Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals@Cowboys Predictions
(10-05-2016, 01:23 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Have you watched our defense at all this season? We've been gashed by almost every running back, and when we load the box with either Iloka or Williams we get beat over top because our corners get lost on long routes.

We had a pretty good defense against Miami, but that was mostly because Miami beat themselves with a poor offensive gameplan.

We've allowed an average of 3.8 yards per carry and 0 rushing TDs this year.

The longest run we've allowed is 16 yards... How is that gashing us? Please explain.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 03:31 PM)milksheikh Wrote: We've allowed an average of 3.8 yards per carry and 0 rushing TDs this year.

The longest run we've allowed is 16 yards... How is that gashing us? Please explain.

Yeah, i would like to hear this myself..

Sounds like YXD is the guy not watching the Defense.

Sure, we have been beaten deep way too much but we have been very solid against the run and our gameplan
has been different each game depending on our opponent. Seimian is the one guy that caught us by surprise, the
dude just threw the ball great, got to give him props. Lots of big plays were contested tightly.
Reply/Quote
Opponents averaged less than 100 yards rushing per game (390 in the first four games). Combined with 0 allowed rushing TDs, our rush D has been good thus far. However, after re-watching the first few games, the missed tackles at the LOS is worrisome.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:31 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Opponents averaged less than 100 yards rushing per game (390 in the first four games). Combined with 0 allowed rushing TDs, our rush D has been good thus far. However, after re-watching the first few games, the missed tackles at the LOS is worrisome.

Burfict is back, so the missed tackles will be cleaned up a bit. The Bengals defense is going to stop the Cowboys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 07:17 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm not going to bet money with someone I don't know over the internet.

Fair enough. We could have one of the MODS home our money in escrow. All good - too late anyWHO.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 11:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Burfict is back, so the missed tackles will be cleaned up a bit. The Bengals defense is going to stop the Cowboys.

Burfict doesn't play CB so he can only help do much.
Reply/Quote
Bengals....26
Cowboys...19
Reply/Quote
It's 'Americas team' against the league villains.. Who do you think the refs hand the game to? But hey, the bad guys have to win occasionally just to keep it interesting. It's not Leave it to Beaver with June Cleaver.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals get after rookie QB and kick ass while taking names in Dallas.

Bengals Win 24-10

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's Dallas in Dallas - we have to go in assuming that every close call will go in their favor as historically the "Dallas home field officiating" is notorious league wide. That said, the main thing is the OL needs to eat their Wheaties and the DL has to do its job. We win the lines we win the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 11:54 AM)Whacked Wrote: Burfict doesn't play CB so he can only help do much.

Doesn't matter if he doesn't play CB. A lot of the time he puts the defense in the right play to make the play.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals....26
Cowboys...19

So, the Cowboys will score one touchdown and kick four field goals and the Bengals wil score two touchdowns and kick four field goals?  Looks like I better be ready to watch soccer.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 12:54 AM)tlotharw Wrote: So, the Cowboys will score one touchdown and kick four field goals and the Bengals wil score two touchdowns and kick four field goals?  Looks like I better be ready to watch soccer.

Or .... watch Geno break the record for most safeties in a game with 13. Wink
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I have been in the ballpark the first 4 weeks of the season. Lets see how I do this week.

The Bengals D steps it up in this one shutting down the Cowboys running game. Hill has a good game rushing with at least one TD. The defense holds on a critical 3rd down in the 4th quarter. The game comes down to a winning field goal. Bengals 20 Cowboys 17

Edit: Hill is now questionable for Sunday. If Hill does not play, replace my prediction with Gio.

Not even close this week. We got our a$$ whooped. My streak is over.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 12:46 PM)JumboTron Wrote: A well rested and determined Bengals team shows up in Jerry's World looking to make a statement.  Dunlap picks up where he left off against MIA and has Dak running for his life keeping the pressure off the seconday while Geno, and Peko hold stout in the interior.   I believe we hold Elliot to under 80 yards rushing.

Offensively, well, I think we break through in the running game.  What makes me say that?  Nothing more than just believing we are about due for a big game on the ground from either Hill, Gio or both.   Green makes Caiborne look like a charity case out there for most of the afternoon in a game which he again goes over 100 yards with at least one TD.  The wildcard is the redzone.  Hopefully with the extra 9-10 days to prepare and possibly install a few wrinkles, and that wrinkle being Eifert, we look like a much stronger unit when inside the 20.

Bengals - 34
Cowboys - 20

I expect the police and FBI to be showing up at my residence anytime now since the stupidity and ignorance of the above post borders on domestic terrorism.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:42 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I expect the police and FBI to be showing up at my residence anytime now since the stupidity and ignorance of the above post borders on domestic terrorism.

You've become one of my favorite forum members. Way to have fun with it, man!   Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 09:05 PM)Whacked Wrote: Cowboys 27
Bengals 17

Explanation why can be found here: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Record-after-BYE-weeks

I was close. Sadly
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 08:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Dak and Zeke show run wild on Pauly Gs boys

31-17 Dem Boyz

Lol told you.  Hilarious
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:30 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: lol, we blow out Dallas 38-10 why, we shut down there run game, Prescott throws some picks. No one on the Cowboys entire team can stop Aj Green even double covered. Ref adjustments Bengals 30 Dallas 17
WOW, I had no idea our coaches would play so conservative, we played to have long time consuming drives instead of attacking dallas weaknesses, our defense talked smack and then got punched in the mouth, Long season ahead boys. OH YEAH I WAS WAYYY OFF!
Reply/Quote
Good game Cinci... #CowboysNation. I think you guys will get it turned around, too much talent not to.
Reply/Quote