Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Could Get Early Game Help Sunday
No, this is not my post last week when I said Bengals Thursday Night Win could get even better if Browns, Steelers and Ravens lose on Sunday, and they did.

This is a Before Sunday look at the 1 PM Games.   The Chargers QB could beat the Browns and the Bills QB could beat the Steelers.  I will be rooting for this to happen early on Sunday.  Then I may take a power nap to be ready for Sunday Night Bengals at Ravens, since I am nearing age 70 and old enough to be a 1968 Bengals Fan.  I will be rooting for Chargers and Bills early in the day.    

The Browns and Steelers might both lose 2 games in between Bengals Thursday Night and Bengals Sunday Night, and that is OK by me.

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are a 14 point underdog

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That’s makes a Sunday win that much more important. Within the span of 14 days we could go from last place and 1 game behind everyone in the division to first place and 1 game ahead of everyone in the division.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 02:43 AM)kevin Wrote: No, this is not my post last week when I said Bengals Thursday Night Win could get even better if Browns, Steelers and Ravens lose on Sunday, and they did.

This is a Before Sunday look at the 1 PM Games.   The Chargers QB could beat the Browns and the Bills QB could beat the Steelers.  I will be rooting for this to happen early on Sunday.  Then I may take a power nap to be ready for Sunday Night Bengals at Ravens, since I am nearing age 70 and old enough to be a 1968 Bengals Fan.  I will be rooting for Chargers and Bills early in the day.    

The Browns and Steelers might both lose 2 games in between Bengals Thursday Night and Bengals Sunday Night, and that is OK by me.

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

Although I don't think it would be possible for me to actually root for the steelers if I watched that game, it would probably be better for the Bengals if the steelers pulled a massive upset and beat the Bills.

Here is why:

The Bills would then be 3-2, with 2 AFC losses.  That would put them in a tie with Cincy if they beat the ratbirds, but would lose the most likely tiebreaker, if it came to that.  I know, early to think of tie breakers, but it is still an advantage.

Also, pitt wins to go 2-3 and keep them more in the middle of the draft, avoiding a top 5 pick.  

I was very scared of a healthy Chargers team (more so than the Browns) so a loss to Cleveland won't kill me, but I will be pulling for LA (I am so proud of myself for not starting to type San Diego, as I have the past 1000 times).  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Take a moment you youngins to appreciate the glory of getting old..We get to take "power naps" whenever we damned well feel like it..Pregame, during the game and post game..and Tuesday afternoons.. While the rest of you are still slaving at your jobs we old folks can take naps whenever we want.. 
I know what you're thinking.."I'm never going to get old."  Here's a clue..In order for that to happen you gotta be pronounced dead at the scene first.. 
Enjoy that power nap Kevin. You earned it.. lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Although I don't think it would be possible for me to actually root for the steelers if I watched that game, it would probably be better for the Bengals if the steelers pulled a massive upset and beat the Bills.

Here is why:

The Bills would then be 3-2, with 2 AFC losses.  That would put them in a tie with Cincy if they beat the ratbirds, but would lose the most likely tiebreaker, if it came to that.  I know, early to think of tie breakers, but it is still an advantage.

Also, pitt wins to go 2-3 and keep them more in the middle of the draft, avoiding a top 5 pick.  

I was very scared of a healthy Chargers team (more so than the Browns) so a loss to Cleveland won't kill me, but I will be pulling for LA (I am so proud of myself for not starting to type San Diego, as I have the past 1000 times).  

Just root against the Bills and forget who they are playing  ThumbsUp
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Sorry can't even force myself to pull for the steelers even if it may help.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:23 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Sorry can't even force myself to pull for the steelers even if it may help.

Me either and at the end of the day we just have to take care of our own business anyway.
Reply/Quote
If we play well on Sunday night, I see this week as another Bengals win + all other AFCN teams loss week.

I'm excited to see it unfold.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me either and at the end of the day we just have to take care of our own business anyway.

Exactly

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Although I don't think it would be possible for me to actually root for the steelers if I watched that game, it would probably be better for the Bengals if the steelers pulled a massive upset and beat the Bills.

Here is why:

Buffalo is probably going to the playoffs anyway, so I'd rather see Pittsburgh collapse. As long as Cincy wins the division it's all good. They may or may not meet Buffalo in the playoffs but first they have to get there. 
Reply/Quote

Here is why:

I just can't root for anyone other team in the AFCN to win. The more losses they accumulate, the better chances of winning the Division, which is the best way into the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:23 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Sorry can't even force myself to pull for the steelers even if it may help.

I rooted for the Steelers last year, when they eliminated the Browns from the playoffs on Monday night and we faced the Browns in Cleveland the next week and we let our starters rest as we went through the playoffs rested. That was our bye week and it was important. Sunday night of the same week the Raiders played an exhausting overtime win over the Chargers. 

The Bengals resting for the tired Raiders was all caused by the Steelers beating the Browns cementing first place for us. Sometimes you have to root for one villain[steelers] when he fights another villain[browns].

P.S. I had to take a shower after rooting for the Steelers.  Sick  That win by the Steelers propelled them into the playoffs a feat nobody thought they could achieve. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hadn't even looked at it but the five games after Sunday are all absolutely winnable... and by absolutely winnable, I mean it's hard to imagine a loss if they play even close to expectations:

@ NO
vs ATL
@ CLE
vs CAR
@ PIT

Yeah yeah, any given Sunday, etc. But still. Beat BAL and I'd say an 8-game winning streak is a fair expectation. Let's get it
Reply/Quote

Same here.  As I said, I'm rooting for Browns and Steelers to lose Sunday early games.  I don't buy into the one post about how it would help Bengals for Chargers and Bills to lose and Browns and Steelers to win.  NO, that only helps Browns and Steelers.  It's way too early to look at a million Wild Card possibilities.  Looking at Bengals Winning The AFC North again like last year, and I want to see Browns and Steelers get some Losses hung on them while they are struggling.  The Chargers have the better Quarterback in that Browns game and The Bills have the better quarterback in the Steelers game.  

Nobody is going to convince me it's better for Browns to beat Chargers and Steelers to beat Bills.  I hope the Bills beat every AFC North team except Bengals.  I don't know how many easy games Browns have, but Chargers aren't one of them.  So FIRST I'll root for Browns and Steelers to lose and THEN I'll root for Ravens to lose and our Bengals Win.  The Bengals winning 3 in a row, while the rest of the AFC NORTH loses at least 2 in a row would be a big swing in Bengals favor. 

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 03:30 AM)pally Wrote: The Steelers are a 14 point underdog

Great. Means they'll probably pull off the upset.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:02 AM)tms Wrote: I hadn't even looked at it but the five games after Sunday are all absolutely winnable... and by absolutely winnable, I mean it's hard to imagine a loss if they play even close to expectations:

@ NO   Andy Dalton
vs ATL  Marcus Mariota
@ CLE  Jacobi Brissett
vs CAR Baker Mayfield
@ PIT  Kenny Pickett

Yeah yeah, any given Sunday, etc. But still. Beat BAL and I'd say an 8-game winning streak is a fair expectation. Let's get it

Yeah, with the way our defense is palying none of those QB's really scare me.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, with the way our defense is palying none of those QB's really scare me.

Dunno, Baker Mayfield has looked like a Hall of Famer against the Bengals the last few times they met.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 12:18 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: Dunno, Baker Mayfield has looked like a Hall of Famer against the Bengals the last few times they met.  

1-3, with the only team they beat being the Saints..... he's not doing much this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 02:43 AM)kevin Wrote: No, this is not my post last week when I said Bengals Thursday Night Win could get even better if Browns, Steelers and Ravens lose on Sunday, and they did.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b2b996891ac166b0a3...y.gif&ct=g]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote