Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Cardinals predictions
Things get right this weekend, Bengals 27 - Cardinals 14.

I'm an optimist though.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 04:56 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: Things get right this weekend, Bengals 27 - Cardinals 14.

I'm an optimist though.

I'm trying hard to believe, I am. 

I forget who? But I was listening to a talking head couple days ago and he was saying they're not finishing plays. They're not running out routes, they're not finishing blocks, they're not tackling well, so on, so on. And he's right!

By far our biggest issue has been Burrow playing on one leg. But just as is almost always the case there's more to the story as stated above. Can they finally get it together in GAME 5??? With Joe Burrow supposedly getting better? I sure hope so. This is for all intents and purposes a true "must win game".

I sure hope they've got all of the knots out of their rope. But I'm still very skeptical. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
looks like on top of the anemic Offense we are now facing losing our 2 staring corners (CTB and Chido) and possibly Trey. This isnt looking good.
Cards- 27
Bengals- 9
Reply/Quote
i do NOT think this offense is ready to explode and score a ton of points. Burrow and Higgins are way too injured.

However IF, and I mean IF The Bengals Defense plays like The Super Bowl Type Defense they have been the last few years and keeps it a low score, I think Bengals could score around 20 points or so to win a low scoring game. Bengals are not going to be winning any high scoring games until Burrow is healthy, but the Bengals Defense could help get a WIN at Arizona.

Bengals 23
Cardinals 20

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Burrow is playing? Geez.

Can't drop back from Center, can't slide around in the pocket, can't roll out and throw on the run, can't push off and throw deep.

He's miraculously going to be able to do all this without rest and healing?

I have to see it to believe it.

Until then:
- Burrow should be benched to rest/heal
- Coaches/Ownership have their heads up their a** by still playing him
- Bengals continue to lose

Cardinals win
Reply/Quote
if burrow can move, we win. he hasn't shown much, so if he can't move it's another loss and season closing down on itself. seeing how mobile the college QBs were yesterday it's not even fair to have a statue back there lol
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 10:38 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm trying hard to believe, I am. 

I forget who? But I was listening to a talking head couple days ago and he was saying they're not finishing plays. They're not running out routes, they're not finishing blocks, they're not tackling well, so on, so on. And he's right!

By far our biggest issue has been Burrow playing on one leg. But just as is almost always the case there's more to the story as stated above. Can they finally get it together in GAME 5??? With Joe Burrow supposedly getting better? I sure hope so. This is for all intents and purposes a true "must win game".

I sure hope they've got all of the knots out of their rope. But I'm still very skeptical. 

Hate to say that this early in the season, but have to agree. 

If Bengals go down 1-4 then I don't see much playoff hope at all. 

Yet 2-3 would keep a glimmer alive

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My predictions are always to be taken with a grain of salt. I never pick against our guys. It's just a question of what kind of blowout I'm expecting. This week I'm feeling a pair of even numbers and a ratio nipping at 3:1...

Bengals 34
Cards 12
Reply/Quote
Perhaps Zac turns to Brian Callahan for some much needed help this week. He sure could use it.
Cardinals can be beat deep, but we can't throw it deep. They also are sure tacklers so dink-n-dunk won't work either.

Ranked 23rd against the run and 24th against the pass, this would be a great time for a balanced game plan. Unfortunately, I see ZT going back to the same well and coming back with the same results. This could be the week we see Browning come in if the offense sputters again. I keep hearing that Joe is fine, but like Marvin always said, "I see better than I hear."

Cardinals 31
Bengals 17

For a team that supposed to be tanking, we should've just killed these guys. Sure seems like a totally foreign thought, doesn't it?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Cardinals 42-6.

Until i see this offense not be pure trash I’m not picking us Vs Anyone.

I could easily see this being a career day for Dobbs and James Connor. Something is wrong with this team
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 01:09 PM)Housh Wrote: Cardinals 42-6.

Until i see this offense not be pure trash I’m not picking us Vs Anyone.

I could easily see this being a career day for Dobbs and James Connor. Something is wrong with this team

I don't see our Defense giving up that many points but you never know. I agree about not picking us vs anyone though right now 
until we see some semblance of the team from late last season. There are too many things wrong with this team as you say and it 
isn't just Burrow, it is the OL coach, the playcalling, the trenches etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 11:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hate to say that this early in the season, but have to agree. 

If Bengals go down 1-4 then I don't see much playoff hope at all.

Yet 2-3 would keep a glimmer alive

Right

Just look at schedule after Cardinals

Seahawks- decent team
49ers- prolly best team in NFL thus far
Bills- just yeah
Texans- trending up with a bullet
Ravens- just yeah

If we come away from that 3-2 we'd be flying. And 4-6 is very likely just too big a hole to dig out of.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 10:38 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm trying hard to believe, I am. 

When I read this all I could hear was...

[Image: w8juw.jpg]

I am too, Jules.  I am too. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 02:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: When I read this all I could hear was...

[Image: w8juw.jpg]

I am too, Jules.  I am too. 

Lmao HilariousHilarious
Reply/Quote
The return of the lost decade! It was good while it lasted Cardinals 24 Bengals 10. Zac still hasn’t figured out what a run game means

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Soooo...whomp whomp.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 08:27 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Bengals tough it out to win 24 - 20

Had it nailed at the end of 3rd. Glad our guys went on to score 10 more 4th quarter points!  Who Dey
Reply/Quote