Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Browns predictions
Bengals 35 Stains 7

4 TD passes (Green, Eifert, Sanu and Bernard) plus a pick six by Peko.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 02:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I would have been more worried about Manziel scrambling around to create plays than I am Austin Davis.  I will tell you this... if I'm Jimmy Haslam, Pettine just signed his walking papers with this move.  You drafted Manziel in the first round, and he has actually looked better each time he has played... you must let him play the rest of this year to see if you need to draft another quarterback next year.  Oh well, bring on another new coach in Cleveland!

Ya, I firmly believe the coaching staff has been playing this Johnny thing all wrong. Guys like Johnny are a pain, but they can do well if you let them be themselves. At half time vs the Bengals, Pettine wanted Johnny to play 'more from the pocket' and make less plays outside the pocket. I guess the moron didn't realize our defense was reeling anytime Johnny left the pocket. Then, they bench him like he showed up drunk for practice. I don't get why they drafted the kid.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 02:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Bengals: 30
Browns: 10

I would have been more worried about Manziel scrambling around to create plays than I am Austin Davis.  I will tell you this... if I'm Jimmy Haslam, Pettine just signed his walking papers with this move.  You drafted Manziel in the first round, and he has actually looked better each time he has played... you must let him play the rest of this year to see if you need to draft another quarterback next year.  Oh well, bring on another new coach in Cleveland!

Pettine is a terrible HC.  He deserves firing.  The bigger problem is, the people who will fire him deserve firing too, including the horrible owner.   That whole organization is a mess.

They draft terribly and when they do hit on an occasional pick, the player will inevitably get the hell out of there the second his rookie deal expires.  And who can blame him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Eifert, Tyler
Hall, Leon
Iloka, George
Jones, Adam
Lamur, Emmanuel
Lewis-Harris, Chris

Today's players who missed practice due to injury. The Browns have something to prove, especially after Monday night. Hopefully these guys get healthy quick (especially in the secondary)
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 07:25 PM)McC Wrote: Pettine is a terrible HC.  He deserves firing.  The bigger problem is, the people who will fire him deserve firing too, including the horrible owner.   That whole organization is a mess.

They draft terribly and when they do hit on an occasional pick, the player will inevitably get the hell out of there the second his rookie deal expires.  And who can blame him?

I'm actually warming to Pettine, and think the 'Factory of Sadness' move will be to fire the guy trying to do the right thing instead of the easy thing.

I'm 90% sure Manziel isn't a quarterback you build around even if he grows up. I'm 100% sure he won't grow up by continuing to get opportunities after acting like an ass.

Pettine is trying to bring order to a roster full of jackasses, and a madhouse of a front office. He looks like an idiot because no one has his back...

He'll get fired, they'll hit the reset button with some other poor bastard, and the Factory will pump out new flavor of sadness for as long as they refuse to stick to a course of action.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 11:05 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I can still see Manziel starting. He was punished during the Ravens game.  He might be out of the corner for our game.  

(12-02-2015, 02:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Bengals: 30
Browns: 10

I would have been more worried about Manziel scrambling around to create plays than I am Austin Davis.  I will tell you this... if I'm Jimmy Haslam, Pettine just signed his walking papers with this move.  You drafted Manziel in the first round, and he has actually looked better each time he has played... you must let him play the rest of this year to see if you need to draft another quarterback next year.  Oh well, bring on another new coach in Cleveland!

(12-02-2015, 07:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya, I firmly believe the coaching staff has been playing this Johnny thing all wrong. Guys like Johnny are a pain, but they can do well if you let them be themselves. At half time vs the Bengals, Pettine wanted Johnny to play 'more from the pocket' and make less plays outside the pocket. I guess the moron didn't realize our defense was reeling anytime Johnny left the pocket. Then, they bench him like he showed up drunk for practice. I don't get why they drafted the kid.

I'm not sure any of you know what transpired there.

The guy who failed to show at the end of the season because he was liquored up, then spent time in rehab over the offseason, was promoted to starter at the start of their bye.  He told his teammates, coaches, and owner that he would not be a distraction and was going to go home and prepare over the bye week.  Instead he went out partying and got busted doing so by photos in the media.  He then LIED to the staff and owner and claimed the party was last year, THEN ASKED OTHERS TO LIE AS WELL!!!

They are doing the right thing by continuing to punish him, as it's only fair to his teammates that the little prick be held accountable.  In all honesty they should do what they did in D.C. and make him play scout team safety.
Reply/Quote
Bengals - 34
Brownies - 10
Reply/Quote
Bought tickets to this one. Section 102 Row 18. Gonna buy a jersey to wear too, though I'm not sure which one yet.

Reply/Quote
Bengals 42
Browns 0
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 09:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Eifert, Tyler
Hall, Leon
Iloka, George
Jones, Adam
Lamur, Emmanuel
Lewis-Harris, Chris

Today's players who missed practice due to injury.  The Browns have something to prove, especially after Monday night.  Hopefully these guys get healthy quick (especially in the secondary)

Im most worried about Eifert missing the game. They literally had no answer for him last time in the redzone.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 10:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm not sure any of you know what transpired there.

The guy who failed to show at the end of the season because he was liquored up, then spent time in rehab over the offseason, was promoted to starter at the start of their bye.  He told his teammates, coaches, and owner that he would not be a distraction and was going to go home and prepare over the bye week.  Instead he went out partying and got busted doing so by photos in the media.  He then LIED to the staff and owner and claimed the party was last year, THEN ASKED OTHERS TO LIE AS WELL!!!

They are doing the right thing by continuing to punish him, as it's only fair to his teammates that the little prick be held accountable.  In all honesty they should do what they did in D.C. and make him play scout team safety.

They should cut him.  If they are that upset by what transpired, they you cut him and move on.  You definitely don't have him dress for games.  Imagine if Austin were to get hurt between now and the end of the season, they bring in Manziel and he gets hurt... at that point, I believe they are on the hook for the entire contract.  I understand not wanting him, but if you really are that upset you cut him and move on.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are the walking wounded with worse injury news coming today. Burfict added to the list and not practicing after going yesterday which is never good. Same with Iloka. Also none of the other shelved players returned to practice today.

According to Hobs, Eifert likely out. Remember a stinger ended his rookie season. So there's some concern there.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 10:12 PM)gobobro Wrote: I'm actually warming to Pettine, and think the 'Factory of Sadness' move will be to fire the guy trying to do the right thing instead of the easy thing.

I'm 90% sure Manziel isn't a quarterback you build around even if he grows up. I'm 100% sure he won't grow up by continuing to get opportunities after acting like an ass.

Pettine is trying to bring order to a roster full of jackasses, and a madhouse of a front office. He looks like an idiot because no one has his back...

He'll get fired, they'll hit the reset button with some other poor bastard, and the Factory will pump out new flavor of sadness for as long as they refuse to stick to a course of action.

You know how could turn Johnny around in a couple years? Marvin Lewis.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 05:33 PM)Utts Wrote: You know how could turn Johnny around in a couple years? Marvin Lewis.

Please don't go there.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31
Browns 9

I expect a bashing given out performance offensively over the last two games, but we seem to love picking up the penalties in division games. I don't expect it to happen given the renewed look of the Bengals. I think Hill has a bust out game with a TD, Dalton goes for 3 TDs one to Eifert, Jones, and Green. We get a field goal as we run the clock out in the 4th with Hill/Gio combo.

I think the Browns come out electric just like last time, but we swallow them whole by midway through the 1st quarter and drop them out like the deuce stains they are. Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
I just don't want Austin Davis to catch lightning in a bottle and hit Travis Benjamin on long pass plays against the depleted secondary. I don't think this is going to be the whitewashing people think.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 05:33 PM)Utts Wrote: You know how could turn Johnny around in a couple years? Marvin Lewis.

Marvin Lewis had Kitna, Palmer, and Dalton.  I'm thinking it's high time we realize that Marvin Lewis was given a pretty decent slate of QB luck when you compare him to a lot of HC's out there.  The fact that Marvin could get wins out of what amount to 2 of the best QBs in the game this year doesn't mean we should give him Johhny Football and wait for results.

Not saying you are saying that, but c'mon man!
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 06:25 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I just don't want Austin Davis to catch lightning in a bottle and hit Travis Benjamin on long pass plays against the depleted secondary. I don't think this is going to be the whitewashing people think.

Never is. We've been scraping medioricy since inception. Doesn't hurt to dream tho. 
Bengals 17
Stains 6
Reply/Quote
Anyone see the "Crawler" tonight on NFLN when the Bengals @ Browns game came up?

It talked about the Bengals and how Andy Dalton needs less than 100 yards passing to become the first QB since Payton Manning to throw for 3000+ yards in their first five seasons.

Then it was the Browns turn and it said "Browns clinch their 8th straight losing season", lol.

I'm paraphrasing of course because I don't want to have to wait for the "Crawler" to come back around.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 12:48 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They should cut him.  If they are that upset by what transpired, they you cut him and move on.  You definitely don't have him dress for games.  Imagine if Austin were to get hurt between now and the end of the season, they bring in Manziel and he gets hurt... at that point, I believe they are on the hook for the entire contract.  I understand not wanting him, but if you really are that upset you cut him and move on.

I agree with everything you have said here. 
Good Post
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote