Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals@Chiefs Prediction
Bengals win 31-24.
Reply/Quote
The AFC Championship last year on the NFL network. Just tied it up 21-21 on 2 point conversion which was such a wonderfully designed play. Trent Taylor wide open as they knew they’d go with Chase and pay no attention to him. But Zac is a bad play caller …
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Predictions for games like this are pretty much impossible, in my opinion. It'll likely come down to 1 or 2 plays and whichever team makes those plays will be the team that wins.

We got the fumble on Kelce and the 3rd and 11 pass into an infinitesimally small window to seal the game in the regular season game and that's why we won.

I think the Bengals are clutch and they always seem to make the play they need to when it matters most. When something happens over and over again, you start to think it isn't luck anymore.

With that said, I think the whole Mahomes ankle injury is a terrible omen for us. He's being doubted all week by the national media, people are proclaiming the Bengals the favorites (whether the numbers say so or not, the talk is that the Bengals should win), and the whole Burrowhead thing...

I just feel like the Chiefs and Mahomes especially are gonna have a huge "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" moment tomorrow. So, my gut is telling me we lose this game.

Yep, prediction based purely on vibes. That's how we do it in the AFCCG.

But my gut kind of sucks at predicting success. It's had 17 years of relatively awful fandom and just 2 years of incredible fandom, so we'll just have to wait and see how things go tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 23-21 on a last second safety, Mahomes goes to his knees in tears, I get drunk.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Their D vs our O-Line make me very nervous.

They aren’t the Bills.

Our O-Line wins or loses this game.

If JB stays upright, we win as we are the better O and team overall.

I just don’t trust this O-Line.

Concern #2: Their RB’s. Sure hope they don’t run wild. They are a FAST team and make Dobbins look weak and you saw what he did behind a decent line.

*Kelce will get blanketed I’m sure as we know Lou has that base covered

Prediction? This one’s a toss up for me. Both teams are crazy-good. Whoever brings their A-game wins bc this will be a tight one.
Reply/Quote
31 Bengals
24 Chiefs
Reply/Quote
473-2 Bengals.. We give em a sympathy safety.. Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 07:23 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Bengals win 23-21 on a last second safety, Mahomes goes to his knees in tears, I get drunk.

You forgot all the off season therapy sessions in KC.. It'll be so bad they'll have to beg FEMA to step in to stabilize the entire city.. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The problem is these teams are VERY closely matched. Yes we had a difficult game versus the Rats but we then blew out the Bills while the Chiefs came VERY close to losing to Jacksonville (basically saved by a completely unforced fumble by Agnew). The oddsmakers are effectively "pick em" (Chiefs start with 3 for home field and the line is Chiefs by 1).

I think this is going to be a tough, close game coming down to who makes one more play. I'll go with that being us, and the end score being 30-27 with Money Mac coming up money as time expires.
Reply/Quote
Worried. Beating a great team 4 times in a row is tough. Chiefs eill be pumped up with Burrowhead talk. And missing Chido & 3 offensive lineman hurts. Toney will be back for the Chiefs, and maybe some more deep speed as well.

27-23 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 01:56 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Worried. Beating a great team 4 times in a row is tough. Chiefs eill be pumped up with Burrowhead talk. And missing Chido & 3 offensive lineman hurts. Toney will be back for the Chiefs, and maybe some more deep speed as well.

27-23 Bengals.

I feel like the energy is different coming into this week. I feel like our team has been feeling themselves a little bit and the Chiefs are coming in more like we have the past couple weeks. Hope I'm wrong but I could see us getting punched in the mouth early and trying to scramble to catch up again.

We've been doing amazing at starting fast the second half of the season though, so maybe I'm way off. 

Beating a team 4 times will be hard and it took an amazing comeback and OT to do it last time. I see this being another close game, heart says Bengals but head says Chiefs. 

27-24. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:13 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'll start by saying it will be an epic game. Mahomes is going to play with little injury. I still think the Bengals take care of business and have a good day. Bengals 27 Chiefs 2
I believe we will see another complete game by the Bengals. I believe the Bengals' defense doesn't get the attention it should. I believe the Bengals' offense has too many weapons. Bengals 30 Chiefs 17.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 01:56 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Worried. Beating a great team 4 times in a row is tough. Chiefs eill be pumped up with Burrowhead talk. And missing Chido & 3 offensive lineman hurts. Toney will be back for the Chiefs, and maybe some more deep speed as well.

27-23 Bengals.

If 0-3 is not motivation enough then I can’t help the Chiefs. The mayor of Cincinnati or Hilton coining Arrowhead… Burrowhead isn’t going to force any more tackles or block better. The motivation is there and it centers on 0-3 and going to the Super Bowl. It’s whoever makes the big plays.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Anyone else concerned the Chiefs take a page out of the Ravens book regarding their D?
They shut us down badly.

And for the Run game? Pachecko > Dobbins

Uggggg
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 06:49 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else concerned the Chiefs take a page out of the Ravens book regarding their D?
They shut us down badly.

Uggggg

Why do you spend so much time being worried? 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 06:49 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else concerned the Chiefs take a page out of the Ravens book regarding their D?
They shut us down badly.

Uggggg

Not really. Philadelphia is the only team left whose defense I really find concerning. Some people like to criticize the Bengals having a close game with the Ravens, but they are a division rival that always played us tough. The AFC North makes a lot of other divisions look soft in comparison.

We have also been gashed by runs before, but I fully trust this defense to eventually hold their own against KC's offense.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34 -24

Chiefs can't keep up.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 07:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Predictions for games like this are pretty much impossible, in my opinion. It'll likely come down to 1 or 2 plays and whichever team makes those plays will be the team that wins.

We got the fumble on Kelce and the 3rd and 11 pass into an infinitesimally small window to seal the game in the regular season game and that's why we won.

I think the Bengals are clutch and they always seem to make the play they need to when it matters most. When something happens over and over again, you start to think it isn't luck anymore.

With that said, I think the whole Mahomes ankle injury is a terrible omen for us. He's being doubted all week by the national media, people are proclaiming the Bengals the favorites (whether the numbers say so or not, the talk is that the Bengals should win), and the whole Burrowhead thing...

I just feel like the Chiefs and Mahomes especially are gonna have a huge "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" moment tomorrow. So, my gut is telling me we lose this game.

Yep, prediction based purely on vibes. That's how we do it in the AFCCG.

But my gut kind of sucks at predicting success. It's had 17 years of relatively awful fandom and just 2 years of incredible fandom, so we'll just have to wait and see how things go tomorrow.

It turns out the team that made those 1 or 2 plays were the refs.
Reply/Quote