatively inconsequential to almost pointless for even caring about when managing the roster. The league settings favor SP. I didn't prioritize it enough during the draft.

Brand new league bro. Still working out a few details. It's difficult to change rules after the season kicks in. We'll be tweaking some of those things for next season. Ts, I disagree about RP and hitting being irrelevant. SP pitching was the key this season, but we will reign that in come next season. A great game by a SP should never reach more than 40-50 points, and I mean GREAT game like no hitter type shit.   Regardless, we are happy to have you guys. All input is appreciated and weighed with serious consideration. We have a solid core of active managers and will continue to try and improve on that moving forward. We will also address some of the faults in the scoring this year, trust me, we are aware. Best of luck to both of you guys. FBB is a long season, and it takes dedication to compete and stay relevant. 

Make the most of your playoff spot. Trust me when I tell you that April is salty. She's a solid competitor. Nothing like going to sleep with tie and in, then waking up to a 2 point loss and being out after ESPN's "points adjustment".  

There are a lot of moving parts for scoring in FBB. We missed a few things only to realize it after the season started. I will give you a similar reference. Bfine adjusted the scoring so that tackles counted as a point in the football league. It is a big step in the right direction. Unfortunately, he only included solo tackles. Shared tackles should have been counted as half a point. So, a player may accumulate 12 tackles at the IDP position in the box score, but if only 3 were solo tackles that is all you will get credit for with the current scoring system.  

Anyways, appreciate you guys being in the BB league and we will continue to make the proper changes to make it consistent and right.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:27 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Brand new league bro. Still working out a few details. It's difficult to change rules after the season kicks in. We'll be tweaking some of those things for next season. Ts, I disagree about RP and hitting being irrelevant. SP pitching was the key this season, but we will reign that in come next season. A great game by a SP should never reach more than 40-50 points, and I mean GREAT game like no hitter type shit.   Regardless, we are happy to have you guys. All input is appreciated and weighed with serious consideration. We have a solid core of active managers and will continue to try and improve on that moving forward. We will also address some of the faults in the scoring this year, trust me, we are aware. Best of luck to both of you guys. FBB is a long season, and it takes dedication to compete and stay relevant. 

Make the most of your playoff spot. Trust me when I tell you that April is salty. She's a solid competitor. Nothing like going to sleep with tie and in, then waking up to a 2 point loss and being out after ESPN's "points adjustment".  

There are a lot of moving parts for scoring in FBB. We missed a few things only to realize it after the season started. I will give you a similar reference. Bfine adjusted the scoring so that tackles counted as a point in the football league. It is a big step in the right direction. Unfortunately, he only included solo tackles. Shared tackles should have been counted as half a point. So, a player may accumulate 12 tackles at the IDP position in the box score, but if only 3 were solo tackles that is all you will get credit for with the current scoring system.  

Anyways, appreciate you guys being in the BB league and we will continue to make the proper changes to make it consistent and right.  

I feel you on working out the details. I'm not upset or anything. My comment was more of an observation and I stand by the opinion that SP proved vital to success. I think the best weekly strategy was have as many SPs go as possible to rack up points even for mediocre to below average starts. I didn't even bother with my hitters at times when there were injuries or slumps because I knew my SP could carry me just by getting in some innings.

It is definitely a competitive and active league so I'm happy to play again next year! Maybe I'll luck out and have to defend my championship.
Reply/Quote
Some really good matchups this week! DDs separated a little from BubbaT tonight, but Tecmo and Knights are going to come down to the wire.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 12:51 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Some really good matchups this week! DDs separated a little from BubbaT tonight, but Tecmo and Knights are going to come down to the wire.

He's got the W. He has SP today and I do not. I'm out of roster moves for the week.
Reply/Quote
Well, I didn't earn my win as the competition didn't start their Sunday pitchers. I'll take the free pass as I advance in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote