Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals@Chiefs Prediction
I'll start by saying it will be an epic game. Mahomes is going to play with little injury. I still think the Bengals take care of business and have a good day. Bengals 27 Chiefs 24
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
First, I predict that Romo gushes over how "gutsy" Mahomes is for playing on that ankle at least 20 times. The chiefs start out fast against us like they usually do and go up 14-3......I'll say 17-10 at halftime. The second half, Lou makes the necessary adjustments and we take it 28-24.

Bengals 28-24
Reply/Quote
I think ppl are underplaying just how much of Mahommes game is moving around and getting out the pocket.

If he cant do ANY of that I dont see the Chiefs scoring alot.
I just put a draftkings money bet of 20 bucks on 35 to 14, so ill stick with it.

Mahommes is not a pocket passer. That offense is not gonna magically be that after 1 week of practice.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34 Chiefs 27
Reply/Quote
Bengals - 27
Chiefs - 13
Reply/Quote
Nail biter as usual.

Bengals 24
Chiefs 21
Reply/Quote
Wasn’t last game a little more one sided than the 3 point margin? Like the Bengals knelt on it in the red zone or maybe gave KC a late meaningless TD.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34 Chiefs 20

I feel like KC is going to try to use a run-heavy offense to protect Mahomes and his possibly diminished mobility. I don't think they will push the ball as we normally expect them to, but I do think they will have success, just not enough to keep up.

My confidence in Burrow is higher than it's ever been, and he has to be smelling blood in the water. If they can run the ball like they did in Buffalo, I don't know who stops them. If a team commits to stopping the run with loaded boxes, it's game over with a qb like 9. The only defenses I fear in the AFC are the ones in the North that we see twice a year. Outside of that, even the more highly rated ones have had no real answer for this offense. KC has a nice d-line, but that secondary is still extremely vulnerable.

I respect KC. They rarely lose games. That said, they were in some real nail-biters vs some really bad teams late in the year. Denver took them to the wire twice. Even the lowly Texans gave them a fight.

While they do have an impressive run game, I still think it's hard to suddenly be something you're not in a game this huge. Mahomes may still be better than most of the qbs in the league with limited mobility, but this will essentially be a team that's forced to change it's personality to a large extent. This is not the game for that, nor the team to do it against. Baltimore's run game gave the Bengals fits, but that's what the Ravens live and die by. They weren't just improvising. KC is an Andy Reid pass-oriented offense that gets bored when they go run heavy. If an offense puts pressure on them by scoring, they'l try to revert to what they are out of necessity, and if that happens we'll really see what kind of limitations the quarterback has.
Reply/Quote
ESPN Analytics: Chiefs 66% chance of winning.
Five Thirty-Eight Analytics : Chiefs 58% chance of winning.

Science Friction Analytics: Chiefs ... are screwed .
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I don't think Mahommes is as injured as people think. I think we are the big dogs now and as such the Chiefs are gonna be fired up. I think the weather and the stadium atmosphere are gonna be really tough. It's probably gonna be a really tough game and hopefully we are as focused as we were last week. I can't pick against the Bengals now so I'll say 28-24 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 35
Chiefs 17

We'll be praised for a dominating performance similar to the Bills win.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs 33
Bengals 27

Hopefully I'm wrong. The OL will be tested this week. The coverage guys are going to have to not only cover but contest passes. I expect Mahomes to rip it all game, even if he throws a pick or two.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 27-20
Reply/Quote
Chiefs 31
Bengals 24

Bengals OL can't hold up. Mahomes plays his MJ flu game.
Reply/Quote
Let's get it Cincinnati!

Close Game Bengals 29-23
Big Win Bengals 30-20
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:22 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Let's get it Cincinnati!

Close Game Bengals 29-23
Big Win Bengals 30-20

You have McPherson missing an extra point, or a bengals safety, a 2 pr conversion or 5 FGs.

Which one?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:41 PM)Housh Wrote: I think ppl are underplaying just how much of Mahommes game is moving around and getting out the pocket.

If he cant do ANY of that I dont see the Chiefs scoring alot.
I just put a draftkings money bet of 20 bucks on 35 to 14, so ill stick with it.

Mahommes is not a pocket passer. That offense is not gonna magically be that after 1 week of practice.

... His numbers are great from the pocket.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: ... His numbers are great from the pocket.

It would certainly seem so. From this article:

"Mahomes has completed 391 of 552 passes (70.8%) from the pocket for 4,598 yards...34 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, and a passer rating of 109.6. Only San Francisco's Brock Purdy (114.6) and Philadelphia's Jalen Hurts (111.7) have better passer ratings from the pocket this season."

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/patrick-mahomes-chiefs-bengals-lou-anarumo/
Reply/Quote
Bills are better than the Chiefs...34-17...Bengals
Reply/Quote
If they were milking the injury reports: 38 - 35 Bengals
If Mahomes is actually hurt with a high ankle sprain: 41 - 17 Bengals
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote