Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Broncos predictions
Mrs. RockyMountainBengal and I will be there at the game, right behind the visitor sideline. I can tell you the local media here in CO is not so sure this will be an easy win for Denver. I don't expect our Bengals to win this one but I do think it will be close.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Have fun with the wifey man and WHO DEY out there! Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 08:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals 24
Broncos 13

Defense comes up big for Bengals.  Burfict is coming strong, shaking off rust, Atkins is back to pro-bowl level, Jones has a mission, and Nelson is having his best season; so is Peko.  I believe the Bengals will rush better this game and AJ will manage the offense good enough.   I have faith in this defense. 

Is Atkins going to play? Doesn't his Sickle cell disease act up in that thin air?

Reply/Quote
Like others have said I feel this game will come down to who can run it with some success. And whoever does better on special teams.

Our O-line has shown no ability to run block of late and if they stay true to form Macaroni is going to be in for a long game.

Barring the ball bouncing our way A LOT, I think we come up short.

Bengals 16

Broncos 23
Reply/Quote
If I'm Denver.... On defense I blitz --- A lot. On offense I spread out our D and run Hillman outside and on screens while occasionally taking shots deep with Thomas/Sanders when presented with one on one matchups.

If I'm Cincy... On defense I show blitz but back out most of the time. I play my outside LBs a step to the outside to negate Hillman. If Anderson is in, I play normal. Safeties need to play deep. Our front four must get to the QB. On offense I run it between the tackles mostly, but do an end around and misdirection to keep them honest. I also throw deep as this appears to be McCarron's best strength. I would not throw WR screens and tight windows over the middle. He doesn't have the arm. To combat the blitz I often have a WR on a drag route and fly pattern. If they play their safeties deep I attack the middle with Eifert/Kroft.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 03:41 AM)Bryan Wrote: Is Atkins going to play? Doesn't his Sickle cell disease act up in that thin air?

Yes, he's playing. They'll keep him super hydrated, limit his snaps a bit, and keep oxygen handy at all times.

Here's a link to an article that talks about it:

CincyJungle Article
Reply/Quote
Just for that day the Bengals will pick up millions of fans who live right in the center of the U.S.

The Broncos Chiefs rivalry is even older than Bengals Steelers but doesn't seem as contentious and their games are cleaner. The weird thing is that according to the article I read they think it would be better to go in as WC and get to play either Houston or IND in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 09:08 AM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: Just for that day the Bengals will pick up millions of fans who live right in the center of the U.S.  

The Broncos Chiefs rivalry is even older than Bengals Steelers but doesn't seem as contentious and their games are cleaner.  The weird thing is that according to the article I read they think it would be better to go in as WC and get to play either Houston or IND in the first round.

It's better to give than receive, so let's give those Broncos a WC seeding!
Reply/Quote
Experts almost unanimously pick Denver.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/23/10656502/2015-nfl-picks-predictions-experts-week-16-cardinals-broncos-patriots-jets
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 03:41 AM)Bryan Wrote: Is Atkins going to play? Doesn't his Sickle cell disease act up in that thin air?

I don't think his condition is as bad as Ryan Clark's. As long as Denver doesn't have any long sustained drives, Geno should remain healthy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I've got to pick Denver 13 Bengals 10 in a close game with a field goal winning it as time expires. Both defenses play tough.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'll go the other way on this.

Bengals 13
Denver 10

Boring defensive game but the offense manages a drive late for Nugent to use the thin air and kick a 51 yarder to win it.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals put on the best defensive performance of the year and win the AFC-N, with the caveat McCarron can win the field position battle, which is questionable.

I think some of the defenders might get a rest or half a game in the Ravens game, so they're playing for that too.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I want to believe they can win this game but the Bengals offense looked terrible against a bad 49ers defense.

They barely won despite 3 or 4 turnovers thanks to the defense.

Eifert is out, Atkins won't play due to altitude, the running game is bad and Denver brings a top notch D.

Unless AJ McCarron can turn into the next Brady I don't see any possible way to win this game.

Broncos 27

Bengals 10
Reply/Quote
Atkins is playing
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
24-20 Bengals.

Reggie Nelson seals it with a pick.

Book it
Reply/Quote
Broncos 24
Bengals 6
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote

Geno Atkins was cleared to play the game today
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
20-17 good guys
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Atkins is playing