Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Chiefs Predictions
The Chiefs have given up 6 sacks all season long. Tied for first in the league. The squeelers gave up 9 (none to the Bengals). The Bengasl will hang with them for a while then loose by 17. 37-20 Chiefs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Several things to consider here:

The Chiefs are just about as bad on D as we are ! They have an awesome O that has to be scoring around 30 a game. They're coming of a barn burner at Foxboro so maybe we can catch them at a bit of a letdown ?

We have an awful D. We have a pretty good O that stumbles a bit at times. We're covered up with injuries, will Price be back ?
Oh and it's a prime time game....nuff said

Only chance I think we have is to play keep away and give Mixon and the RB's a ton of the load. Hope and pray the D line shows up.

I'm gonna go out on a very thin limb and say we (this time) pull out a blood pressure pill taking squeeker.

Bengals 33
Chiefs 31
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 01:49 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: the chiefs fans are insane and give them all day to get drunk as hell and that place will be crazy.they will be at least 3 false starts and 3 holdings,Dalton will sacked because of Hart 3 times and our d will not do shit. this game is already over and the players know it.Its marvins fault because he hired this dumbass Austin and brought in this lousy HART.W esterman should be starting in place of HART but ass hole cannot figure that out.Phillips should be playing all game as well as number 40.Cody Core should be benched and number 80 needs on the field.I would play number 92--Washingtion from ohio state,Hubbards buddy.He is really good and put the other NT in not billings. I am telling all of you,if they lose this one,its an 8 and 8 season.And all of you already know to go anywhere in the playoffs you have to have HFA WHICH MEANS A 12 AND 4 WINNING SEASON.NOT HAPPENING,EVER,When marvin gets fired and mike steps down we may have a chance after about 10 more years.50 years and counting,laughting team of nfl--always. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
 Can't tell if this is a joke or what, but the incoherent babble is pretty embarrassing anymore. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals over Chiefs ...

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I predict

[Image: spock-pain.gif]

44-24 Chefs

Meh, we come back to PBS and take care of Tampa, hit the bye at 5-3, get healthy (healthier) and get set for the back eight.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
KC’s O vs Bengals’ D?

600 yards passing
300 yards running

Final score: KC 52-Bengals 10
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 01:49 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: the chiefs fans are insane and give them all day to get drunk as hell and that place will be crazy.they will be at least 3 false starts and 3 holdings,Dalton will sacked because of Hart 3 times and our d will not do shit. this game is already over and the players know it.Its marvins fault because he hired this dumbass Austin and brought in this lousy HART.W esterman should be starting in place of HART but ass hole cannot figure that out.Phillips should be playing all game as well as number 40.Cody Core should be benched and number 80 needs on the field.I would play number 92--Washingtion from ohio state,Hubbards buddy.He is really good and put the other NT in not billings. I am telling all of you,if they lose this one,its an 8 and 8 season.And all of you already know to go anywhere in the playoffs you have to have HFA WHICH MEANS A 12 AND 4 WINNING SEASON.NOT HAPPENING,EVER,When marvin gets fired and mike steps down we may have a chance after about 10 more years.50 years and counting,laughting team of nfl--always. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

You do realize you're supposed to press the spacebar AFTER punctuation, right?  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 07:08 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I predict

[Image: spock-pain.gif]

44-24 Chefs

Meh, we come back to PBS and take care of Tampa, hit the bye at 5-3, get healthy (healthier) and get set for the back eight.

I feel like this should be a Clubber Lang .gif.....But it’s possible that I’ve just seen a few too many Rocky flicks.
Reply/Quote
^ lol. Agreed. Definitely Clubber Lang lol
Reply/Quote
Since most everyone has now started following my pessimistic lead, I'm going to back up and take a reverse-reverse stance this week.  Not so fast, my friend!  We smoke their asses.
We got smoked last week against our most heated and hated rival.  Who Cares?
Is Burfict a suspended ass-clown?  Who Cares?
We are down Price, Gio, Eifert...that's just on offense.  Who Cares?
Our defense sucks balls.  Who Cares?
Andy Dalton on Primetime has a crappy record.  Who Cares?
Marvin Lewis is our HC.  Who Cares?
Mike Brown is still our owner. Who Cares?

Bengals- 94

Chiefs- 31

We blow this one open in the 7th inning. Triple Crowns, Hat tricks, Grand Slams, and we have another 3 guys hitting the cycle all by the time we sing Take Me Out.  This game is going to be a rout of epic proportions. Like that movie 300, we successfully and defiantly hold off a horde of Mongols at the gates of Tripoli.  This is my For Sure, Lock it Up pick this week. 

Another one bites the dust.  We're gonna show those young whipper snapping Chefs what its like to play AFC North football. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping they win and stay in first place.

I predict the Ravens to beat the Saints and the Bengals to lose to the Chiefs and go from 1st place to 3rd.
Reply/Quote
72-49. Chiefs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say the star of the game will be John Ross. He will catch a few deep passes with his speed. It will be a shootout. Bengals 38 Chiefs 35.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 01:02 PM)HuDey Wrote: This has all the makings of a disaster for the orange and black.

1. A QB who makes plays outside the pocket

2. A top TE who can make plays down the field

3. A RB who can rip off chunks of yardage running the ball or catching passes out of the backfield

4. Prime time

5. At Arrowhead

6. They will be “woke” coming off a loss

7. I haven’t even mentioned Tyreek Hill yet

8. Tyreek Hill

Chiefs 38
Bengals 20

I can easily see our defense giving up 38, but the Chiefs defense is allowing 28.7 points, good for 27th in the league...and our offense is averaging 29.0 points, good for 6th in the league. I don't think KC holds us to 20. Not to mention we scored 34 in our only prime-time game this year. 

(10-18-2018, 02:48 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Since most everyone has now started following my pessimistic lead, I'm going to back up and take a reverse-reverse stance this week.  Not so fast, my friend!  We smoke their asses.
1. We got smoked last week against our most heated and hated rival.  Who Cares?
2. Is Burfict a suspended ass-clown?  Who Cares?
3. We are down Price, Gio, Eifert...that's just on offense.  Who Cares?
4. Our defense sucks balls.  Who Cares?
5. Andy Dalton on Primetime has a crappy record.  Who Cares?
6. Marvin Lewis is our HC.  Who Cares?
7. Mike Brown is still our owner. Who Cares?

Bengals- 94

Chiefs- 31

We blow this one open in the 7th inning. Triple Crowns, Hat tricks, Grand Slams, and we have another 3 guys hitting the cycle all by the time we sing Take Me Out.  This game is going to be a rout of epic proportions. Like that movie 300, we successfully and defiantly hold off a horde of Mongols at the gates of Tripoli.  This is my For Sure, Lock it Up pick this week. 

Another one bites the dust.  We're gonna show those young whipper snapping Chefs what its like to play AFC North football. 

I'm a realist and as much as I agree with some of the negativity, I gotta reel you in on some of it.

1. We didn't get "smoked" vs the Steelers, we lost on the last play of the game. Plus we've been losing to the Steelers consistently for 16 years now, and still had some winning seasons, so I don't see how the Steelers loss should be referenced when making predictions against non-Steelers opponents.

2. Burfict is not a clown. If he were a Steeler, you wouldn't even know about 90% of the crap he does. It wouldn't be reported on/tweeted, etc. Don't let the media formulate your opinion for you.

3. ...and we've been winning without those guys. Mixon > Gio and no one thought Eifert would be healthy this year. Price needs to come back, but name a team that isn't dealing with injuries. 

4. Our defense does suck right now. Agreed. They're 23rd in points allowed. That said, we're facing a team that's 27th in points allowed.

5. Our prime-time record has little to do with Dalton. He has a 91.4 rating in his last 12 prime time games, and we're still 4-7-1 in those games. 

6. Marvin Lewis does have a terrible prime-time record. Agreed. To be fair, we're 1-0 this year though, and we played great in that one, so there is some hope.

7. If you want to blame Mike for not firing Marv, etc...fine, but I'm not sure what effect Mike Brown will have on the KC game in particular.

--------------

I'm not making a prediction this week, just as I didn't last week. Mainly because despite this team's good performance this year, I'm aware of the team's history in prime-time and Steelers games. I will say this, though: I'm more confident in our chances against the Chiefs than the Steelers. The Chiefs always have a tendency to start hot and flame out, so they have just as many narratives to overcome as we do.

As tough as it is to stomach another L to the Steelers, our season isn't over. Far from it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can easily see our defense giving up 38, but the Chiefs defense is allowing 28.7 points, good for 27th in the league...and our offense is averaging 29.0 points, good for 6th in the league. I don't think KC holds us to 20. Not to mention we scored 34 in our only prime-time game this year. 

I'm a realist and as much as I agree with some of the negativity, I gotta reel you in on some of it.

1. We didn't get "smoked" vs the Steelers, we lost on the last play of the game. Plus we've been losing to the Steelers consistently for 16 years now, and still had some winning seasons, so I don't see how the Steelers loss should be referenced when making predictions against non-Steelers opponents.

2. Burfict is not a clown. If he were a Steeler, you wouldn't even know about 90% of the crap he does. It wouldn't be reported on/tweeted, etc. Don't let the media formulate your opinion for you.

3. ...and we've been winning without those guys. Mixon > Gio and no one thought Eifert would be healthy this year. Price needs to come back, but name a team that isn't dealing with injuries. 

4. Our defense does suck right now. Agreed. They're 23rd in points allowed. That said, we're facing a team that's 27th in points allowed.

5. Our prime-time record has little to do with Dalton. He has a 91.4 rating in his last 12 prime time games, and we're still 4-7-1 in those games. 

6. Marvin Lewis does have a terrible prime-time record. Agreed. To be fair, we're 1-0 this year though, and we played great in that one, so there is some hope.

7. If you want to blame Mike for not firing Marv, etc...fine, but I'm not sure what effect Mike Brown will have on the KC game in particular.

--------------

I'm not making a prediction this week, just as I didn't last week. Mainly because despite this team's good performance this year, I'm aware of the team's history in prime-time and Steelers games. I will say this, though: I'm more confident in our chances against the Chiefs than the Steelers. The Chiefs always have a tendency to start hot and flame out, so they have just as many narratives to overcome as we do.

As tough as it is to stomach another L to the Steelers, our season isn't over. Far from it.
Clapping

Reply/Quote
Our defense is going to get eaten alive.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I see the Bengals D allowing the chiefs to move up and down the field with little resistance. I cant imagine a scenario where they even have a chance today unless they get some turnovers or get pressure on Mahomes. I think this one will be ugly
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 02:48 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Since most everyone has now started following my pessimistic lead, I'm going to back up and take a reverse-reverse stance this week.  Not so fast, my friend!  We smoke their asses.
We got smoked last week against our most heated and hated rival.  Who Cares?
Is Burfict a suspended ass-clown?  Who Cares?
We are down Price, Gio, Eifert...that's just on offense.  Who Cares?
Our defense sucks balls.  Who Cares?
Andy Dalton on Primetime has a crappy record.  Who Cares?
Marvin Lewis is our HC.  Who Cares?
Mike Brown is still our owner. Who Cares?

Bengals- 94

Chiefs- 31

You forgot about when Germany bombed Pearl Harbor..Is there still time to sign Billy Hamilton to play center field? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:09 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You do realize you're supposed to press the spacebar AFTER punctuation, right?  Whatever

Yes, but there is some confusion as to how many times.  In my day it was always 2 spaces, now the millenials have messed with us and made it only 1.  But I'm my own man and I march to the beat of no one but myself.          So Im doing 10 spaces from now on.          Why, because F them, thats why!   
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 10:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Our defense is going to get eaten alive.

So is theirs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote