Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Broncos predictions
(12-21-2015, 06:13 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: 17-13  Bengals.

Man I am right with ya. Gonna be a physical game and we probably score off turnovers and flipped FP.
Reply/Quote
I don't predict outcomes, but I will predict a slightly better showing from the offensive line.

I believe a decent portion of the struggles we saw last week with the line and the running game fall back to all of the accolades Dalton gets for being a great pre snap quarterback. Checking at the line, reading defenses, rotating protections, changing the plays, etc... Add in the quick drop, read, and throw of Dalton's, and I think he covers up some of the weaknesses of this line.

This is what Andy is known for, and something a guy in his first start just can't do.

I expect the line to get better as they take more of those responsibilities upon themselves, but we're going to see a drop off for sure.

Lucky for AJM, he's going to have Andy by his side helping with in game adjustments.

The Bengals can win this, but the defense is going to have to play great football. :)
Reply/Quote
24-21 either way.

Reply/Quote
So Osweiller is hurt also.  They're not saying how bad it is right now, because teams don't like to do that.  
But Peyton Manning was considered unfit, so they went to Osweiller.  Now Osweiller is hurt, so it looks like they're going to go back to Manning.  Point is - they're more messed up at QB right now than we are.

Prediction:

Cincinnati 21
Denver    17

*It should also work out really well for AJMac that Denver doesn't have a healthy safety - Pittsburgh broke the leg of their 3rd stringer on Sunday.  So I'd think that gives us an advantage in this one.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Three other things to consider. Injuries are taking a toll on them. Their OL is almost as banged up as the Chargers OL. Also, our team is much better in turnover ratio (+9 to 0). Finally, they've been a terrible 2nd half team the last three weeks.
Reply/Quote
I predict I'll be able to watch the game on TV without having to go to an expensive sports bar. $12 for two white zinfandels! Sheesh.
Reply/Quote
going back and forth on this one...

think our offense is going to get smothered and I think they are going to blitz the hell out of AJMc so i'm worried we'll be the ones with fumbles/ints this week.

That said they're banged up to and I just cannot see any team running away with it.

I'm going to stay optimistic and say we have a big game on special teams. Huber needs a HUGE game and I fancy Adam Jones break off a big punt return to sneak it for us ..Whodey!

17-14 bengals
Reply/Quote
Does Geno even play?

I'd love a win, but I don't see how it happens

24- Broncos
16- Bengals

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 06:40 PM)Earendil Wrote: 0-0 tie

This seems like a really tall order.  The running game is a mess, backup QB, Geno in the thin air...

To me, everything has to go right to come out of this with a win and perfection seems pretty unlikely.

I see the defense holding up their end but the offense struggling to score.

We lose a low scoring brawl.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 09:52 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Does Geno even play?

I'd love a win, but I don't see how it happens

24- Broncos
16- Bengals

He did play in Denver back in 2011. He had a sack and a couple of tackles... I have no idea where I read it, but I seem to remember him saying it was the sustained drives of the Broncos that really hit him hard. I think he specified a 10 play drive that forced him to the bench with the oxygen tank.

The NCAA recommends limiting sustained maximum effort to under 2-3 minutes at any given time, so football players can have playing time.

Geno has been playing roughly 75% of defensive snaps this season. I'll bet we go heavy on the active tackles this week, and cut that count below 50%. I'd also bet Geno has that oxygen tank glued to his side when he's not on the field.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24
Broncos - 17

Will be a heck of a game!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Prime Time curse rears it's ugly head

Bad guys 31-9
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will be victorious in the second 24-14 game in a row.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Broncos 27
Bengals 13

Not even close.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 08:55 PM)milksheikh Wrote: What makes you (or anyone) think the offense will play better against #1 defense?

They played better against Pitt without Dalton and Eifert than they did against San Fran.  Didn't turn it over though.  

San Fran game had a ton of "meh" involved.  Bad team, west coast, borderline meaningless, no Eifert, and dinged up Green.  Oline played flat.  One can say that game was to clinch a playoff spot, but a major miracle was required for the Bengals to miss the playoffs.  That appeared to carry so much meaning that Marvin didn't even know what they'd clinched post game.

This team put up a nice number in AZ, but nothing at home against Houston.  We will rise to the level of opposition!

24-23 Bengals
Reply/Quote
12 to 6 Bengals.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 11:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Bengals 23 - Broncos 17

Cincinnati plays up.  Denver plays down.  Ends in a close one.

Just a gut feeling.

Whatever How can you play down when you don't have the better record?
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 03:40 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: Whatever How can you play down when you don't have the better record?

Because the better record was obtained with Dalton under center and Atkins not attached to an oxygen tank and probably playing very little, most likely.

If the Patriots started Jimmy Garapalo or whoever is their backup nowadays, it wouldn't make them the best team just because they had the better record.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals-17
Broncos-12

Should be a low scoring game with these Defenses.
Reply/Quote
This is going to be a low scoring affair. Denver has a great D and after that Pitt game is going to be looking to bounce back and what better way to make themselves feel good but by beating up on an inexperienced QB.

However, Denver's O has had some issues lately - especially in the 2nd half of games - and our D is also pretty decent, so i don't expect a huge game from Brock or Peyton or whomever Denver starts at QB.

This game is going to come down to the running game of both teams. The winner of this game will be the one that gets the most out of their running game.

As much as I'm hoping and rooting for a Cincy win, I think our D will struggle against the run and combined with at least 1 INT from AJM, I don't think we win this. We'll have a chance, but I think our defense gives up too many big running plays and our offense will do virtually nothing.

Broncos win 10-6.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote